How do I cannibal?

I want to start a new character and kind of hall ass role play him. A regular Joe six pack who gets stuck in his house.
My question is, I don’t want to take cannibal as a starting trait I want to ease into it. So if I continue eating human flesh will my character eventually grow to enjoy it?
Thanks in advance.

[quote=“Jarlaxle, post:1, topic:7593”]I want to start a new character and kind of hall ass role play him. A regular Joe six pack who gets stuck in his house.
My question is, I don’t want to take cannibal as a starting trait I want to ease into it. So if I continue eating human flesh will my character eventually grow to enjoy it?
Thanks in advance.[/quote]
Nope. Cannibal is a chargen trait only, if you don’t take it at the start you won’t ever get it.

Well good to know. Wish there was a way to pick it up in game but oh well.

Debug menu. Add it on the mutation list around the point you think you’d gain in rp.

"Oops! Looks like you’ve been gnawing on your left arm in your sleep. Maybe acquiring the taste for human flesh was a bad idea."
PERMANENTLY CRIPPLED. -2 DEX.

[quote=“Slax, post:5, topic:7593”]"Oops! Looks like you’ve been gnawing on your left arm in your sleep. Maybe acquiring the taste for human flesh was a bad idea."
PERMANENTLY CRIPPLED. -2 DEX.[/quote]

Doesn’t Matter, Had breakfast.

Start as a psychopath (which is a must have trait anyways) and you won’t get the big penalties. I think also that all characters start with a basic human recipe.

Later on you can find a book with more recipes.

Heavy, heavy mutation in certain fields may lead you to no longer objecting to eating long pork (it’s not exactly cannibalism by that point).

Long Pork?

“Long pork” is a very old euphemism for human flesh.

[quote=“ChristopherWalken, post:7, topic:7593”]Start as a psychopath (which is a must have trait anyways) and you won’t get the big penalties. I think also that all characters start with a basic human recipe.

Later on you can find a book with more recipes.[/quote]

See that’s what led me to believe maybe there was a way to acquire cannibalism. A couple of versions back I got a hold of a katana and wandered over to a school to level up my melee. After I murdered about 40 or so zombie kids I got a message with something to the effect “you no longer care” or something like that.
As far as psychopath goes I don’t really consider it a must have although I have enjoyed being able to murder NPC’s with impunity.

[quote=“detahramet, post:6, topic:7593”][quote=“Slax, post:5, topic:7593”]"Oops! Looks like you’ve been gnawing on your left arm in your sleep. Maybe acquiring the taste for human flesh was a bad idea."
PERMANENTLY CRIPPLED. -2 DEX.[/quote]

Doesn’t Matter, Had breakfast.[/quote]

^This

After I murdered about 40 or so zombie kids I got a message with something to the effect "you no longer care" or something like that.

I think that might be a depression message.

[quote=“ChristopherWalken, post:12, topic:7593”]

After I murdered about 40 or so zombie kids I got a message with something to the effect “you no longer care” or something like that.

I think that might be a depression message.[/quote]

Nope, that’s ignoring the penalty (at 100 kids, IIRC).

[quote=“KA101, post:13, topic:7593”][quote=“ChristopherWalken, post:12, topic:7593”]

After I murdered about 40 or so zombie kids I got a message with something to the effect “you no longer care” or something like that.

Nope, that’s ignoring the penalty (at 100 kids, IIRC).[/quote]

Do you permanently retain the inability to care or does it come back? I almost tempted to start another non psycho character to test this out. I could than work my way into being a psychopathic cannibal and only debug the cannibal part. ( I HATE using the debug menu as it really feels like cheating even though I am roleplaying)

Maybe enough consumption of human flesh could cause you to “mutate” the cannibal trait, it makes a sort of sense. A couple traits seem like ones that would develop on their own based on how your character survives, really. Though I suppose it’d require some new descs for some of them if you’re only getting them after all the stuff went down.

[quote=“Jarlaxle, post:14, topic:7593”][quote=“KA101, post:13, topic:7593”][quote=“ChristopherWalken, post:12, topic:7593”]

Nope, that’s ignoring the penalty (at 100 kids, IIRC).[/quote]

Do you permanently retain the inability to care or does it come back? I almost tempted to start another non psycho character to test this out. I could than work my way into being a psychopathic cannibal and only debug the cannibal part. ( I HATE using the debug menu as it really feels like cheating even though I am roleplaying)[/quote]

Permanent. Zaylin’s isn’t out-of-line but I’d have to think about the methodology.

Ah, acquired traits. Yummy.

"Reluctant Cannibal"
You’ve eaten people. You didn’t like eating them but what choice did you have? You’ve sort of gotten used to it by now.

Less harsh penalties. Eventually turns into regular ol’ Cannibal.

The idea of acquired traits seems wrong but feels so right.

What did you THINK would happen when you drank that mutagen??? :stuck_out_tongue:

(More seriously: Long-term project of mine involves passing some out, with an interim project being some that get hannded out based on profession.)

[quote=“Slax, post:17, topic:7593”]Ah, acquired traits. Yummy.

"Reluctant Cannibal"
You’ve eaten people. You didn’t like eating them but what choice did you have? You’ve sort of gotten used to it by now.

Less harsh penalties. Eventually turns into regular ol’ Cannibal.[/quote]On to the suggestions thread!