Five Nights at Freddy's Mod V .8

This mod adds in a building called “Bankrupt Pizzera” into the game, in which possessed animatronics spawn. They just want hugs, go visit them :3

• Version .8 no longer has the debug issue. The Pizzera also spawns more items and such.
  • This version marks the last “Five Nights at Freddy’s” build of this mod. After this point my focus is turning to adding a lot more animatronics, things to distance itself from the IP while still retaining the spirit of it.

Demonstration Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv2dTB3mwCc&feature=youtu.be

Mod Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p98yx17obsokrii/Animatronics%20(v%20.8).zip?dl=0

(Let me know if the download link ever stops working. I think dropbox has download limits before it starts to freak out, not sure what it is)

Known bugs:

• My code is messy, but the mod works fine now.

Planned Features:

• Animatronics for many many more species.

• More interesting stats (right now it’s a combination of the best stats of zombie bears, and police bots)

• Make it so certain animatronics say or do things for creepiness factor

• Make it so they ignore you if you wear one of the animal suits you can find in game (This seems like an advanced thing to mod in though, so don’t expect this soon)

Oh ma ga ITS A-FUCKING AMAZING

Thank you :3

starts foaming at mouth gurgle

I thought that avatar looked familiar.

You’ll probably need a “broken [animatronic]” item, where [animatronic] is the name of the “living” version; can be reverse-engineered from the current robots, I’d imagine.

One thing: if you want this merged into mainline, you’d need to DDA it up a bit, as we have rather a lot of Suspiciously Similar IP already. Perhaps change up the critters (animatronic moose, anyone?) and I wouldn’t put much effort into replicating the floor plan. (A security room that’s sealed from the inside, with a human corpse next to a broken console, ought to suffice.)

Basically, not so much “replicate FNaF” as “OHSHIT goo got into the animatronics”.

Be sure this is an easter egg though. I don’t want to be chased around by animatronics every time I walk into a pizzeria.

True, though here you have weapons and no concern about keeping the job.

KA101, paying attention to the forum thread, wasn’t watching the cameras and hears animatronic critter running at speed. He turns and levels his L12.

Kerblam!
Headshot! You hit Runny for 103 damage.
Runny dies!

So much for that. :wink:

So, does the mod include only the monsters or other stuff as well?

God damnit, they were a pain when they lived, more of a pain when they were shamblers, I don’t need to deal with robo-moose.

I like it, but why not just make a special pizzeria instead of using the regular ones.

[quote=“KA101, post:5, topic:7739”]I thought that avatar looked familiar.

You’ll probably need a “broken [animatronic]” item, where [animatronic] is the name of the “living” version; can be reverse-engineered from the current robots, I’d imagine.

One thing: if you want this merged into mainline, you’d need to DDA it up a bit, as we have rather a lot of Suspiciously Similar IP already. Perhaps change up the critters (animatronic moose, anyone?) and I wouldn’t put much effort into replicating the floor plan. (A security room that’s sealed from the inside, with a human corpse next to a broken console, ought to suffice.)

Basically, not so much “replicate FNaF” as “OHSHIT goo got into the animatronics”.[/quote]

I’m not entirely sure how to add it. Just make an item .json and it will work? Or do I have to make something more specific?

I could probably buffer it out by making it so there is are a ton more different animals. That could help with the spawning more than one of the same thing too.

Just the anamatronics.

I thiiiiink due to how I added the building that spawns them, there are both normal pizzeras that don’t have them, and ones that do have a chance to spawn them. I’ve encountered quite a few empty ones. Still ideally I will update this mod later so an entirely different building called, say, “Bankrupt Pizzera” spawns. Then you can be the judge of wether to enter them or not.

Besides pizzera’s are pretty boring by default, that’s why I thought it was fine to add them there.

I love you.

[size=14pt]Hey guys![/size]

Updated this mod, check out the original post for the new download link, and a demonstration video :smiley:

[size=14pt]New Update[/size]

I’ve updated it again, as before, original post has been edited with the new download link and such.

Since this marks a spliting point on where I’m taking the mod, the next update will be in a new thread. I’m distancing the mod from the IP. I’ll leave this one up though for people who want the more specific FNaF experience.

I will probably also be updating this one separately. Its going to be slow though because there’s not much more to add to this one that isn’t higher tier coding stuff.

So when are you planning on making a pull request out of this? Seems like good stuff for the game (mod or main game) and I’d love to see it included.

I second that.

Also, (not sure if this is in already), but if you want your animatronics to say stuff, you can just reverse-engineer the special “attack” from the mi-gos (“PARROT”, IIRC). I believe at some point i2amroy (?) made it so that monsters can have several special attacks, so you can make them occasionally say something and still give them other special battle-attacks.

I don’t know what a pull request is or how to make it :stuck_out_tongue: If it means get it added to the default mod list I would like to do that.

In which case it should be ready next time I release an update, in the next day or so, when I add a lot more anamatronics to distance it a bit from the IP.

[quote=“Snaaty, post:16, topic:7739”]I second that.

Also, (not sure if this is in already), but if you want your animatronics to say stuff, you can just reverse-engineer the special “attack” from the mi-gos (“PARROT”, IIRC). I believe at some point i2amroy (?) made it so that monsters can have several special attacks, so you can make them occasionally say something and still give them other special battle-attacks.[/quote]

Yeah that’s where I was going to look to see what I’d need to do to add it.

You know what we need? I remember those little raster eggs and referentes to other games and media there are in the game. We need more! We should make a big mod with lots of this kinds of things, like the animatronics. Awesome!

We have guides.

We have guides.[/quote]

Is it necessary in my case? Down at the bottom it says:

[quote=“Soron, post:1, topic:1030”][size=14pt]Q: Do I need to use git?[/size]

If you’re a programmer: almost certainly yes. Changes to the game’s code can be messy, sometimes very messy, and it seems to be assumed that if you’re capable of writing code, you’re capable of learning how to use a version control system such as git.

If you’re just modding data files: possibly not, because[/quote]

Since editing data files is all I basically did?