Extended Cataclysm v1.0a

Could you make the shopping bags spawn all over the cities along with fliers and papper wrappers, and all of them damaged?

Just an idea.

[quote=“StopSignal, post:41, topic:5330”]Could you make the shopping bags spawn all over the cities along with fliers and papper wrappers, and all of them damaged?

Just an idea.[/quote]
Sure. I have no idea how to make them spawn damaged, though.

So I’ve been working on new ideas and changes and this is what I have in mind for the next update:

-Some new clothing. Wool suit, wool hoodie and duster.
-Increased spawn rate for shopping bags, paper wrappers and fliers littering mostly urban areas.
-Ability to melt small plastic items into a plastic chunk. I will make it so you can melt a variety of items with only one recipe.
-A new item, twigs and bark, found mostly in forests, will be used for kindling and some consumable and chemical recipes.
-Ability to turn fur pelts into leather patches via tanning with fat or bark and other ingredients.

The twigs and bark item is totally from the game Neo Scavenger. It’s a nice game, that one. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, I haven’t been able to add the water collector made with shopping bags. I’ve been looking at the codes of the other funnels and I still can’t find what’s needed for it to work.

[quote=“Chiko, post:43, topic:5330”]Also, I haven’t been able to add the water collector made with shopping bags. I’ve been looking at the codes of the other funnels and I still can’t find what’s needed for it to work.[/quote]That’s because it’s hidden in the code. It literally just looks for the name “funnel”, which allows it to set a “trap” called a funnel. The trap itself is in the traps.json. Just another outdated implementation at the moment.

Aww… Well, I’ll look for other uses then.

It’s update time for today!
An important note first. If you have an older copy of this mod, I recommend you to delete it. The mod has subfolders and some items and recipes has been separated into their own json files now. It’s just to keep things organized for me when editing/adding new content.

Now, the changes in this update include:

Duster:
“A full-length western version of a trenchcoat. It protects your clothes from getting dirty.”
-It has small differences with the trenchcoat but the main one is that it also covers the legs.
-Can be crafted and looted but chances are small.

Wool Hoodie:
“A wool hooded shirt. It offers decent protection against the cold. The front pocket offers both storage room and shelter for your hands.”
-A warmer version of a hoddie. It has little other differences.
-Can be looted and the recipe is available in the Stitch 'n Sticks book.

Wool Suit:
“A wool suit covered in nice patters. It looks like a full body armor but it only protects against cold, sadly.”
-It’s like a sleeping bag but made of wool and is considerable less cumbersome since it’s more like a pajamas.
-Small chances to find it but the recipe can be learned from the Stitch 'n Sticks book.

Twigs and Bark:
“A handful of small branches, leaves and bark from trees. Useful for kindling.”
-Can only be found in fields and forests, mostly forests.

Bark Tea:
“Often regarded as folk medicine in some countries, bark tea is not only a tasty beverage but is also used to boost the immune system.”
-Liquid version of antibiotics.
-The recipe can be learned from some survival books.

Other Changes:
-Recipe to melt 5 small plastic items into a Plastic Chunk. The items used are too small to carve into a Plastic Chunk the usual way.
-Recipe to turn a Fur Pelt into a Leather Patch via tanning using fat or bark and other ingredients.
-Increased spawn rate for Shopping Bags, Paper Wrappers and Fliers littering mostly urban areas.

[quote=“Chiko, post:46, topic:5330”]It’s update time for today!
An important note first. If you have an older copy of this mod, I recommend you to delete it. The mod has subfolders and some items and recipes has been separated into their own json files now. It’s just to keep things organized for me when editing/adding new content.

Now, the changes in this update include:

Duster:
“A full-length western version of a trenchcoat. It protects your clothes from getting dirty.”
-It has small differences with the trenchcoat but the main one is that it also covers the legs.
-Can be crafted and looted but chances are small.[/quote]

Ooh, Duster. Been waiting on something like that. Apreciado, Compadre.

