How did you last die?

Teargas is stupidly OP right now.

There was a Mi-Go right outside my starting shelter. Needless to say it either brutally murdered me or put my brain in a jar to get me out of this hellhole.

Wander spawn, there was a bunch of zombies right in front of a tank. I decided to shoot a frag but it was a BIG mistake more kept coming. The inevitable came because I didnt have a good helmet

Shooting 40mm grenade launcher (frag) mounted on turret with zero launcher skills.
It exploded about 2-3 tiles from me instead in the middle of group of zombies.

1 Like

I almost killed myself like that yesterday, trying to blast a smoker zombie who was hanging around my motel. My saving grace was in the Mk19 being loaded with concussive, rather than frag. My last death was still grenade-related, though. Yet another smoker zombie, I had two grenades in my inventory, wielded one and armed it… and then threw the inactive one at him.

Goes into lab in someone’s basement. Find good loot. No turrets or enemies, Huh. Looting time!
I go through a few rooms, “Huh, what’s with the lack of turrets”. Opens one more door with safe mode off, goes in, Turret is there. Turret guns me down.

take a guess

3 Likes

Cannibals?

must be 20 chars…

1 Like

Zombie hulk killing me in my sleep. Went back to my old base whit my new character, the hulk was still there, and there and he broke most of the stuff inside my base.

Funny think is that there was wall broken, only a windows giving up on a walled garden. So either he spawned in my base or he climbed over the wall. Nice :D.

Oooo that suck. Had 4 character die because of a tank robots that spawned next to the shelter. I kept forgetting to change the start location and i kept spawning at the same one.

Think I figured out my ctd deaths. I fiddled with my load order and I haven’t crashed in 2 days even once, go figure >_>

PS- Chicken walkers and 1 tank nailed me my last 3 deaths. Those little turds are gnarly folks. I was in a heavy rain storm and the last one was off screen in black. Nailed me coming down the street even though I hadn’t even seen it. Apparently the range on them is pretty decent. As it perhaps should be, being a robot and all. I just watch a Boston Robotics video of 2 dog robots open a door. One with an arm just casually opened the door. Let the other go through and entered and was easy looking. Pretty amazing.

Inside a lab,with 35+ bionics,military gear,trying to find the exit,i managed to kill a giant mole rat,died to a turret

10/10 would die again.

Got turned into 3 different pieces by a lab turret. :dizzy_face:

I decided to get some bionics installed at a lab. As I was hauling the cbms and anesthetic, a mi-go kept making annoying noises. So, I decided to jackhammer the door and shoot it to death. However, I didn’t notice that this was a deep frozen lab and hadn’t put on warm clothes, so when I finally got through, I was reduced to a 25 speed crawl and was slowly ripped apart.

Shady zombies……. again…

1 Like

Trying to make a 90 degree turn at 160. Mowed down more trees than I expected to before the pain was unbearably horrible.

1 Like

Rosie Romero (randomly generated) was a local women’s boxing contender when things went south. The evac shelter she started in was full of dead bodies, and some not-so-dead ones were shambling around outside so she moved to a desolate barn in the woods, and after a few days of starving and shivering, got a decent base started and outfitted herself with a wooden shield and nail knuckles to really take the brakes off her boxing abilities.
She began raiding the edge of the town to the east looking for all the things she needed. Firefighter zombies, soldier zombies, feral runners, all went down under her brutal assault, leaving her virtually untouched. That is until the second day’s raid, when she slipped into a house. There was good loot, and a spider basement she noped right out of, but when she returned and tried to exit, she found a pair of zombie brutes from the neighboring football field had seen her in the window and were coming on fast.
She managed to put one down, then the other, just barely. In severe pain and with nothing but aspirin, she limped out of the building and tried to get clear when she spotted the third brute. She tried in desperation to get him to a nearby pile of bodies so she could set them on fire and use that, but it caught up to her and launched her into a nearby wrecked car, and proceeded to beat her to death.
Goodbye Rosie, you were one of the greats, even when you were way out of your weight class.

3 Likes

My last “Survivor” was blown up by a Chicken-Walker… never be on the phone while playing… did not pay enough attention to the sentence about beeing targeted by a laser ^^

Duane Mixon died anticlimactically to a Mi-Go that apparently popped out of a shimmering portal while he was trying to drag a car battery back to the APC he had accidentally run down to zero while chopping wood. If only I had thought to bring the shotgun instead of the crossbow, but with no shopping cart or vehicle, he had to pick one or the other, and he chose wrong.
Last words; Mi-Go Bye Bye

2 Likes

I shot myself with a Fusion Blaster Arm.

1 Like