Digging further into Faction Camps

Hello!

I’m continuing to poke around in Faction Camps, and I was wondering if anyone can point me where in my /save folder I can find details about the camp - is it all stored in x.y.z.map files? I ask for two reasons: one is my camp seems bugged and won’t let me finish building, but also because I’m working on the wiki article and want to get some deeper insight into how things are working.

Incidentally, jbytheway’s autocalc of building requirements is really slick and simplifies writing JSON, but makes documenting stuff harder. Is there any way to audit the autocalculated values?

I’ve done a lot of the newer faction camp json. You can ask me mapgen related questions (not npc related issues). Which part is failing for you?

Mlangsdorf wrote the original autocalc and jbytheway worked on optimization.

Qrox has a python script to calculate the components which can be found in the tools folder. I haven’t tried using it yet.

I plan on writing documentation for “how to make faction camp mapgen” but itll be a while before I get to it. I need to make some other faction camp stuff before 0.F

Thanks!

I’ve managed to build the left half of the central room of the central base (field version) but I’m never presented the option to build the right half and have no idea why, so I’d like some way of seeing what dependency I’m not meeting.

What version are you on. There was an issue with some of those blueprints that was recently fixed. I managed to build the entire thing in a recent build.

The good news is camp bugfixes usually work on any camp so you won’t lose your progress.

PR #43019 had those fixes which you can fix in your own copy if your version is older.
https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/43019

A few days old version of experimental; I’ll try those fixes this evening and see if they help. Thanks!

it’s from 14 days ago, so you should have them in your build. I was able to build the entire building after making sure the 1st room had 2 beds/bookcases and a fire source. I think those are the only prerequisites. If you have those and still have problems, let me know which wall type you were trying to select. I tested rock & log.

I just updated to 10969. Looks like everything’s wood. I notice I’ve build the radio tower and upgraded it, but I can’t seem to interact with it in any meaningful way. I’ve attached the base and the menu.

This seems to be the relevant section:

“pos”:[251,58,0]},{“dir”:[0,0],“type”:“modular_hub_field”,“provides”:[{“id”:“bed”,“amount”:10},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_bed1_northeast”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_bed2_northeast”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_bed3_northwest”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_core_kitchen_stove_south”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_core_kitchen_toolrack_center”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_core_nw_wood_center”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_core_sw_wood_south”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_field_0”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_fireplace_northeast”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_radio_console_north”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_radio_tower_north”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_room0_wood_northeast”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_room1_wood_northeast”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_room2_wood_northeast”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_room4_wood_east”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_room4_wood_northwest”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_room4_wood_southwest”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_room4_wood_west”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_room_bed3_east”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_room_bed3_southwest”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_room_bed3_west”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_root_cellar_north”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_trench_east”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_trench_north”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_trench_south”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_trench_west”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_well_north”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_0”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_bed1_east”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_bed1_northeast”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_bed1_northwest”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_bed1_southwest”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_bed1_west”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_bed2_east”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_bed2_northeast”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_bed2_northwest”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_bed2_southwest”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_bed2_west”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_center”,“amount”:2},{“id”:“fbmh_east”,“amount”:4},{“id”:“fbmh_fire_northeast”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_northeast”,“amount”:4},{“id”:“fbmh_northwest”,“amount”:4},{“id”:“fbmh_nw_center”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_radio_console_north”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_radio_tower_north”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_south”,“amount”:2},{“id”:“fbmh_southwest”,“amount”:4},{“id”:“fbmh_sw_south”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_trench_east”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_trench_north”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_trench_south”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_trench_west”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_west”,“amount”:4},{“id”:“firewood”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“foraging”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“gathering”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“hunting”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“kitchen”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“kitchen_recipes_1”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“logging”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“pantry”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“primitive_camp_recipes_1”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“radio”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“sorting”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“tool_storage”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“trapping”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“water_well”,“amount”:1}],“in_progress”:[{“id”:“bed”,“amount”:10},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_bed1_northeast”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_bed2_northeast”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_bed3_northwest”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_core_kitchen_stove_south”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_core_kitchen_toolrack_center”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_core_ne_wood_center”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_core_nw_wood_center”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_core_sw_wood_south”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_fireplace_northeast”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_radio_console_north”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_radio_tower_north”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_room0_wood_northeast”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_room1_wood_northeast”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_room2_wood_northeast”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_room4_wood_east”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_room4_wood_northwest”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_room4_wood_southeast”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_room4_wood_southwest”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_room4_wood_west”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_room_bed3_east”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_room_bed3_southwest”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_room_bed3_west”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_root_cellar_north”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_trench_east”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_trench_north”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_trench_south”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_trench_west”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_well_north”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_bed1_east”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_bed1_northeast”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_bed1_northwest”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_bed1_southwest”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_bed1_west”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_bed2_east”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_bed2_northeast”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_bed2_northwest”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_bed2_southwest”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_bed2_west”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_center”,“amount”:4},{“id”:“fbmh_east”,“amount”:4},{“id”:“fbmh_fire_northeast”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_ne_center”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_northeast”,“amount”:4},{“id”:“fbmh_northwest”,“amount”:4},{“id”:“fbmh_nw_center”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_radio_console_north”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_radio_tower_north”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_south”,“amount”:2},{“id”:“fbmh_southeast”,“amount”:4},{“id”:“fbmh_southwest”,“amount”:4},{“id”:“fbmh_sw_south”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_trench_east”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_trench_north”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_trench_south”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_trench_west”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“fbmh_west”,“amount”:4},{“id”:“hunting”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“kitchen”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“kitchen_recipes_1”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“pantry”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“radio”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“tool_storage”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“trapping”,“amount”:1},{“id”:“water_well”,“amount”:1}],

I’ll take a look at it, thanks.

I wasn’t able to replicate this in a new world. I can try again if you want to share your save file. It appears as an option after I build the east side room. It either isn’t registering that building (which it looks like it does from : {“id”:“faction_base_modular_hub_room4_wood_east”,“amount”:1},

As for the radio, oddly enough you need the “kitchen table” built in the central building to unlock recruiting (which you can’t build without finishing those rooms). I’ll add the radio tower itself to the unlock list it too.

I’m better at making new content then bugfixing existing stuff but I can try again with your save file.

So how do you put a individual fix into your own Cata from a later version? Just copy/paste the JSON stuff, or can you do it with C++ changes as well?

depends on the change. if Json, you can just paste it into your downloaded copy. If c++ I assume you’d need to compile it.

1 Like

It seems like fbmh_room4_wood_southeast ought to be what I’d want next, and that requires { “id”: “fbmh_east”, “amount”: 4 } according to the JSON, which so far as I can tell, I satisfy.

If you’re curious, here’s a link:

It opens to a 1.8Gb file, though, so be warned.

Can anyone explain how the “in_progress” flag works? Because it seems like there’s a lot of things that are in progress.