Haven’t really worked in this mod but I have been testing it. I really like how knitting and wool crafting works. Also, I’ve looking at some of my old suggestions and I found some weird recipes and items for the next update, maybe.

Sewer Brew:
“A thirsty mutant’s drink of choice. It tastes horrible but it’s probably a lot safer to drink than before.”
-This is like the drink you start to make when you are addicted to alcohol, don’t want to die of thirst by drinking straight and don’t have proper ingredients for a healthier recipe.
-The recipe needs a Still, Fire Source, Sewage and strong alcohol like Tequila, Whiskey, etc.

Sewagas:
“Sewer Gas inhaler. A powerful hallucinogen with low chances to get addictive.”
-An inhaler based drug. It’s pretty much the shittiest recreational drug at your disposal. The pun is intended.
-The recipe needs a Chemistry Set, Fire Source Or Hotplate or Toolset, Sewage, Bleach and a fully charged Inhaler.

Stimgas:
“Stim Gas inhaler. A powerful stimulant with no chances to get addictive.”
-Couldn’t find a recipe for this one in my old files. I guess I forgot to write them down or something.

I also found a new construction option I added a while ago, Remove Mound of Dirt, which does exactly that. So now you can just remove them instead of digging a hole and then fill it to flat the terrain for whatever reason.

I guess it’s time for an update. The Sewer Brew drink and the Sewagas drug mentioned in the previous post were added but the Stimgas was left outside this update. Remove Mound of Dirt, the new construction option mentioned before, was also added in this update. There’s also a new armor item:

Sharksuit
"A full body chainmail suit used by scuba divers to protect against shark bites."
-It covers 100% of all body parts but the eyes and mouth.
-It’s made of Steel and Plastic but is thin enough for you to wear Footwear over it.
-It provides good protection but is also cumbersome and a bit heavy.
-It cannot be crafted and the chances to find one are low. Mostly available on Sport Stores and the like.

I’m thinking about making more survivor armor options involving the Sharksuit. Maybe allow players to disassemble it, with the right tools, for individual parts.

“Survivor shark suit”

Sounds like something Rivet would do.

I made a small edit in the sharksuit description in the latest post. For some reason, you cannot wear a helmet over it. I checked similar items but I don’t really know why you can’t. Maybe has something to do with how cumbersome it is or maybe because it’s a whole suit. Another reason to allow players to disassemble it, I guess.

Chainmail Hood, Chainmail Shirt, Chainmail Sleeves, Chainmail Gloves, Chainmail Leggings?

And maybe only the disassembled parts are used in crafting instead, just to add another reason to disassembling it.

Edit: I thought about a better way for the chainmail armor.

So the Sharksuit is a one piece chainmail suit with attached plastic helmet and booties. With enough skill, the right tools and the power of the book “Studies in Historic Armorsmithing” turning the Sharksuit into a fully customized Chainmail Armor should be possible.

Chainmail Armor:
“A fully customized chainmail suit. The coif, shirt, arms, and leggings have been modified with leather straps for better adjustment and to allow them to be used separately. Using each piece separately reduces coverage but makes them less cumbersome.”

This piece of armor could then be disassembled into the following pieces.

Chainmail Coif:
“A customized chainmail hood. It covers most of the face, leaving only the eyes exposed. Can be used under helmets.”

Chainmail Shirt:
“A customized chainmail shirt. It’s a sleeveless piece of chainmail with small leather straps to make everything fit.”

Chainmail Arms:
“Customized chainmail arms. Each sleeve has leather straps to connect them with each other. The lack of fingers makes them less cumbersome and allows them to be used with gloves.”

Chainmail Leggings:
“Customized chainmail legs. Their leather straps keeps everything in place and the lack of toes and heels allows them to work perfectly well with footwear.”

To turn all the separated pieces back into a suit, an alternate crafting recipe is needed. It’s not an ideal solution but the only way I can imagine that would be to add the recipe into the book too. Or maybe just avoid the possibility to merge the pieces back into a suit altogether.

