Errors in English strings

OK, I will file a PR. And nah, this moonshine thing is not so serious.

But I found two more placeholder strings (src/npctalk.cpp):

[ul][]asked_to_train
[
]asked_personal_info[/ul]

Will they be replaced?

[quote=“Wuzzy, post:21, topic:4155”]OK, I will file a PR. And nah, this moonshine thing is not so serious.

But I found two more placeholder strings (src/npctalk.cpp):

[ul][]asked_to_train
[
]asked_personal_info[/ul]

Will they be replaced?[/quote]

IIRC those are disease/effect tags so you can’t keep pestering the NPC. I don’t think they show up as such in the game, but if so, let us know.

Thanks for reporting, those aren’t placeholders, they’re internal labels, they shouldn’t be translated.

“Fill a container with %drink”

This looks wrong to me and I don’t know what would be the correct version of it.

Bug in iexamine::keg
Possible fixes:
“Fill a container with %drink” = > “Fill a container with drink”

Or

(“Fill a container with %drink”) => string_format((“Fill a container with %s”), drink->tname().c_str()

There are some minor issues with English strings, please fix them before the string freeze:

This string is wrong:

~ Liquid %%%% Food ! Medication These are all consumed by using %s. They provide a certain amount of nutrition, quench your thirst, may be a stimulant or a depressant, and may provide morale. There may also be more subtle effects.

The 2nd line should be “%% Food” instead.

This is a flyer for a fast food chain. In it, a man is placing an order with an attractive woman wearing a bright green shirt in the window with two happy children sitting in the back seat. The poster reads "Burgers, fries, and a Smile." Down in one corner is a company logo.
This is a flyer for a fast food chain. In it, a man is placing an order with an attractive woman wearing a bright green shirt in the window with two happy children in the back seat. The poster reads "Burgers, fries, and a Smile." down in one corner is a company logo. Someone has gone to town on this one with a permanent marker. It is now covered in rude images and racial epithets.
The texts talk about a flyer first, then suddenly and magically it becomes a poster.
A military-grade combat flamethrower designed by Rivtech, the RM451 flamethrower incorporates a cycling pressure rapid-feed fuel system with a high-speed piezoelectric igniter. Solidly built with durability and in mind, it serves as an incredibly destructive weapon in the right hands.
“built with durability and in mind” lol
POPULAR MECHANICS: People say mechanics is boring. We say, "Prove them Wrong!" We've got all the articles that make it interesting to talk about, so you can "Make Mechanics Popular!"
This text appears 4 times almost verbatim, which is really redundant. The differences are just some punctuation characters which don’t alter meaning significantly. I think those strings should be merged. Some other advertisement texts also appear 2 or more times: GREENS supermarket, GLAMOPOLITIAN.

Thanks.

The magazine ads are intended to run in different items, so the strings happen multiple times. Sorry. Rest of 'em look needed, and I’ll fix in my current merge.

[quote=“LazyCat-rus, post:25, topic:4155”]Bug in iexamine::keg
Possible fixes:
“Fill a container with %drink” = > “Fill a container with drink”

Or

(“Fill a container with %drink”) => string_format((“Fill a container with %s”), drink->tname().c_str()[/quote]

Just tested in-game and that line is overwritten by the option line below it (which is basically your second option there). Thanks for reporting, though.

Your protective shell has grown large enough to accomodate–if need be–your whole body.
There should be “accommodate”.

You have a pair of large, translucent wings. They are too small to lift you, but are powerful enough to greatly speed your momvement, with some effort and noise.
“movement”

You whap %s with your tail!
%s whaps %s with his tail!
%s whaps %s with her tail!

Maybe “whip(s)”.

[code]#: lang/json/GENERIC_from_json.py
msgid "oars"
msgid_plural “oars”

#: lang/json/GENERIC_from_json.py
msgid “Oars for a boat”[/code]
It isn’n quite clear what oars unit is used – an oar or pair (or set) of oars.

