Extended Cataclysm v1.0a

Most of that could also cross-link to the Hardware and Home Improvement stores. Cement in particular will be very useful for other construction. Ant expansion will go well with the planned Underground expansions, and the extra gear is within realistic parameters.

To that end: why has this not been PR’d for mainline? Quite a bit of it would qualify, and if the survival stuff gets too esoteric the folks who like it can expand and make a modpack from that.

Thanks! Also, I will be adding a “walkthrough” on wall building coz wall corners and intersections will only work as such when placed in a certain way.

[quote=“KA101, post:61, topic:5330”]Most of that could also cross-link to the Hardware and Home Improvement stores. Cement in particular will be very useful for other construction. Ant expansion will go well with the planned Underground expansions, and the extra gear is within realistic parameters.

To that end: why has this not been PR’d for mainline? Quite a bit of it would qualify, and if the survival stuff gets too esoteric the folks who like it can expand and make a modpack from that.[/quote]
I haven’t PR’d it coz I have no idea what that is and how to do that. xD
I’m guessing it has something to do with that GIT stuff I see being mentioned.

Anyways, I’d love to see some of this content into the main game. If the devs think some of them are good ideas, feel free to take them but let me know so I can take them down from this mod.

Knitting should definitely be part of the game, IMO. :3

Dammit!

I made a mistake so I will be releasing a patch soon, hopefully today. I will probably include a couple of things I was saving for the next update.
I just noticed liquids cannot be used as a component in the construction window so you can’t build walls right now. To fix this, I will be adding a new item:

Mortar Plaster
"A workable substance similar to a paste used to bind other materials together and fill gaps between them. It can also be used for coating walls and ceilings, making this building material suitable for both finishing and load-bearing."

To make this, you need a Sledge Hammer to crush components into aggregate or filler, and a Trowel or a Shovel to mix it all together. The components you need are 8 lumps of clay, 3 rocks or 30 pebbles or 6 bricks or 30 bones, 30 units of cement and 3 units of water. You will get 60 units of Mortar Plaster, which will be enough for 5 walls.

Also:
-Bricks will require a bit less lumps of clay but 2 units of water.
-Walls will require 12 units of mortar plaster and you can use 7 units of superglue as an alternative to nails for the panelling.
-Ability to make concrete walls, which will require a lot more mortar plaster instead of panelling.

The patch is up. All the features I mentioned in the previous post are in it. Sorry about the mistake, lads. D:

Oh my gosh, this is amazing, a lot of it could go into mainline I guess…

I hope everything is working as intended this time. Masonry requires a lot of work and different tools so it’s something players can start doing like mid game or late game.

Next update will most likely add new impact bomb recipes related to the Clay Canister. I’m also thinking about making lots of components like metal scrap, bones, glass shards etc. stackable.

Haven’t done anything yet, just thinking out loud. :3

Would you perhaps like to dive into the world of survivalist mumbo jumbo? I happen to know that something called tannin can be used to improve ones health. All natural antibiotic, I guess.
Stuff like that.

[quote=“Slax, post:67, topic:5330”]Would you perhaps like to dive into the world of survivalist mumbo jumbo? I happen to know that something called tannin can be used to improve ones health. All natural antibiotic, I guess.
Stuff like that.[/quote]
Yup! I added a similar item a few updates ago. It’s called Bark Tea, and it’s just what you describe, a liquid antibiotic. To make it, you just have to lurk forests and find Twigs and Bark lying around the ground. Then, with the required survival skill and recipe knowledge, you prepare it just like you would with normal tea.

You can also find Twigs and Bark in fields but it’s not as common. I got the idea and item names from the game Neo Scavenger. :3

Here are the ingame descriptions:

Twigs and Bark:
“A handful of small branches, leaves and bark from trees. Useful for kindling.”

Bark Tea:
“Often regarded as folk medicine in some countries, bark tea is not only a tasty beverage but is also used to boost the immune system.”

Yeah, I got tannin tea from Neo Scavenger too. :stuck_out_tongue: Anyway, GET THIS INTO MAINLINSE ASAP, GNNNNNRGH!

Lol, I’ll try. I was given instruction on how to PR’d it but with all the guides and stuff it just makes me all lazy about it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have never destroyed walls… until now. I had no idea there were rebars in the game.

I will have to change some things like making rebars lootable/craftable and making them part of the needed components to make walls. So Half-Built walls will be renamed to Wooden Half-Built walls, and I will add Half-Built walls for normal walls and concrete walls.

Edit: Is there a way to make walls drop bricks instead of rocks? The only way I know is to make walls bashable and add the materials they should drop… but that kinda changes how walls behave when destroyed.

I haven’t been here in ages! I’m currently hooked in another game but I will come back one day. I never really abandon my mods maybe!

Someone told me this game got updated and that I should update this mod but I just checked and it seems the game is still in version 0.a… is the game still under development?

Nope. We’ve got about 17 blockers left until 0.B. But experimentals keep coming, and I still want your stuff in mainline.

Could easily be incorporated into vanilla cata

Experimentals? Are those like test builds of the new additions and stuff?

Also, I’ll just go back to updating my other mods, then. There are some ideas in my “To Add” list for this mod written somewhere in a txt file but I will wait a bit longer before coming back since the mod should be still functional.

Not sure if I mentioned this in here before but if some of the features in this mod are good mainline material, then they are free to be taken from the files. :3
Just let me know which features are being incorporated so I can remove them from the files in the next updates for this mod.

What is the status of this?
Because some of these items I have already seen in the experimentals.
Also, this should really be mainlined!

[quote=“Snaaty, post:77, topic:5330”]What is the status of this?
Because some of these items I have already seen in the experimentals.
Also, this should really be mainlined![/quote]
All of the features mentioned in the main page are working. It’s pretty much a finished mod but I have more stuff in mind for it in the future.

Hm, okay, are you planning to merge all of the features in the main game?

Or can just anyone take a part and make a Pull Request at github?

[quote=“Snaaty, post:79, topic:5330”]Hm, okay, are you planning to merge all of the features in the main game?

Or can just anyone take a part and make a Pull Request at github?[/quote]
KA101 gave me instructions on how to do that but github was kinda confusing and I never really continued reading or even made an account there. And yeah, if some of the features of this mod are worthy enough to make it into the main game, they are all free to be PR at github.