Challenge games

Lets brain storm some fun challenge games. This is for experoenced players. We can then compete on who lives longest… So make ot hard.

Mine
25x zombies
Zombies at shelter
Start at 10 pm
Drink mutations as soon as you find them
Must leave skill degrade on

Semi hardcore
Give yourself 24 stat points. Its really hard even when you do this.

1. Roleplay a meth-addict. This means, no get-water-and-food-and-go-cold-turkey. Any world settings you please (though easier is probably better, since meth addiction is brutal). Ultimate goal is to kit out an RV with supplies for making meth on the road (a la Breaking Bad) and make so much meth you are never-not-high.

Don’t do drugs kids.

1. Pacifist run. 'Nuff said. Ok, take pacifist trait, never kill zeds directly (can use traps however), world settings whatever because without a sneaking system, pacifism is death.

2. “How to defend yourself against zed’s armed with a banana!”. Wield only a banana as your weapon; use a pointed stick if you feel this is too hard.

Fight zombies with only the corpse of an NPC sounds like it would be challenging.

[quote=“bahihs, post:2, topic:5956”]1. Roleplay a meth-addict. This means, no get-water-and-food-and-go-cold-turkey. Any world settings you please (though easier is probably better, since meth addiction is brutal). Ultimate goal is to kit out an RV with supplies for making meth on the road (a la Breaking Bad) and make so much meth you are never-not-high.

Don’t do drugs kids.

1. Pacifist run. 'Nuff said. Ok, take pacifist trait, never kill zeds directly (can use traps however), world settings whatever because without a sneaking system, pacifism is death.

2. “How to defend yourself against zed’s armed with a banana!”. Wield only a banana as your weapon; use a pointed stick if you feel this is too hard.[/quote]

Pointy sticks hurt more than pipe crowbars and are moderately OK weapons.

MINE:

1. Illiterate hobo run. Fits well for RP’ing and makes a nice challenge.
  2. Hippie game. Take Pacifist and intolerance to everything except for wheat, fruit, and vegetables. Must smoke all weed found. Take something like Survivor or other cruddy profession for a “straight” game; pick Military something for a conflicting game. Optionally, invent some silly rule like not being allowed to wear military gear (read: kevlar clothes) or not being allowed to use a weapon with cutting damage or a gun or something of the like.
  3. Pick some kind of “brutish” profession like Cop or Biker and crank down Intelligence. NO GRANADES.

Proving to the world why you’re a good demoman: Using only explosives/explosive weapons, try to acquire and drink as much alcohol as possible to stay as drunk as possible for the longest possible amount of time. Bonus points for actually being a good demoman (Don’t blow your leg off in a drunken stupor).

I’ve been playing like this on one character, he’s still alive and his leg is healing but unfortunately I don’t get any bonus points.

one free man
use only crowbar (or makeshift crowbar)
other weapons allowed: revolvers, 9mm pistols, 9mm smg, military grade shotguns, launchers, grenades and crossbow
do not use any atachements (only scopes for crossbow and magazines for smg) bonus points for far-sighted and near sighted

[quote=“Tawarochir, post:5, topic:5956”][quote=“bahihs, post:2, topic:5956”]1. Roleplay a meth-addict. This means, no get-water-and-food-and-go-cold-turkey. Any world settings you please (though easier is probably better, since meth addiction is brutal). Ultimate goal is to kit out an RV with supplies for making meth on the road (a la Breaking Bad) and make so much meth you are never-not-high.

Don’t do drugs kids.

2. “How to defend yourself against zed’s armed with a banana!”. Wield only a banana as your weapon; use a pointed stick if you feel this is too hard.[/quote]

Pointy sticks hurt more than pipe crowbars and are moderately OK weapons.

MINE:

1. Illiterate hobo run. Fits well for RP’ing and makes a nice challenge.
  2. Hippie game. Take Pacifist and intolerance to everything except for wheat, fruit, and vegetables. Must smoke all weed found. Take something like Survivor or other cruddy profession for a “straight” game; pick Military something for a conflicting game. Optionally, invent some silly rule like not being allowed to wear military gear (read: kevlar clothes) or not being allowed to use a weapon with cutting damage or a gun or something of the like.
  3. Pick some kind of “brutish” profession like Cop or Biker and crank down Intelligence. NO GRANADES.[/quote]

Pointed stick (and banana) was a monty python reference lol

How about a movie hero Challenge? No weapons/armor not seen on the character in the movie?
I’m currently doing a Raiders of the Lost Ark sort-of-thing. No more armor than a leather jacket, fedora, and boots, bullwhip and revolver as main weapons, but I can wear/use/carry any artifact I come across. It’s actually turning out fun.

0.05 Item spawn
10x monster spawn
No using items dropped by zombies, you might get infected!
Fragile.

Not so much as a challenge game as it is a normal one…

[quote=“Stelknecht, post:10, topic:5956”]How about a movie hero Challenge? No weapons/armor not seen on the character in the movie?
I’m currently doing a Raiders of the Lost Ark sort-of-thing. No more armor than a leather jacket, fedora, and boots, bullwhip and revolver as main weapons, but I can wear/use/carry any artifact I come across. It’s actually turning out fun.[/quote]

I recently thought about book hero RP-ing. Roland from Black Tower. My thoughts were: illiterate, not using mechanics, electricity and all-of-things-that he-couldnt-know-about. Havent tried it yet, though.

A user from /r/cataclysmdda (reddit) has posted some nice challenges (I suggest “Caveman”)

Hey! That’s me! Kordian is correct, over on Reddit - Dive into anything we are discussing cataclysm almost daily. I run the weekly challenge threads, they’re a little rough sometimes, but I’m working on it. We would all love it if some of you were to join reddit and discuss with us, or those of you who already use reddit and aren’t subbed to come over and talk with us. More activity can almost never be a bad thing! I actually just put up a new challenge today (Crackhead). Hope to see you there!

I tried it.

Btw the one kill I got was the zombie I killed with a crowbar to get the corpse in the first place.

On the plus side, that name you chose is simply glorious.

I’LL DO IT. BE BACK IN A BIT

some time later

:slight_smile:
/▌
░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ / \ Atatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatata
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ :slight_smile:/ tatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatat
Il███████████████████]. /▌ atatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatata
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤… / \ WATAAAAAAAA!!!

Oh crap, was caught up in DF. Give me more time.

Repost for those who don’t reddit?