Gloves for paws?

Hello!

Just wondering if there is any kind of a glove that will fit someone with the paws mutation. I gotta explore some science labs but obviously some will turn you into a popsicle very quickly without the proper gear. Well, I THINK I can make all the gear I need to make it through one but through some short scouting trips I have discovered that since my paws can’t have any gloves that I know of, that even if I’m all worm and snug everywhere else on my body, my paws unfortunately turn into popsicles rather quickly and this ruins of my dreams of one day making a diamond katana. A long scarf, even if you can use it to warm your hands, only provides little warmth to your paws/hands compared to the amount of warmth your mouth gets from wearing one.

TL;DR, what gloves, if any, will fit paws (from the paws mutation)?

P.S, I am using 0.A so they have to be gloves that are in version O.A.

Best advice I have is to stay out of labs until 0.B lands, and then to move to experimentals as we’ll be merging some OVERSIZE hand gear for your popsicle paws fairly shortly after the stable hits.

[quote=“Pieroh, post:1, topic:7806”]Hello!

Just wondering if there is any kind of a glove that will fit someone with the paws mutation. I gotta explore some science labs but obviously some will turn you into a popsicle very quickly without the proper gear. Well, I THINK I can make all the gear I need to make it through one but through some short scouting trips I have discovered that since my paws can’t have any gloves that I know of, that even if I’m all worm and snug everywhere else on my body, my paws unfortunately turn into popsicles rather quickly and this ruins of my dreams of one day making a diamond katana. A long scarf, even if you can use it to warm your hands, only provides little warmth to your paws/hands compared to the amount of warmth your mouth gets from wearing one.

TL;DR, what gloves, if any, will fit paws (from the paws mutation)?

P.S, I am using 0.A so they have to be gloves that are in version O.A.[/quote]

I don’t remember exactly, but you may want to take a look at “XL” version of glove
(I think you may have have at last the survivor gloves xl, but you may find some other piece, they have a tag just for that, witch allow them to be wear even if you have mutations)

Maybe also take a look at the firefighter gloves

So the XL gloves seem to work however they only provide a warmth of 15 and combined with my paws make my hands super-encumbered.
Will I still have my hands become frostbitten to the point there they’re now “Dead” at 0 HP or will I just suffer severe pain and some hand damage that is able to be healed up with FAKs/bandages? Otherwise, I am clueless as to how to protect my hands in a very very cold science lab other than going into an isolated room, starting some stuff on fire and hoping it warms my hands just enough before the fire/smoke becomes too much for me to stay in that room.

I was going to make a ‘mod’ that provided XL versions of just about everything out there with assorted books for it, but when I sat down and went to start it I got lazy and just added the “OVERSIZE” tag to half the shit in the game XD

…Bloody Talons…

I should probably make that mod at some point…

i am amazed how you freeze your paws while my dog used to run arround in the snow in winter w/o any protection… so they are different? Or that dog was freezing to death and not telling me?

Generally speaking it’s bad to leave your pet out in the snow in the winter as it tends to freeze their paws. That said I have no idea just how cold it was then but yeah, good chance you were freezing your poor dog’s paws off.

Well next time he s cold he better tell me n not run arround happily pretending to be fine.

I am not sure but a winter here is generally arround -1 to -7 °c daytime. I have the feelign it got warmer compared to my earlier life… uh global warming or me beeing paranoid dunno. Annyway if there is snow it should be arround 0°c or colder.

edit: I hope you don t think that i left it out over night to sleep in the snow… i merely went out for a walk and play.

Even then I’d probably need winter survivor hood and suit, plus other various other things like XL winter gloves, glove liners, winter boots, winter socks, etc etc because SOMEHOW the labs can go below -100 degress fahrenheit. I mean I know power is out and all but come on did someone leave all the freezers open for hours on end then turned the AC down just before the cataclysm or something?

Nether effects: some planes get to 0 K.

Walking arround in 0k sounds like a hillarious way to die… when can i try? Someone gimme a space suit.

-DLs a fresh version of CDDA and builds the mod anyway-

[quote=“Pieroh, post:4, topic:7806”]So the XL gloves seem to work however they only provide a warmth of 15 and combined with my paws make my hands super-encumbered.
Will I still have my hands become frostbitten to the point there they’re now “Dead” at 0 HP or will I just suffer severe pain and some hand damage that is able to be healed up with FAKs/bandages? Otherwise, I am clueless as to how to protect my hands in a very very cold science lab other than going into an isolated room, starting some stuff on fire and hoping it warms my hands just enough before the fire/smoke becomes too much for me to stay in that room.[/quote]

AFAIK frostbite doesn’t actually cause HP damage, does it? Being cold makes you slow, gives you a morale penalty, having frostbitten hands will give you a penalty to Dexterity, having frostbitten feet will further slow you down, and having a frostbitten face gives a Perception penalty. I don’t think it can kill you outright. A quick glance at the code seems to confirm this, but it might do HP damage somewhere that I’m not seeing.

[quote=“ryvn, post:13, topic:7806”][quote=“Pieroh, post:4, topic:7806”]So the XL gloves seem to work however they only provide a warmth of 15 and combined with my paws make my hands super-encumbered.
Will I still have my hands become frostbitten to the point there they’re now “Dead” at 0 HP or will I just suffer severe pain and some hand damage that is able to be healed up with FAKs/bandages? Otherwise, I am clueless as to how to protect my hands in a very very cold science lab other than going into an isolated room, starting some stuff on fire and hoping it warms my hands just enough before the fire/smoke becomes too much for me to stay in that room.[/quote]

AFAIK frostbite doesn’t actually cause HP damage, does it? Being cold makes you slow, gives you a morale penalty, having frostbitten hands will give you a penalty to Dexterity, having frostbitten feet will further slow you down, and having a frostbitten face gives a Perception penalty. I don’t think it can kill you outright. A quick glance at the code seems to confirm this, but it might do HP damage somewhere that I’m not seeing.[/quote]

I know that it causes pain, and enough pain can make combat risky. Although since this is 0.A my survivor suit and helm make me invincible to most monsters. Plus I’d have my hands continuously frostbitten for hours because my goal ofc with these super-cold labs is to A. Find hydrogen B. make a diamond katana.
B alone will take a few ingame hours just to craft once I have some more hydrogen and of course the near-impossible to find CVD.

Welp I found a CVD in a lab that was at NORMAL temperature, big surprise right? Well I have everything I need for a diamond katana, katana included, except for 15 more units of hydrogen, which happens to nearly impossible to find.

About a 1 in 8 chance for a CVD in any given lab, and a 50% chance for a lab to be Ice.

Alright well I now have the last amount of hydrogen I need, anyway. So all I gotta do is head back to the lab and craft mah diamond katana. Found the hydrogen on a soldier zombie I killed btw. So uh yeah this thread really serves no purpose now.

Not really. Still shows demand for gear.

So you’re speaking about Kitten Mittens™? :smiley:
Can’t help it, I’m a ‘Sunny in Philly’ fan.

[quote=“vultures, post:19, topic:7806”]So you’re speaking about Kitten Mittens™? :smiley:
Can’t help it, I’m a ‘Sunny in Philly’ fan.[/quote]

Unfortunately they are more like Wolfy Mittens cause it’s a lupine character.