New update for today. The Chainmail Armor can now be crafted from a Shark Suit using the method mentioned in the previous post. But you also need a cutting tool, an anvil, a hammer, a chisel, a soldering iron, a sewing kit, leather, scrap metal, a fabrication skill of 8 and a tailoring skill of 6.

Using the Chainmail Armor won’t allow you to wear a helmet but if you disassemble it into separate armor pieces, you will be able to do so. Wearing the separated pieces is less cumbersome in some of them and there’s no coverage reduction like I suggested before.

There’s a new profession for those who want the Shark Suit at start, but it costs 4 points.

Shark Feeder
"You were working in the public aquarium when the world ended. You only survived the initial onslaught because of your shark suit, which is why you are still wearing it."
-Swimming lvl 3
-Wetsuit
-Shark Suit
-Swim Googles
-Rebreather Mask

Also, the Mod has a new name because it’s more than items and recipes now.

I’m working on a new monster and consumables. A new kind of ant worker and food inspired by the Honeypot Ant and the food in that really old Simant game.

Larder Ant
"This enormous orange ant is bloated with liquid and honey balls to the point its abdomen has swollen enormously. Its only purpose seems to be eating food, process it into nutritious liquid and dispense them in droplet shaped balls."
-They will only be found inside Ant Hills, usually in Ant Food Storages.
-They will have a high chance to drop a number of Ant Honey upon death.

Honey Ball
"A droplet shaped ant food. It’s like a thick balloon the size of a baseball, filled with sticky liquid. Unlike bee honey, this has mostly a sour taste, probably because ants feed upon a variety of things."
-It won’t be enjoyable to consume but it will satisfy thirst and hunger.
-It will not rot but it will be alcoholic.
-These will only be found in Ant Food Storages.
-Small chances to be dropped by Ant Workers upon death.

Honeygold brew
"A mixed drink containing all the advantages of its ingredients and none of their disadvantages. It tastes great and it’s a good source of nourishment."
-Made mainly from Ant Honey and Honey Comb or Honey.
-It won’t be alcoholic and will satisfy hunger and thirst more.

Everything is mostly ready but I’m having a problem. Ants are not dropping anything. I don’t know what I’m missing but I will paste the code here. See if I can get a bit of help. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is in item_groups

{ "type" : "item_group", "id" : "honeyant_a", "items":[ ["honey_ant", 5] ] },{ "type" : "item_group", "id" : "honeyant_b", "items":[ ["honey_ant", 5] ] },{ "type" : "item_group", "id" : "honeyant_c", "items":[ ["honey_ant", 5] ] }

This is in mosnter_drops

[ { "type": "monitems", "id": "mon_ant", "item_groups": [ [ "honeyant_a", 1 ] ] }, { "type": "monitems", "id": "mon_honeyant", "item_groups": [ [ "honeyant_a", 1 ], [ "honeyant_b", 2 ], [ "honeyant_c", 3 ] ] } ]

I kill lots and lots of ant workers and Larders but none of them are dropping anything. :frowning:

Edit: I found what I was missing. There’s an item chance in the monster code itself. It was set to 0.

Update Tiem! All the things I mentioned in the last two posts are in the game but with small changes:

-The new Larder Ants have been added into the game. I couldn’t find a way to make a group of them spawn inside Ant Food Storages so they will just have a small chance to randomly spawn. They start to dissolve upon death so if you want a chance to get their Honey, you will have to move fast or kill them in melee range. The amount of food they drop ranges from none to a lot, around 20 honey balls if you are really lucky.

-There’s two new things about Honey Balls. They behave like solid food but you “drink” it instead and you can also find them in Ant Larva Chambers.

-All I mentioned about Honeygold Brew pretty much made it into this update. You also need water, a heating source and a pan, pot or similar cookware. You get 2 charges of Honeygold Brew.

Edit: I forgot to mention Giant Ants are now known as Worker Ants.

