Enemy Variety - New Enemies V.1.1.3 - MOD

do all of your mobs randomly spawn everywhere? or do they spawn in specific locations?

Currently, they spawn pretty much just in town and in some areas. I plan to make it a bit more specific soon.

EH if you are still taking suggestions ill give you a few I’ve considered while playing vanilla, sorry if any are repeats, im not big on reading entire threads

Ghillie/ Camo sniper Zombies… Somewhat self explanatory, zombies who were at one point in time in a recon unit or sniper squad. possibly have a spotter zombie with it would have some sort of sniper type rifle, maybe with a couple of addons like a silencer and a brasscatch of course some ammo maybe a military rucksack and some MREs and a couple bottles of water. If possible make it slightly harder to see them until they are closer and have them make less noise as they move.

Drug addict zombies… They can take a few more shots to down as they became zombified while hopped up on Meth, add a crack pipe on him and an assortment of drugs maybe a bag of Fritos and a can of pop or beer, a torn up backpack, some sort of a lower end smg or pistol.

Boxer/Martial Art zombies… Live in Dojos and are very hard hitting usually causing head or torso damage. Carry things like Boxing gloves, Katana, and a Gi of whatever color, or some sort of belt.

Clown Zombies… Well IRL my true fear is clowns so that’d give me a good reason to spray his brains all over the wall, and I’m sure theres a few other people who’d share my love for spray zombie clown brains all over walls so its a must. These would have clown suits, (might have to make some items for this) a red bobble nose thing, some big clown shoes, rainbow spikey hair and some other silly clown crap.

Cannibals…This is a simple must in the apocalyptic wasteland… These monsters… well people but they arent reasonable enough to really be considered human, they should be some what easy to kill and carry very little but a weapon and some ripped up cloths, maybe some ill gotten goods like jewelry and candy.

Hippies…find some weed on em, a pipe, maybe some LSD or shrooms, not sure if those drugs are in DDA but they need to be, a lighter, a shovel (for digging holes too poo in) and some vegetarian MRES or something else vegetarian

Aliens… Mkay so i always saw all the Scifi stuff in the game and figured there would be aliens but after i dont even know how long of playing this game ive never seen anything like that… they should have some cool weapons maybe from the experimental weapons mod or something, cant think of much they’d really have… maybe a cattleprod? im not sure but you can be imaginative

Well Id come up with more and if you like any of them tell me and ill write a few more ideas.

[quote=“Alpha, post:23, topic:5315”]EH if you are still taking suggestions ill give you a few I’ve considered while playing vanilla, sorry if any are repeats, im not big on reading entire threads

Ghillie/ Camo sniper Zombies… Somewhat self explanatory, zombies who were at one point in time in a recon unit or sniper squad. possibly have a spotter zombie with it would have some sort of sniper type rifle, maybe with a couple of addons like a silencer and a brasscatch of course some ammo maybe a military rucksack and some MREs and a couple bottles of water. If possible make it slightly harder to see them until they are closer and have them make less noise as they move.

Drug addict zombies… They can take a few more shots to down as they became zombified while hopped up on Meth, add a crack pipe on him and an assortment of drugs maybe a bag of Fritos and a can of pop or beer, a torn up backpack, some sort of a lower end smg or pistol.

Boxer/Martial Art zombies… Live in Dojos and are very hard hitting usually causing head or torso damage. Carry things like Boxing gloves, Katana, and a Gi of whatever color, or some sort of belt.

Clown Zombies… Well IRL my true fear is clowns so that’d give me a good reason to spray his brains all over the wall, and I’m sure theres a few other people who’d share my love for spray zombie clown brains all over walls so its a must. These would have clown suits, (might have to make some items for this) a red bobble nose thing, some big clown shoes, rainbow spikey hair and some other silly clown crap.

Cannibals…This is a simple must in the apocalyptic wasteland… These monsters… well people but they arent reasonable enough to really be considered human, they should be some what easy to kill and carry very little but a weapon and some ripped up cloths, maybe some ill gotten goods like jewelry and candy.

Hippies…find some weed on em, a pipe, maybe some LSD or shrooms, not sure if those drugs are in DDA but they need to be, a lighter, a shovel (for digging holes too poo in) and some vegetarian MRES or something else vegetarian

Aliens… Mkay so i always saw all the Scifi stuff in the game and figured there would be aliens but after i dont even know how long of playing this game ive never seen anything like that… they should have some cool weapons maybe from the experimental weapons mod or something, cant think of much they’d really have… maybe a cattleprod? im not sure but you can be imaginative

Well Id come up with more and if you like any of them tell me and ill write a few more ideas.[/quote]

Nah, I’m still taking suggestions. I certainly like the ideas too, I take anything that comes my way on it. While I’m not being the most active at working on this, I’ll certainly see if I can break out some of your suggestions. Might not be entirely to your liking though, there are just some things I can’t do yet. I’m pretty inexperienced.

Well from what I have read here and there enemies and the games AI are some of the more difficult things to work with so i have no large expectations to how you use the ideas just wanna see a larger variety of monsters in the game. Mostly i enjoy the fact that you are willing to take suggestions and add them in. I wish i had any skill in programming and id offer a hand in the creation of these monsters. Well i will continue to write down monster ideas as they come to me and give ya a list when i get a few more on it, so far i have been thinking it would be cool to see is a large variety of things like Game birds, large hunting game like elk, deer, and other not so zombified. Leeches would be cool if you stepped into swamp water.

Hello dear mod arthur.
i have been having problem with your mod.
military commander zombie is dropping error:missingitem. when killed.

Edit:
I have found problem with mod.
u had used “zombie_commander_items” instead of “commander_zombie_items” in monster drops.
U should fix this in next release.

Thanks for the compliment, I like the idea of leeches though. In reality, the way I do it uses little coding in general and more so “Pseudo-code”. Anyone can do it, really. Thanks for bringing up suggestions and I’ll stop being so lazy and get to making them!

[quote=“Squirrel-Warrior, post:26, topic:5315”]Hello dear mod arthur.
i have been having problem with your mod.
military commander zombie is dropping error:missingitem. when killed.

Edit:
I have found problem with mod.
u had used “zombie_commander_items” instead of “commander_zombie_items” in monster drops.
U should fix this in next release.[/quote]

Thanks for the catch, I’ve already got that fixed. I’ll realease a bug fix when I get home.

So while trying out the mod, I noticed the thugs don’t actually attack you. I stood there for an hour and they never smacked me once.

That’s odd. Was it a specific monster that did it? Or have I removed the thing that makes them…Oh. Oh. Oh. I think I know the problem. Jesus, rookie mistake on my part. I’ll get off my lazy arse and post the update some time today, even if I said I would yesterday.