Fixing the body temp when sleeping

Really? my character wakes up bitching about it being very cold at 16-17C?
It is 17-18 outside atm where i live (montreal,Quebec wich is just a few kms north of new england) and going outside with just pants on sure doesnt feel very cold to me.

It is colder inside with the AC on in a basement and i sleep just fine so why does a fully dressed person would be very cold at 17C? lol
And it does not prevent me from sleeping at all.

This needs to be looked at cause it seems to be very exagerated ingame. @ looks like a total wuss

I also think this is a bit silly. There should be some carry over of heat to nearby bodyparts. Hands don’t get chilly easily since they can be tucked under you or under your armpits and the face and head expel a lot of heat if the rest of the body is covered and rarely require warming especially if you are under a blanket.
[New negative trait idea: Bald (-1) You have no hair on your head to provide natural warmth and must rely more on hats to keep your chrome dome warm.]
The system as-is acts as if we are trying to sleep in below freezing temperatures.

Same thing happened at 20C indoor (was on a chair and not sleeping on the ground).
@ can sleep in a car sitting just fine but inside a house with windows and doors closed bitches about being very cold and wakes up cause of it…
CMON 20C is very confortable and warm actually

Agreed.

I like the Bald idea, too.

Actually I think that cars are heat controlled, so you have nice AC/warmer when sleeping in a car. :slight_smile:

My experience of sleeping on the floor? Well, it takes longer to get to sleep on the floor, and you lose a lot of body temp if you are sleeping on something cool/cold. Such as marble or stone, those were always hard. Carpet and rugs were fine.

I know all of this already, my character never sleeps on the ground.
This is for times you dont sleep in a bed but on a chair/bench early on. No one felt asleep sitting on a chair?? Tell me were you woken up cause you were freezing to death?

Actually it was cause my back was sore, but yeah, you are right IRL. I wonder if that has been added in game.

Chairs don’t have special handling for sleep, because we assumed you wouldn’t sleep in them.
Basically if you sleep on a tile with a chair it assumes you shove the chair out of the way and sleep on the floor.

I have a plan for addressing this, which is to popup a little window indicating how comfortable you are in your current situation when you try to go to sleep. That way you can adjust without having to do a sleep -> wakeup -> adjust -> sleep -> wakeup -> adjust -> repeat thing to try and figure it out.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:8, topic:1868”]Chairs don’t have special handling for sleep, because we assumed you wouldn’t sleep in them.
Basically if you sleep on a tile with a chair it assumes you shove the chair out of the way and sleep on the floor.

I have a plan for addressing this, which is to popup a little window indicating how comfortable you are in your current situation when you try to go to sleep. That way you can adjust without having to do a sleep -> wakeup -> adjust -> sleep -> wakeup -> adjust -> repeat thing to try and figure it out.[/quote]

The popup window is a great idea.