First stab at faction camps

I’m looking for the file that lets a faction camp member modify a field or forest with a “fortification” I want to adjust it to be more even on the horizontals match up more cleanly on the corners and not have any easily circumnavigated corners on the verticals
also can anyone quickly summarize what part of the data makes one option overtake the others? i.e. you build with wood panel you can no longer build the same building with metal

also can anyone quickly summarize what part of the data makes one option overtake the others? i.e. you build with wood panel you can no longer build the same building with metal

If I recall it’s determined by what’s in:

…\data\json\recipes\basecamps

and what’s in your save file

…\save<savename>\o.0.0

The json recipes contain the blueprints/building options depending on the section in the o.0.0 that relates to basecamp.

Each type/method of construction has a json file associated with it. Each of these contain the recipes for building with your chosen construction method. Most of the recipes require knowledge of a blueprint which you gain by completing the ‘lower tier’ recipe first. It’s also where you get excluded from other blueprints.

e.g below part of a recipe for the fireplace 

"blueprint_name": "northeast fireplace",
"blueprint_requires": [ { "id": "fbmh_northeast" } ],
"blueprint_provides": [ { "id": "fbmh_fire_northeast" } ],
"blueprint_excludes": [ { "id": "fbmh_fire_northeast" } ],

It’s been awhile but when I did a run with a basecamp it became bugged and some progress options were missing. Essentially stopping any further progression.

I had to edit the o.0.0 file to remove certain tags from an ‘already built/used blueprints’ list. The options were tagged as built according to the file but in the game it was missing. E.g radio tower option missing in game. Removing this tag from the file allowed it to reappear.

1 Like

thanks any idea what files allow the “build fortification” project?

ok good news I found the code for map fortifications I think it was under data/json/overmap/overmap_terrain/overmap_terrain_faction_base the bad news is despite digging the trenches the overmap isn’t recognizing that the fields that have been fortified and responding accordingly and I probably need to fix this now

it’s in data/json/mapgen/basecamps/primitive_field
looking into what it means now