Just read "To Serve Man". I have some.........inquiries. Muhahah

I looted 2 entire libraries and was perusing my newly acquired works, and I came across this…special cookbook. I learned four new human flesh-based recipes, and took a pretty serious morale hit in the process.

Although I did not select the “Cannibal” trait, does this now allow me to feast upon every and any NPC I come across?

Yes, and you’ll take morale hits for each kill and each meal, I believe.

When I read the title I thought this was going to be something sexual.

I wouldn’t eat people, do you have any idea how many toxins and such are in human meat? A lot.

Hahah, only sexual in a Jeffrey Dahmer-esque sort of way, if you’re into that kind of thing. But I don’t know, it makes me feel more evil, and the character I have going right now is DEFINITELY on the evil side

Actually I once heard that there is a certain protein in human blood that, once injested causes vomiting. Not too canibal friendly.

[size=1pt]Corpse Party, if you dare search it.[/size]

I think you guys are pushing a bit too deep into those myths there.

If you have ever had a nose bleed and you swallowed the majority of the blood. You’ll notice that you’re more or less fine. I have pretty epic doublebarreled nose bleeds swallowing the majority of the blood is just fine.

There isn’t anything special about human flesh that causes people to get sick, barring some parts like the intestines, but even those can be washed as eaten. Pig intestines are quite good when you fry them. Human intestines should probably taste better considering what is fed to them.

Edit: One concern would be pathogens that the person has that can’t be killed off by heat. Mad cow disease for one. Another thing to keep in mind is whether or not the person used any medication before they died, though a 20 something year old likely hasn’t seen the doctor in ages and shouldn’t be on an prescriptive drugs. Not too sure about the drugs you get at the alleyway though, but I suppose that’s a bonus that comes with the meal.

Biologically you might be right. But there is still the mental aspect.

A Modest Proposal to address your distaste regarding long pork.

Please gods tell me that’s a joke.

It’s not a joke, and I’d recommend against reading all of it unless you can spare a few points of Sanity.

That would imply I have sanity to lose. Anywho, I shall finish reading it maybe probably not. dons his reading glasses

What if you could find an article like this in game that would let you convert to cannibalism? "Oh, this article has changed how you see other people! You gain Cannibalism.

I can’t quite tell if serious…

A Modest Proposal is satire. It is a joke.

Even if it is a joke, that a person would believe it is a serious proposal is a good indicator of either how dark people view the world, or how dark the world is. I would be surprised if babies weren’t being eaten today as a delicacy, personally. My reasoning is as follows: There are millions of slaves all over the world today. Many are used in the sex industry, as prostitutes in brothels, massage parlors, on the street, whatever. People have a variety of…interesting tastes. One of these tastes would be to have sex with a pregnant woman. It would behoove an individual in the business to account for all of his customers’ tastes.

Now after the deed is done, what’s to be done with the baby that results? Well, if it’s a girl, you got yourself a new slave for your sex industry. If it’s a boy, and you have no use for it, nor anyone willing to buy it alive…well…you could dispose of it, but that would be wasting money, and the name of the game is making the most money possible. Babies are reported to taste like veal. Veal is a commodity that fetches a good price. Why go to the effort of getting rid of a dead baby, when you could have veal instead? A few backhanded deals, and you got a place to dispose of your non-usable excess babies, for a decent price at that. Once you get someone unscrupulous to carve your babies for meat, if the customer doesn’t know it’s human baby instead of cow baby, and they pretty much taste the same, how will he ever know he’s just eaten a human baby?

Woo. I wonder if this qualifies me as a psychopath. I never did enjoy veal, but thinking like that I’m probably never going to.

Good thing there won’t be any human babies in cataclysm, right? Besides, the thought of zombie babies creeps me out a bit. Not sure why.

http://www.wiki.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?title=Misshapen_fetus
I’m sorry, what was that about not having babies?
By the by, I’m sorry. So sorry.

By the by, I’m sorry. So sorry.[/quote]
Well, crap. When I realized that there weren’t much uses for mutated arms and legs, and eating them was a very bad idea, I kinda never looked at those cloning tubes they got in the labs again. I would have never known. Need to revise that last statement. thinks

At least there’ll never be any living human baby NPCs you can kill and butcher for meat?

…now if those misshapen fetuses somehow came to life, broke out of their tubes and attacked you when you drew near, like an even weaker version of zombie children…ugh.

By the by, I’m sorry. So sorry.[/quote]
Well, crap. When I realized that there weren’t much uses for mutated arms and legs, and eating them was a very bad idea, I kinda never looked at those cloning tubes they got in the labs again. I would have never known. Need to revise that last statement. thinks

At least there’ll never be any living human baby NPCs you can kill and butcher for meat?

…now if those misshapen fetuses somehow came to life, broke out of their tubes and attacked you when you drew near, like an even weaker version of zombie children…ugh.[/quote]

In earlier versions cloning tubes were transparent. Probably a side effect of crate coding being used to seal the tubes. IMO the misshapen fetii probably would have to work something like the Mindsucklers (or was it the Brainsucklers? the crawling-bomb babies) from Parasite Eve 2.

shhhh