Favriote weapons

• NoDachi
• Saiga
• SKS

Though mostly the NoDachi, AFTER the long search for is finished.

1. Combat knife : For Emergency or Just want stabbin flesh.

2. Machete : Quite easy to find and Decent power.

3. Rubber hose : When i need improvised ranged weapon.(Crossbow)

4. Glock 19+++++ : When needs some attraction or Wearing duffle bag

I really like lightweight weapons. Effective and don’t take too much space/weight is 10/10 to hoarder(No. Not character trait) like me.

[quote=“Nopkar, post:20, topic:4705”]2. G3

Favorite assault rifle EVAR. always carry one wtih me for those special occasions. kitted out this thing is awesome and I just love it[/quote]

These are ingame? Never found one, but if I will someday, it will be on my fav-list!

And someone exlained to me how the pneumatic weapons work concerning game mechanics:
(for anyone who wonders)
Those weapons’ tanks are filled by using a hand pump! So they have a high reload time for a) inserting the ammo and b) raising pressure via pumping! Kudos to the devs for that brilliant solution! Makes sense and is accurate, I like that.
__
Sorry for off-topic.

Can you block with it? I’ve never had it yet, but looking at the wiki, it doesn’t have even the basic block flag listed and the reason I love katana is that it’s the best blocking weapon in the game (along with rapier) and you kill almost all enemies with a single hit anyway.

Neither have I. I always make characters with increased Survival, Archery, Melee, and Dodging skills and go for bows, too. Silent and easily craftable ammunition.

For getting in close I go with the best I can find or craft, but usually either

Wood axe (which I tend to make quite a bit better…I don’t think bash 20 and cut 14 is really fair. It’s the cClassic zombie killer!!!)
Machete
Hatchet
Hammer
Baseball Bat => Nailed Bat

I’ve not come across a katana for a very long time, maybe once ages ago from a pawn shop that got me promptly murdered by robots with the siren’s wailing. For the last few builds I’ve copy pasted the katana with slightly lower stats and made it the “viking sword” :wink: That’s my MOST favourite :slight_smile:

For melee:
Katanas: Because their just better.

“Guns”:
Nail rifle: Absurdly abundant ammo and is silent as well I think, no recoil, good for training rifle skills without wasting ammo of much better rifles, kills basic Z’s in a few bursts.
Pneumatic Bolt driver: Silent(usually),deadly, ammo is easy to make and even load explosive bolts for those time where you need to blow stuff up.

You guys should know that I came up with the idea of the nail rifle.

[quote=“Rookie, post:23, topic:4705”]These are ingame? Never found one, but if I will someday, it will be on my fav-list!

And someone exlained to me how the pneumatic weapons work concerning game mechanics:
(for anyone who wonders)
Those weapons’ tanks are filled by using a hand pump! So they have a high reload time for a) inserting the ammo and b) raising pressure via pumping! Kudos to the devs for that brilliant solution! Makes sense and is accurate, I like that.[/quote]

Yeah, for some reason the G3 seems to be absurdly rare, although it is a very lovely middle of the road gun for battle rifles; the FAL is too inaccurate and the SCAR-H is too weak.

Also, too bad there’s no Metro 2033 solution for the pneumatic guns allowing you to over-pressurize the gun for a temporary damage/armour penetration boost. I would be so keen to spend EVEN MORE TIME pumping the bolt driver for that.

Eh, I didn’t like the G3 that much. I like my SCAR-L. I use an M14 for long ranged shooting.

Also, I just had an idea.

If the pneumatic weapons currently work with a hand pump… why not make a weapon mod that’s basically a mobile air compressor? You know those devices people use to fill up inflatable objects like “lilo” matresses?

It would basically speed up the reload time but would use up batteries or UPS power to do so, and be a bit heavy.

And loud DG123, even the small ones that plug into your car outlet are pretty noisy.

Easier way to implement that might be to have a new weapon that is made from the old weapon + electric motor.

Oh yes, definitely loud. Basically changing your bolt gun from a stealth weapon to the opposite.

Maybe a rubber hose, small electric motor and some electronic scrap/wire?

Turns it into a bolt throwing chaingun.

Can’t have a chaingun without a steel chain as part of an auto-loading/firing mechanism.

And that would be nasty.

So… powered by UPS? I’ll pass.

Eh? Why?

Just whack a rechargeable battery mod onto each of two UPSes, and leave one in your car charging while you go around killing things with your UPS powered weapons.

Infinite power.

I’m not sure but I think Broken Finger meant, and I agree, that there are better uses for a UPS.

But you’d still be carrying the same UPS. So it’s not like it limits what you can use it for. They can run out a bit quick, but… carry two, problem solved.

New idea, for the silent type.

Pump up a few portable tanks before you leave the base, then replace them as they run low, like changing a clip. Or like changing tanks during a paintball match.

Warning: The above user has never played professional paintball

Posted by: deadmerits New idea, for the silent type.

Pump up a few portable tanks before you leave the base, then replace them as they run low, like changing a clip. Or like changing tanks during a paintball match.

Warning: The above user has never played professional paintball

Yeah, that could probably work. only problem is, assuming you didn’t use any form of cut-off for those tanks, they could go flying off the rifle, into either
A: You
B: what ever is behind you, making a relatively loud noise.