Is there a guide or manual available for the faction camp? I talked to an NPC and had gotten help through that avenue but it doesn’t go into a ton of detail. I have a number of questions:
- Is assigning NPCs the only way to get things built? For example, I’d like to build a well, but none of my NPCs have the Survival 4 required. I have a book to teach others to Survival 3, and then another book to teach to Survival 8 but it needs a minimum of 5. Meanwhile, my own character has like 10-12 in the relevant skills. Am I stuck without a well until one of my NPCs manages to grind their way to a skill up?
- I have a central building with a fireplace and a stove. But none of the camp missions for cooking show up because the stove is empty. I tried setting up a firewood source near the stove and filled it up, but that doesn’t seem to register with the basecamp inventory. There is plenty of wood within “Basecamp Storage” designated areas but it doesn’t register there either. So how do you load up a stove?
- I built a farm expansion and even a shed but for some reason the “Plant Fields” option is greyed out despite saying “Ready for Planting: 156”. I went to the farm area and even designated buckwheat fields, and then dropped the seeds in storage, but it doesn’t register in the basecamp menu. How do you plant fields?
- What are the requirements for butchering? I set it as priority 1 for all the NPCs, there were corpses in the storage designation, and I had a butchering rack, but no one did anything.
- Is there a difference between straw beds and mattresses? In the base game, mattresses can’t be built. They’re widespread and easy to find in cities, but they are 300L of volume, and cargo spaces go only up to 250L.