What was the last thing that killed you?

I drove my V8 powered shopping cart off a bridge… ):

IT IS YURI WHO SHREDS JABBERWOCKS!!

it seems russian reversal was not enough…

Walked into a turret in a lab, despite full night vision I walked by a console and it shot me to pieces.
I was all like this char is going well a bunch of CBMs good mutations and has survived repeatedly breaking their legs.
Then the game was all like: "hope you weren’t too attached to your char. It may as well have done an ascii trollface at that point.
And no memorial file as the game crashed after dying.

Mininuke, not even once.

Seriously who thought making them weigh 20 damn pounds was a good idea…

I almost always die due to turrets nowadays.

[quote=“EkarusRyndren, post:4, topic:3557”]Mininuke, not even once.

Seriously who thought making them weigh 20 damn pounds was a good idea…[/quote]
Oh yeah mininukes, even with 30 strength from hydraulic muscles I still can’t throw it more than 1 tile, and good luck making it out the blast radius in time without taking ALL the drugs or lucky teleports(more likely to put in the epicenter than get you out of it).

My previous character died from exploding bullets. At least, I think it was exploding bullets. All I know is that I made a fire near the vault in a police station, and as I was fueling it further, a badly hurt Zombie Cop killed itself in the fire. Next turn, “KABOOM!”. You’re dead.

Funny thing is, the only reason I lit the fire in the first place was because I was too lazy to loot a nearby bunker for bombs. Guess they came right to me…

Wolf spiders, my newb characters don’t get hungup by anything but spiders. I even killed a jabberwock, but walking back home, 2 wolf spiders ate me.

Accidentally pressed shift+q and press y without reading the test… It was my one month old character.

Is there a way to resurrect a dead character? maybe? please?!

Never. I’m sorry, my friend.

Welcome to Cata.

[quote=“Fetasajt, post:9, topic:3557”]Accidentally pressed shift+q and press y without reading the test… It was my one month old character.

Is there a way to resurrect a dead character? maybe? please?![/quote]
Not unless you got a copy of the .sav file that you can put in the save folder, best thing to do is to unbind the suicide key…there’s classier ways to kill yourself…if you need to or to go in a blaze of glory.

That fucking NPC gave me an active mininuke.
Guess what, I died from the car ramming into the shelter at hypersonic speed.
Third time in this world.
Now I’m guessing - should I stop bulding hypersonic cars or should I cope with the circumstances?

[quote=“trusty_patches, post:12, topic:3557”]That fucking NPC gave me an active mininuke.
Guess what, I died from the car ramming into the shelter at hypersonic speed.
Third time in this world.
Now I’m guessing - should I stop bulding hypersonic cars or should I cope with the circumstances?[/quote]
Stop building hypersonic cars? Come now, this is Cataclysm.

EDIT: I forgot to mention my last death. There was an electric motor in the city and i wanted it. Every bone in my body was telling me “The hell are you doing, man? This is a terrible idea”. It was a terrible idea.

I killed myself by starvation while reading with a savescummed 0 int character. it was too amusing to watch…

Opened a door and there was a secubot. It opened fire and shot me in the head 4 times. Any other bodypart would have been fine and survivable, but well … not this.

always wear a (dubious protective quality) helmet

I drank too much toilet water after eating a fetus.

Segmentation faults kill more of my characters than every other hazard combined.

I was making a new part of my car while i’v lock myself with big part around me. Was out of batteries, and i usually use my welding rig witch was out of range because of the new part iv installed.
Starved before i could bash one part …

You are not alone, unfortunately. I do backup my saves but going back several days gets annoying when I have to repeat stuff.