Gods of the Cataclysm (Challenge Thread)

[center]On the wall is duct-taped a note, handwritten in thick, black marker on homemade paper. It reads:

[b]Pantheon Meeting Wednesday 4/28

You Know Where

Gods Only

Mortals Will Be Shot; Then Sent Off With A Stern Warning

Zombies Will Just Be Shot[/b][/center]

[hr]

I’ve got myself a god character now, and I’m running out of things to do. I looked at the wonderful J-9 thread, but I have my own ideas. This is a place to both submit challenges and accept them. But this topic is named Gods of the Cataclysm for a reason. If you can complete five challenges and pass two milestones, you may choose a sphere of influence and be inducted into the Pantheon of the Apocalypse.

No cheating, debugging, save editing, etc. unless a challenge specifies it.
You may make backups and restore them if you die.

The J-9. Enough said.
Kill a shoggoth unarmed. No Time Dilation.
Kill a zombie hulk with a roll of cash and naked. Never mind about the nakedness now that they throw you through walls.
Get to 2000 pain OR 2000 radiation.
Kill a chicken walker in melee.
Kill a tank drone without using invisibility, smoke, darkness, or Time Dilation. The tank drone must see you.
Drink an entire barrel of whiskey. You don’t have to do it all at once.
Clear at least 5 levels of a slime pit.
Kill an enemy and make its corpse reinforced. Robots and skeletons don’t count.
Kill a zombie dancer.
Kill a thriller, then the accompanying hulks.
Drive through an entire school.
Eat a hulk.
Drink a jug of bleach or ammonia in one sitting.
Get a hulk/jabberwock to kill another hulk/jabberwock by slamming you into it.
Kill a shocker brute unarmed, without Dielectric Capacitance any kind of electrical immunity.
Kill a fungal tower/blossom/spire with no environmental protection in melee.
Wear enough stuff to get at least 1000 storage. Then fill it.
Kill a Thriller with a thriller novel.
Make a HOSTILE tank drone run out of 120mm HEAT rounds. Sorry, hackers and post-thresh mutants.
Bend the spoon.
Build a working vehicle using forest, swamp, and crash site materials only, using only tools also made from those areas.
Build an electric vehicle with the same rules above, plus the following materials can be taken from elsewhere: hoses, plastic bowls, lead, copper, a spray can, and a soldering iron (batteries not included).
Parallel-park your deathmobile.

Install every bionic and gain at least 500,000 bionic power.
Get a threshold.
Build a vehicle that is considered a “rolling fortress”. This will be determined by other players.
Build an epic stationary base. This will be determined by other players.
Get a skill to at least 20.
Collect a full set of fancy clothing. A monocle is a must.
Use the books to learn all seven however many combat styles.
Get a million dollars in the bank. Not cents, dollars.
Find a powerful artifact, carry it with you always.
Take 130 exceptional photos.

Pantheon
Marloss Man Reborn (TheFlame52) - God of Fungus
Zyra (Taikei no Yuurei) - Goddess of Archery
Shal (Nemonole) - Goddess of Travel
Dredd (Jakers) - God of Blades
Rhodri Antman (Rhodri) - God of Insects
Atarabashi Nihondzin (EditorRUS) - God of Code
Faust (Vorpig) - God of Pain
Mr. Fancy (Azrad) - Goddess of Violence
Bob (Deoxy) - God of Cybernetics
Mr. Fixit (Azrad) - God of Cunning
Yoko (Eternalflame) - Goddess of Fire
Skarlet Jahonsson (Hoovytaurus) - Goddess of Rifles
Minh Collins (harison86) - God of Mutagen
Subject Nine (Rot) - God of Chaos
Nijuni (Nijuni) - God of Humanity

From the east you hear a ninja smiling devilishly

But I have things to do ;_;

I hate myself when I found threads like this… I mean, I can barely survive two days without getting killed, I feel like I am losing a lot of things… For example, I never, NEVER have been able to work in a “gigantic level 32 fortress-ish 250-mph-per-hour” car…

Already beat the J-9 with a past catman save (feline threshold) and did the shoggoth and hulk one, don’t know if it was fair since i used boxing (cross counter may need nerf as I can one shot dudes unarmed) and had saber tooth , claws and the fingertip razors aug.
In my opinion the hardest would be the car one because I admit not having the b*lls to doing it (or thinking of doing such thing). I think it’s possible with reinforced heavy power armour though. I also automatically lost because I refuse to cut off my arm to get the cannon CBM, and if I end up doing it, it would be the LAST thing to do here.