I hope everything is working fine with the mod. I’ve been testing it and everything seems to work fine. Larder Ants are a bit too rare, though. Might be ok since they could give lots of Honey Balls. Worker Ants, on the other hand, might be giving away Honey Balls a bit too often. I could use some opinions and feedback. :3

I’m thinking about a rare city building infested with unique monsters, like for instance, Acid spitting beetles or a mad survivor, guarding a stash of canned food, etc.

Also, I will be adding a recycling recipe to turn some liquids into clean water, like acid water, milk, fruit juice, etc. It will probably require 25 charges of Chemistry Set and 5 charges of Water Purifier.

Its a great mod. Regarding the purifying water; look up reverse-osmosis.

I was reading the suggestion section and came across an interesting idea, Clay and Pottery. So I thought about a way to make it work with the current json codes.

To extract clay, you will need:
-A Shovel or similar tool.
-Go to a river or other water source with Shallow Water terrain.
-Go to construction and hit the Extract Mound of Clay option.
-Smash the Mound of Clay to get from 5 to 10 Lumps of Clay.

Smashing the mound of clay to get lumps might sound weird but it was the only way I could think for this to work without messing with real coding.

For Pottery, all you need is fire, water and a number of Lumps of Clay depending on the item you want to craft. The items I have in mind so far are:
-Clay Pot: Another alternative to the vanilla pots.
-Clay Quern: Another alternative to the stone one.
-Clay Teapot: Alternative to metal teapots.
-Clay Jug: Liquid container of 4 standard units.
-Clay Bowl: Liquid container of 2 standard units.
-Clay Container: A huge liquid container of 150 standard units.
-Clay Canister: Crafting ingredients for impact bombs but can also contain 1 unit of liquid.

I already have all this added into my version of the mod. The only problem is that the tools can only be used with the cooking recipes in the mod. I have no way to replace vanilla recipes without altering the core files.

Also, I’m thinking about more construction options with this. Bricks out of Clay and maybe pebbles. Bricks could be used to make normal walls, along with other materials. Normal walls could also drop bricks upon destruction and they could be found around damaged buildings or just lying on the ground. Also, Clay Stove out of clay and pebbles.

In addition, I’m thinking about renaming the Charcoal Kiln to Makeshift Kiln and make it a required tool for Bricks, Clay Canister and the huge Clay Container.

Thanks. Also, I read about it yesterday. It will just use the chemistry set now coz the water purifier can only work on its own. The game ignores the water purifier in the Kitchen Buddy for vehicles. It will require 15 charges but it should take a lot more time, like 30 mins or more.

Time for an update. This one will add quite a number of new things, hopefully good things. The Clay and Pottery items and crafting are now in the mod. The extraction method and items mentioned in my last post are mostly unchanged. Some of the new things is the use of the charcoal kiln, now renamed to Makeshift Kiln, in the crafting of Clay Container, Clay Canister, Clay Quern and Clay Teapot.

As I mentioned before, some of the clay tools like pots and teapots will only be used in recipes in this mod due to the current json codes. I will still include them in the mod just in case this changes and because I could come up with uses for them.

Something I didn’t mentioned in detail was the new Masonry items and construction options. The first thing I should mention is that the gardening shovel is now called Trowel, and will be a required tool for this new feature.

You can now find paper sacks with cement mostly in hardware stores. A required component for making those sturdy Walls we see in most buildings.

Bricks can also be found more easily than cement and they can also be crafted out of clay, pebbles or cement and water. You also need a trowel and a makeshift kiln. You get 8 bricks when crafting them.

As mentioned before, Vertical or Horizontal Walls can now be crafted. You need to build them over wooden Half-Built Walls, which will be considered frames for these walls. Building these walls are quite expensive material wise, so this feature is not that overpowered:

Tools:
Wood Saw and Hammer or similar tools to turn 2x4s into panelling.
You also need a Trowel to place the bricks and work the Cement.

Components:
You need 40 Bricks, 20 units of Cement and 5 units of Water for the Wall.
You also need 8 2x4 and 14 nails for panelling.

Also, a new building. Incomplete House. This building will contain building materials, mostly planks, bricks and cement.

More information of the new items and their descriptions in the main page.

Woot, good job on the update!