Fungal Infection

So, because of my noobiness, i went and killed a fungal spire without adequate protection against its spores, and now i am what i presume is infected, as the spasms indicate:

Is this character doomed,or is there any way to survive this?

I believe royal jelly clears out a fungal infection, either that or it used to.
Last time I got a fungal infection was a few millenniums ago when whales was the developer.

You can brew up some fungicide from triffid fungal fighter sting. If triffid grove is nearby, thats it.

there is fungicide. if you find it. its on science corpses. odds are your dead. only fight fungaloids if you have a filter mask and wear it. i did this way the first time i saw them. most of us did as well.

My base happens to be a science lab, is there a possibility of finding any fungicide and/or royal jelly in there?

Oh heck yeah. Labs are the #1 place for royal jelly and that stuff. I hope you didn’t loot it yet…

They changed the way the disease works a little while ago it now infects through exposed skin

I found some royal jelly (which by the way was in the last room i hadn’t checked,srsly):

And i got the message : "You feel cleansed inside"
Now on to repairing my blown off right leg (them turrets)

Good job!

through exposed skin? so what is considered unexposed skin? i dont see an easy way to tell what is considered exposed?

Exposed skin is any part of the body not equipped with an item that has 100 coverage.

There’s probably an environment protection requirement though.

They changed the way the disease works a little while ago it now infects through exposed skin[/quote]

Does there need to be a single 100% coverage item of clothing, or can you have 5 20%, a 95% and a 20%, etc?

Well I will go with a single item of 100 to be sure. Sometimes games are strange whit percentages and it could check for example 5 times 20% protecton instead of only once 100% protection but i am not sure.

if we have to worry about exposure, we need a better screen to tell us what is covered. the + screen is not good enough.

[quote=“Heclapar, post:8, topic:4313”]I found some royal jelly (which by the way was in the last room i hadn’t checked,srsly):

And i got the message : "You feel cleansed inside"
Now on to repairing my blown off right leg (them turrets)[/quote]before opening a door in a science lab it is generally a good idea to turn off your flashlight. you will usually be able to tell if there’s a turret in the room but it won’t be able to see you.