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:2, topic:7456”]From the east you hear a ninja smiling devilishly

But I have things to do ;_;[/quote]

Not much of a ninja if we can hear him smiling. KA101 cancels casting Detect Ninja: ninja detected

Hulks are due for an Upgrade shortly, so I’m gonna suggest killing one unarmed and naked may be way more dangerous than you’d expect. (The Upgrade is designed to let them do damage through heavy power armor.)

Done multiple times. It’s sort of become an acid-test for how tough your character has become. Even better when you can do it unarmed:

I don’t think I’ve ever killed one any other way so far.

Killing a hulk unarmed should be pretty much trivial.
I once put my debug char with 20 starting dex, high on meth, with a pointy stick, 1 skill in melee and no armor against a hulk. I though he’d die, but he managed to kill the hulk, break the stick and only get hit once. At ~5 unarmed, fists are better than pointy sticks - especially broken pointy sticks.

For the hulk challenge to make sense, it should be more like:
Kill a hulk unarmed, naked, without using advantageous terrain (pits are insta-win), with 0 fighting skills and with no stat at more than 10 before buffs.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:7, topic:7456”]For the hulk challenge to make sense, it should be more like:
Kill a hulk unarmed, naked, without using advantageous terrain (pits are insta-win), with 0 fighting skills and with no stat at more than 10 before buffs.[/quote]
Unfortunately, nobody is going to have 0 melee by the time they are doing the challenges on this thread. Maybe if they hack it back to 0, then restore it afterwards.

Grinding isn’t much of a challenge. If you lucked out at bionics and got memory banks and metabolic, you could literally just spend days punching fungaloids to get all the skills needed to beat any sane number of hulks while unarmed, naked and sober.

As far as I recall, you can turn off skill leveling. Turning off melee, dodging and unarmed at the start of the game would allow to make this challenge challenging instead of grindy.

i will try j-9 and unarmed shogoth wish me luck
alslo i have 696385/1902450 power so power milestone is complete :smiley:

EDIT:

EDIT2:
J-9 with unarmed with takewondo was a fail, i may try this with my katana and ninjutsu but now i need to find my body take my items read all my books in base and butcher my corpse for cbms

Next time, make a backup before attempting a challenge. If you die, you can restore it, and it’s not against the rules.

actualy now i quicky rebuild my character (10% read times because 38 points in inteligence after 3 doses of andrenaline, weed and pink tablet) now i wear my old slighty weaker eq after i will read all my books i will go look for 9 jabberwocks near dead body in the field

Alright, J-9, using diamond katana, Close Quarters Battle, Hydraulic Muscles, and my own strength.
Aftermath:

And my survivor suit is slightly damaged. Bring on some more challenges!

J-9 with shoggoths. Then, if you dare, ‘Nether’ challenge: 1000 shoggoths plus covering entire terrain in mine’s gas/smoke vents.

Somebody needs to survive a mininuke exploding in their hands. I haven’t tried that since they got a much deserved buff.

Hey flame,
I accept your challenge.

And I raise you a world set to start out on winter, with 127 days per season.
Because fuck you.
Fuck you and your talent and insane luck.

[size=2pt]itmakesmejealous[/size]

I concur that a mininuke exploding in your hands should be a challenge.
It seems on par with the “jump in front of a 100mph car” challenge.

There should also be some sort of radiation or pain challenge.

[quote=“Cherry, post:17, topic:7456”]I concur that a mininuke exploding in your hands should be a challenge.
It seems on par with the “jump in front of a 100mph car” challenge.

There should also be some sort of radiation or pain challenge.[/quote]
Done, both of them.

Say what? Just how did you manage to survive oh-hello-I-breach-straight-through-heavy-PA mininuke?

He means they were added to the list.