How did you last die?

tried to get through the iron bars for the gun store
broke the glass an alarm went off
zombies came I ran and hid
took a car through the front
smashed up the car to get through
escaped with some kind of red ak with foreign rounds a 45 pistol and a box of twelve gauge all they had
eyebot came took a picture
tried to get to the shelter policebot came
teargassed because the gasmask was too constricting
cuffed up left to brutes while robots chased

1 Like

In the thick of a dense forest with my sniper character a random flashbang hack pops out from behind a tree, blinds me. My vision returns and I see a zombie soldier with a bag filled with hacks, another flashbang hack followed by a teargas hack, easy enough targets for my character. Lost sight of the zombie soldier at this point, start looking around for it and suddenly a massive explosion consumes my character, killing me instantly. I could only assume the zombie had a mininuke hack tucked inside that bag of his.

1 Like

Explosive hacks from a zombie grenadier collapsed the ceiling on me in a lab. Iā€™ve been paranoid about quantum tunneling through locked doors into Lab Barracks ever since, and this has saved me from death at least twice, along with careful use of the Directional EMP CBM.

Had full gear but not a vehicle yet. I came across a national guard base and exploited the zombies and hid inside a tank. Then shot all the robots. I drove a trunk through the out fencing and walls to make a gap. I avoided the mines and reverse the truck. Then drove it at the gap at around 60. I let go of the controls as I had the door open and I attempt to dive from the vehicle. Only the piece of $h!t truck fish tailed and ran my sorry @$$ over and I died instantly lol

Fish tailed from you jumping on the door, huh? That might be related to the bug where NPCs moving inside a vehicle cause it to skid out of control. Iā€™ve had the former happen, but I rarely move my PC around in a moving vehicle.

Longest surviving character for a while and, well into the mid game. Went on a night raid to the next town over. Was bent over trying to pick a lock when a hulk comes up behind me out of nowhere and [CENSORED] me in the [CENSORED]. Didnā€™t even have a chance.

While walking through the forest I wanted to cross the road.
Too bad I just walked in front of road blocade with chicken bot
guarding it.
Red dots and big boom!

I also was invited to play football by one hulk and one shocker brute.
Guess who was footballā€¦ :wink:

Strange bug. While I agree that it sucks. It does make some sense. When a fast moving vehicle has a person no longer handling the steering wheel. It could go out of control. While unlikely with most modern irl vehicles short of the wheels hitting something to cause this. You could go out of control for a number of reasons. I just took it as crap luck as I attempted the jump lol

On a side note, what really pissed me off was my latest death. I was in an APC driving back and forth in front of a national guard base. Drawing out the robot guards inside. As I was making my way to run a few over. One opens fire and the plate armor of the vehicle was completely ignored and it instantly killed me.

That and something I havenā€™t determined yet is STILL ctd my game in citiesā€¦which is incredibly annoying and unplayable. =(

MOOOOOOOOOOSE!!! it killed me

Grenade hack from a zombie grenadier. apparently the laser rifle takes a really long time to aim, so I couldnā€™t shoot it down.

My last major character accidentally drove into a river because I was holding down 5 on the num pad and reading something on my phone at the same time. Very embarrassing, that one.

Iā€™ve since started many characters that managed to get themselves killed, usually by running into enemies well before they could handle them. Like this new ā€œunseeing zombieā€ thing that I figured would be easy meat but uhā€¦ no. No it was not. At all.

I got killed in a interesting way due to my stupidity. I was in a lab just got a control laptop and was hacking all the bots on my way through entered a storage room and I saw a light walked into the light like a retard and realised a few seconds too late the light was from a MIL spec turret. Hacked everything else though.
RIP Jim the Hackerman.

1 Like

I should have put this hereā€¦

6 times in a row with ctdā€™s and being too soon to save the game each time. No closer to finding what causes it eitherā€¦sigh.

1 Like

This wasnā€™t my most recent death, but my most recent notable death was a ratherā€¦ quick one.

Start in Evacuee scenario as default profession
Nothing in basement save for doors and benches. I expected nothing yet somehow it still disapointed me.
Hear things going on outside
Open west window curtains
Massive cluster**** of mycus and fungal bois to the west of the shelter.
Close curtain.
Look through northern windows
More of them nearby to the north, this might be an issue
Close curtain.
Check west
Thereā€™s more of them to the west, If thereā€™s any to the south iā€™m as good as dā€¦
Close window, check south windowā€¦ thereā€™s more to the south.
All really close, and thereā€™s a metric ****ton of them

My next keystrokes are: Q Y Y

Those are fun starts, the epic quest to find some antifungal drugs. May I suggest the fungus fighter mod? It adds a few more ways to clear up an infection, both internal and external.

I died most recently to surprise jabberwok in my bed. I went to sleep in my LMOE shelter I found in the woods and I closed all the doors jabberwok walked through my ceiling apparently(door was fine and closed) and he crawled into bed with me. Well I wake up to it kicking me out of bed across the room. Then I pull my shotgun out and fire two shots at it and run out the door. Well I was reloading when this came up ā€œThe terrifying visage of the jabberwok freezes you in placeā€ while loading my next shell and then I got YOU ARE DEAD WANNA WATCH?
I then had a sheltered start in the very same shelter jabberwok is there and very angry he bashed up the place hard.

I too died by surprise Jabberwocky.

I was using the alternate map key, and confused the marker for the quest giver for the location of the Jabberwocky. The quest giver, incidentally, threw himself under my car moments later.

Better road kill than Jabberwocky scratching postā€¦

Iā€™ve been running Knights lately, if you can get them something warm to wear under the armor pretty quick, they can actually hold up quite well. Apparently they have a weakness to tear gas. Especially when itā€™s still in the canister. Thatā€™s all I can assume happened, I never actually saw what shot me or what it shot.

I was pedaling along on my electric bicycle and suddenly went blind, coinciding with a lot of torso damage and extreme pain. I hit the ebrake and jump off, intending to run away into the darkness, but am stopped suddenly by a horrible coughing fit. So horrible in fact, that it kills me. This was almost another ā€˜smoking killsā€™ death, but Iā€™m still not entirely sure what killed me. I know tear gas makes you blind, but I didnā€™t know you could get shot with the canister, and thatā€™s the only scenario that seems to fit. I wish I had a picture of the message log