Guns you would like to see added to the game?

Granted there is already an absurd ammount, who doesn’t love a little more?

M1 Garand, would be chambered in 30-06. Very accurate at mid to long range, but also loud. And upon emptying the clip it should make the familiar “Ping” sound.

Berreta 92/93R. Chambered in 9x19mm Parabellum. The 92 being a standard issue military pistol. The 93R being a three round burst version of the same pistol.

Kar98 Chambered in 7.92x57mm rounds. Very good at mid to long range, the downside being that it would loud and a bolt action.

Discuss.

I agree with the 92…it’s still standard issue if i recall? i don’t know if it will be in 20 years (when this game is set) but who knows.

I know someone was trying to mod in the Mosin Nagant, dunno if they succeeded but when the mod plugin gets worked out I’d love to have a gun pron mod. seriously.

[quote=“Nopkar, post:2, topic:1430”]I agree with the 92…it’s still standard issue if i recall? i don’t know if it will be in 20 years (when this game is set) but who knows.

I know someone was trying to mod in the Mosin Nagant, dunno if they succeeded but when the mod plugin gets worked out I’d love to have a gun pron mod. seriously.[/quote]

As far as I know it is, though I could be wrong. But true, see as how their is laser pew pew weapons in the game, here is no telling what is standard issue anymore.

If I wasn’t so bad at modding/coding I would attempt it. But I fail at anything that has more technology than a toaster.

Obviously, the Beretta 9mm is still U.S. Army standard issue. I would agree that it should be added, despite it’s similarity to the Glock 19 and USP 9mm.

The M1 Garand would be a great addition, especially with the Ping!

Kar 98k would be an interesting addition. A useful gun, somewhat common in the U.S, however the ammunition is exceedingly hard to find and it will be even more so in the future. All in all, it would be a useless weapon in Cataclysm due to the rarity of the ammunition.

I would like to see 10mm ammunition and it’s respective weapons, such as the Glock 20c, Colt Delta Elite, Beretta 10mm models, or even the MP5/10. I would understand if these weren’t added though, very similar to what’s already in the game.

Although, I believe a little bit more variety in that department wouldn’t hurt, as right now taking a 9mm pistol is a sure bet, you will find 9mm in nearly every gun store, many houses and on the random corpse piles. Not to mention how much you get from turrets. Actually, I think making turrets use 10mm, with 10mm pistols being somewhat more rare than 9mm pistols would be neat. Make the turrets a little more powerful, it would make sense as the 10mm is a good round despite recoil (turrets not being affected by recoil) and it would make it less simple to just pick up a 9mm, topple a turret and be set for ammo for life.

[quote=“Austupaio, post:4, topic:1430”]Obviously, the Beretta 9mm is still U.S. Army standard issue. I would agree that it should be added, despite it’s similarity to the Glock 19 and USP 9mm.

The M1 Garand would be a great addition, especially with the Ping!

Kar 98k would be an interesting addition. A useful gun, somewhat common in the U.S, however the ammunition is exceedingly hard to find and it will be even more so in the future. All in all, it would be a useless weapon in Cataclysm due to the rarity of the ammunition.

I would like to see 10mm ammunition and it’s respective weapons, such as the Glock 20c, Colt Delta Elite, Beretta 10mm models, or even the MP5/10. I would understand if these weren’t added though, very similar to what’s already in the game.

Although, I believe a little bit more variety in that department wouldn’t hurt, as right now taking a 9mm pistol is a sure bet, you will find 9mm in nearly every gun store, many houses and on the random corpse piles. Not to mention how much you get from turrets. Actually, I think making turrets use 10mm, with 10mm pistols being somewhat more rare than 9mm pistols would be neat. Make the turrets a little more powerful, it would make sense as the 10mm is a good round despite recoil (turrets not being affected by recoil) and it would make it less simple to just pick up a 9mm, topple a turret and be set for ammo for life.[/quote]

I agree, I would love to see more 10mm weapons in the game, and a replace for the 9mms on the turrets. 9mms are a fair bit too common seems like I find a Glock or a Tec 9 every where I go.

Would be nice to have a 45 revolver, could also fire 410 shells.

The entire set of russian/eastern Europe weapons and mods bundled for Fallout:P&P.

-h&k mp5k-pdw (9x19)
-SVD (Dragunov Sniper Rifle) or Tiger-2 (civilian variant SVD) (7.62x54R for SVD || 7.62X54R / 7.62x51(.308) for Tiger-2)
-JackHammer (12g)

Walther PPK

And if you want to add it in .32, then throw in the skorpion machine pistol as well.

Barrett M82
Browning M2
Browning BAR
M60 Machine Gun

[quote=“Reaper, post:7, topic:1430”]-h&k mp5k-pdw (9x19)
-SVD (Dragunov Sniper Rifle) or Tiger-2 (civilian variant SVD) (7.62x54R for SVD || 7.62X54R / 7.62x51(.308) for Tiger-2)
-JackHammer (12g)[/quote]
MP5K - One of my favourite guns, but in Cataclysm terms barely discernible from the MP5, especially if you mod it.

SVD - Good suggestion, another good long-ranged rifle would be great. The SVD is rather large too, so the volume would be a good balancer.

Pancor Jackhammer - Always think it’s kind of silly to see this in games, a couple of these were made in '80s and never produced again. They weren’t very good weapons and they were never mass produced.

