Five Nights at Freddy's Mod V .8

You still need to get the files onto Github so that we can merge them into the game (post feature freeze, of course) which is fairly easy to do: clone the DDA repository to your computer, make a branch for your PR, add your mod to the mods folder, and push the change to Git, then file a pull request and we’ll be able to merge it in.

I would really really really rather see this as a mod than a main line change.

You don’t even have to make a local copy of the game. You could instead just fork the repository on github itself, do your changes and file a pull request all online. Personally I find that more comfortable, but I guess it’s not really the ideal way for larger changes.

I’d be a LOT tougher on this for mainline than I would be for a mod, FWIW. We need more mods that are content-adds, too.

I’m just about to release the next version, in a new thread.

It’d be ideal if current discussions continue here as opposed to that one, just to keep things neat and clean.

Anyway - I messed around with this github thing most of the day and I’m just not grasping it. I know its probably very simple, but it’s just gone over my head.

I’ve asked someone with a particular interest in this mod if he’d be interested it uploading to github and doing the it on my behalf, because he seems to have that figured out. I’ll add him as an author if he accepts.

If he’s not interested, consider this an open offer if someone knows how to do this, tell me if you’d like to do on my behalf. I’ll add you as an author.

No, its not. Sometimes, I think they made it confusing and complicated on purpose.

[quote=“Lanceo90, post:25, topic:7739”]I’m just about to release the next version, in a new thread.

It’d be ideal if current discussions continue here as opposed to that one, just to keep things neat and clean.

Anyway - I messed around with this github thing most of the day and I’m just not grasping it. I know its probably very simple, but it’s just gone over my head.

I’ve asked someone with a particular interest in this mod if he’d be interested it uploading to github and doing the it on my behalf, because he seems to have that figured out. I’ll add him as an author if he accepts.

If he’s not interested, consider this an open offer if someone knows how to do this, tell me if you’d like to do on my behalf. I’ll add you as an author.[/quote]

If you can get on the IRC, we can usually talk people through it? :frowning:

The confusion is high in this one.

Thing is I think I’ve broken it. I tried to start from scratch once and deleted powershell, and now when I install github again it doesn’t install power shell.

Huh. I’m not personally familiar with power shell. What OS?

I think he’s using Windows. It would explain why he’s having trouble with Git.

I can do the pull request if you want.

Thanks, just replied to you on the youtube conversation on it too :3

Weird, I just tried git in a Windows 7 VM and it worked just fine. I’m guessing he just doesn’t know how to use it.

This is a great idea for fans of the game. While I’m not really a fan, it’s still a great idea! I’d even download it, because who doesn’t like more things that kill you?

How neat!
A book I’m working on has a somehow similar title! :))

I’m glad your idea made for a nice mod, dude.

Hey, Is there any looking forward to add jumpscares?
like showing Animatronic’s jumpscare ascii art overlays your gameplay screen?

Wait a min, The DL link down!

You should add a new class a Pizzeria Security Guard, or something.
You would spawn in a pizzeria or a FNAF (Five Nights at Freddies) Pizzeria.
And you would be in the security room.
This would be nice, you could also add your own description like, You had just finished your last night at the Pizzeria and got you money (spawn with 120$ in a cash card) and from the guy on the phone he sounded like you were safer in there than outside the Pizzeria.
Just a suggestion.

Speaking of suggestions, the building tile being grey on the overworld map can be confusing if you use the ‘mark explored’ feature; it turns tiles grey. So something other than grey for the bankrupt pizzeria would be good.