How much crap do I need to keep warm?

It’s second day, 48F, and I’m wearing army helm, cargo pants, lab coat, backpack, bandana, light gloves, winter boots, two t shirts, leather pants, kevlar vest, two dust masks and a filter mask, two pairs of medical gloves, and safety glasses, and I’ve lost sensation in my mouth, arms, hands and torso, and in order of encumberance: 2, 0, 10, 7, 1, 5, 5, 2, and under effects, my torso, head, arms, hands, legs, and feet are cold, and my face and hands are frostnip’ed… at 48F. And to top it off under speed I have “Cold legso”. This is on .3 prerelease with a new character.

Storing warmth in a byte going negative or something? Cause I can’t imagine what the hell is going on. I’ll back-up the game and save directory in case anyone wants it.

[quote=“pingpong, post:1, topic:585”]It’s second day, 48F, and I’m wearing army helm, cargo pants, lab coat, backpack, bandana, light gloves, winter boots, two t shirts, leather pants, kevlar vest, two dust masks and a filter mask, two pairs of medical gloves, and safety glasses, and I’ve lost sensation in my mouth, arms, hands and torso, and in order of encumberance: 2, 0, 10, 7, 1, 5, 5, 2, and under effects, my torso, head, arms, hands, legs, and feet are cold, and my face and hands are frostnip’ed… at 48F. And to top it off under speed I have “Cold legso”. This is on .3 prerelease with a new character.

Storing warmth in a byte going negative or something? Cause I can’t imagine what the hell is going on. I’ll back-up the game and save directory in case anyone wants it.[/quote]
Are you playing 0.3?

“This is on .3 prerelease with a new character.”

Prerelease? I thought we had an actual version.

Nope, and before anyone complains, no, my character was not a template, I wiped the folder and it’s only the main Windows executable off the site.

Dont know
I had a backpack, army pants, winter hat, and socks and I was fine,

And now my face is covered in blisters and I have -80% speed.

And “cold legsoning -22%” under speed… maybe it’s something to do with the Thunderstorm or coldxwet interaction.

No idea. Your getting fucked though.

No, getting fucked is when the counter for “your hands are going numb” is going up 2-3x per turn. I checked, turns out medical gloves provide no warmth, but it’s still 46F inside the evac shelter and my hands are frostnipped, though my body is now comfortable, though the food poisoning (actually water) raised my pain to 40 in ~5 turns.

Managed to make it to the next night, once again all of my body, even my feet covered in winter boots, are cold at 45F. Is there any chance making a new character would fix this? And is there a ruin-player flag because it’s been raining for two days straight and I can’t get anything done outside with having to sleep and wake up from cold or be wet and too sad to craft anything (unless I maybe sleep in the sewage plant and then set it on fire)

Try to make it to winter. 3 winter coats over my shoulders, Im getting frostbites. Temperature’s fucked. Ill may go back to .20…

I’m on day 3, and my hands, feet, and mouth are getting more frostbitten, and I’m not wet, and it’s 46F out. I literally can’t travel out enough from my current base of operations to gather any more clothing, as zombies overpower anywhere I get close to, I dropped my weapon apparently in the last wolf/wasp attacks, and all of my limbs are exposed to the elements, as almost all of my clothes have been beaten off me, not even the winter boots can keep my feet from getting frostbitten in spring.

The only issues i’ve had with cold is from getting wet once. Even several days later in 50-ish temp and dry, i still dip to cold every now and then randomly

I had a fire, after sleeping outside and it started raining (damn weather), and could never right my temp afterward, spent 2 days inside in 50ish temp and dry to no avail… and i’d still dip to cold every so often wandering outside during cloudy weather.

Removing and re-wearing all my clothes seems to reset it though.

There are multiple posts about cold issues, i have a feeling there’s a small bit of conditional checking that isn’t getting done as often as it should be (or at all)

It looks like that this finally fixes the problem.

Yay!