[quote=“GunnerX, post:8, topic:1430”]Walther PPK
And if you want to add it in .32, then throw in the skorpion machine pistol as well.
Barrett M82
Browning M2
Browning BAR
M60 Machine Gun[/quote]
PPK - This would be a great gun to add as a back-up pistol, tiny volume and weight but with low accuracy.

M82 - Only if it’s incredibly rare, the 50 Cal ammunition is also very rare, the recoil goes red with nearly every shot (since you can’t prone) and it brings every zombie, triffid and spider for a mile around down on your head.

Browning M2 - Err, to put on vehicles? I can see that. To wield? No way. Still, rare 50 Cal ammo.

BAR - Neat gun but they’d have extremely high recoil, they were nearly unmanageable which is why they were never really standard issue and I find it unlikely you’d ever find one lying around, especially in the future.

M60 - Same as the BAR, high recoil, very rare, even more so in the future.

-h&k mp5k-pdw (9x19)
-mini Uzi/mirco Uzi

VSS. Would be an extremely rare rifle in the game, seeing as how we don’t see them often over here in the states.

But, it would be automatically suppressed.

RPG. Similar to how the LAW works, just without having to be unpacked, and be a lot heavier and less accurate. But a bigger blast radius.

L85A2. One of the few bullpups I like, and I would imagine to be pretty rare in the game, possibly found in the occasional gunstore, or in mansions.

All the guns. ALL OF THEM! GUNS! ALL OF THE GUNS!

That would be rather great opportunity to take advantage of the existing ammo differentiation. Most of the rockets used in the RPG-7 (which is an important designation as just RPG refers to ammo or more generally to all rocket launchers, including LAW) would have a very small detonation radius if fired into the ground or an organic target. Many would not detonate at all in an organic target.

For that matter, I don’t know if the rockets pre-loaded into the LAW would detonate in a soft target, either.

I’d actually like to see more craftable ranged weaponry.

Serrated Disc Launcher anyone?

You bring up a fair point. I’ll head to the normal items thread.

Any weapon that can double as a land mine is a good weapon. You argument is invalid.

Browning M2 - Err, to put on vehicles? I can see that. To wield? No way. Still, rare 50 Cal ammo.

BAR - Neat gun but they’d have extremely high recoil, they were nearly unmanageable which is why they were never really standard issue and I find it unlikely you’d ever find one lying around, especially in the future.

M60 - Same as the BAR, high recoil, very rare, even more so in the future.

Remember that this is for cataclysm, the game with hydrolic muscles, tentacle arms and strength mutations…
Nothing should be exempt for being “too hard for people”

Also do you know the MG that was used in Vietnam?
The one where some dude cooked his arm when he lost his heat glove so he made a handle for it standard issue.

I personally think that everything should be in this game. From idiotic guns to throwing cars. From beating a hulk with his own trash can arm to whipping a Triffid Queen with a vine.

Edit: Quote was screwed

That would be rather great opportunity to take advantage of the existing ammo differentiation. Most of the rockets used in the RPG-7 (which is an important designation as just RPG refers to ammo or more generally to all rocket launchers, including LAW) would have a very small detonation radius if fired into the ground or an organic target. Many would not detonate at all in an organic target.

For that matter, I don’t know if the rockets pre-loaded into the LAW would detonate in a soft target, either.[/quote]

I don’t think they would, but I could be wrong. Though they could always add different rocket tips as well. I.E. HE, AP, WP etc etc

@DerpMcgee; yes, different rockets should definitely exist, but the LAW, being pre-loaded, was shipped with a certain ammunition type which I probably could have just looked up instead of posting about it but whatever.

@TheRealTenman; you’re right, with hydraulic muscles and shit I suppose the recoil is not an issue late game. However, my main point for the Pancor, BAR and M60 is that they should all be incredibly rare with the Pancor probably not even existing. This is the future, why copy old guns when they could make up new shit.

So let’s expand the topic, this is sci-fi at the end of the day, what not IRL weapons, that seem feasible for Cataclysm gameplay, do you want to see in the game?

Edit; I just thought of something, while I’m talking about the M60 being obsolete and therefore rare, especially in the future, the same goes for the LAW. The U.S. Army hasn’t used the LAW in years.

[quote=“Austupaio, post:18, topic:1430”]@DerpMcgee; yes, different rockets should definitely exist, but the LAW, being pre-loaded, was shipped with a certain ammunition type which I probably could have just looked up instead of posting about it but whatever.

@TheRealTenman; you’re right, with hydraulic muscles and shit I suppose the recoil is not an issue late game. However, my main point for the Pancor, BAR and M60 is that they should all be incredibly rare with the Pancor probably not even existing. This is the future, why copy old guns when they could make up new shit.

So let’s expand the topic, this is sci-fi at the end of the day, what not IRL weapons, that seem feasible for Cataclysm gameplay, do you want to see in the game?

Edit; I just thought of something, while I’m talking about the M60 being obsolete and therefore rare, especially in the future, the same goes for the LAW. The U.S. Army hasn’t used the LAW in years.[/quote]

Hm, as far as sci-fi weapons, I’d like to see more laser, and plasma based weapons.

There is definitely a significant lack of futuristic weaponry.
I’d like to see homing missiles, EMP rockets, plasma grenades, plasma shotguns, high powered lasers that cut through multiple enemies, manhack launchers, a lightning gun, etc.