[quote=“Arex, post:30, topic:4155”]You whap %s with your tail!
%s whaps %s with his tail!
%s whaps %s with her tail!

Maybe “whip(s)”.

[code]#: lang/json/GENERIC_from_json.py
msgid "oars"
msgid_plural “oars”

#: lang/json/GENERIC_from_json.py
msgid “Oars for a boat”[/code]
It isn’n quite clear what oars unit is used – an oar or pair (or set) of oars.[/quote]

“Whap” is intentional as the tail is rather thicker than a whip–more the size of one of those foam cylinder things folks use in water. Oars come in pairs ATM.

Your typos reported in the post before that one are accurate and I’ll file a fix ASAP. Thanks for letting me know.

Little clarification, “whap” is onomonopiea for a slightly-sharp impact. similar sources of the noise would be an open-handed blow (but not a slap) or hitting someone with a bendy stick.

Kevin Granade, KA101, thanks for the explanations.

O_o

#: lang/json/GUN_from_json.py msgid "" "A custom built 9mm submachine gun camouflaged to look as the average " "buisnessman suitcase, panes of cutting edge materials and its clever " "internal construction allowed it to bypass even the most scrupulous of " "security checkpoints. Due to the fact that the average security guard is " "now only concerned in eating you, this million dollar baby has been reduced " "to little more than a novelty item."
-> businessman

#: lang/json/MONSTER_from_json.py msgid "" "A once aggresive and hungry bull shark, this jawed terror is now even more " "aggresive possibly thanks to its lack of a functioning brain."
-> aggressive

Dinos names from DinoMod have wrong plural forms (Compsognathuss, Gallimimuss, Titaniss, Spinosauruss, Tyrannosaurus rexs, Triceratopss, Stegosauruss, Ankylosauruss, Allosauruss, Deinonychuss, Parasaurolophuss, and Dilophosauruss). Ending of the words have to be ‘-es’, not ‘-s’.

#: lang/json/TOOL_from_json.py msgid "magnifying glass" msgid_plural "magnifying glasss"
Similarly.

#: lang/json/keybinding_from_json.py msgid "Move selcted mod down"
-> selected, if this wasn’t an abbreviation.

#: lang/json/keybinding_from_json.py msgid "Re-layer armour/clothing"
“armor” is used in another strings.

#: lang/json/keybinding_from_json.py msgid "reassign invlet"
What is this? “Inventory letter”?

I think I’ve found an error in:

line 16964

“Better not remove something will driving.”

I think it’s “Better not remove something while driving.”

"Better not remove something will driving."
Fixed.

[quote=“LazyCat-rus, post:35, topic:4155”]

“Better not remove something will driving.”

Fixed.[/quote]

Thank you!

I’ve found another error on string 13366 “The prospect of cutting up the [glow=red,2,300]copse[/glow] and letting it rise again as a slave is too much for you to deal with right now.”

This item has german name/description when playing the game in english:
http://cdda.estilofusion.com/zweifire_off

Also, a spanish word appear when using eskrima as melee techinque:
You deliver a puño (should be punch, fist) to [enemy], causing [damage]

“copse” is a typo, thanks for reporting.

[quote=“Vareruma, post:38, topic:4155”]This item has german name/description when playing the game in english:
http://cdda.estilofusion.com/zweifire_off

Also, a spanish word appear when using eskrima as melee techinque:
You deliver a puño (should be punch, fist) to [enemy], causing [damage][/quote]

Negative, those are intended. The Flammenschwert is an All German weapon (I think we need a flaming nodachi “Amaterasu” written in Japanese to make the point) and “puño” is apparently the technical eskrima term for bashing someone with the hilt/handle of your weapon.

Thanks for pointing that out. I am still thinking that without an english description people will see it as a localization mistake, but perhaps that’s just me.

While reviewing the Italian translation I have found other german strings as well (the first one only is translated in Italian) are these intended too and should I leave them as is? (https://imgur.com/cblLf46)