Draw Your Cataclysms

Forgive my bad skill, but anyway I decided to draw my Windwhistler out of my post-college-application-but-still-stuck-in-mandatory-SAT-prep-classes boredom.
Or, it was just “a giant deathmobile that generally resembled my very first head-design of the AMCV”. You can see the hinged structure and the wind generator, which are both not in the game (and I wanted both badly)

1 Like

[quote=“Peregrin-E, post:4281, topic:441”]

Forgive my bad skill, but anyway I decided to draw my Windwhistler out of my post-college-application-but-still-stuck-in-mandatory-SAT-prep-classes boredom.
Or, it was just “a giant deathmobile that generally resembled my very first head-design of the AMCV”. You can see the hinged structure and the wind generator, which are both not in the game (and I wanted both badly)[/quote]
This looks super fucking badass!

However I bet the repair and maintenance must take hours to fully replenish right?
I had a light tank and it took me almost 3 weeks to restore everything, and it wasn’t even fully damaged!

Definitely going for a humvee next time.

duct taped flashlights as headlights, so true

Bad skill? Dude this is so detail-oriented, it’s dense with little goodies (like those headlights haha!) and I love it. Are those portal-style mounted turrets?

Man, I may have confident pencil strokes on paper but I wouldn’t think to include half these little design features. Awesome work.

All that’s missing is a swastika.

Actually, it looks to me like they’re regular turrets with a stripped down portal turret (which the basic turrets in cataclysm are supposed to resemble) bolted on top to provide computing and targeting. This is completely in line with one of the recipes for a turret fire control system in blazemod. Awesome attention to detail!

Ive done it before, and im sure others have as well, forgetting to take of a blanket that was used to keep warm overnight and going out while still wearing it

I would love to see someone draw this

Just a quick mockup i did today, imagining what side-view CDDA would be like.

And a little cross-reference to Zomboid http://coub.com/view/fkafn =)

4 Likes

Holy shit.

Vertibirdo, why must you rend my heart with glimpses of such beauty that may never be?!

Truly amazing work.

10/10 vertibirdo!

I’m sorry…

Thank you!

Hooooly shit that sprite GIF. That is super cool!

First time poster in this thread. I drew this years ago, but never got around to sharing. Everything you’re about to witness is inspired by true events.

2 Likes

Nice.

Lol, although you forgot to drop a neat little pile of loot at your feet that was theoretically in those pants when they were thrown…

Maybe it was transferred to the backpack in a nanosecond?

Last time that happened to me, my character in full gear managed to accidentally throw her panties instead of a combat knife.

Which layer were they on? Maybe she was portraying a super-hero…

Huh. Reminds me a lot of the Bunker game.

Huh. Reminds me a lot of the Bunker game.[/quote]

Sheltered? Man, if Sheltered looked as good as that, I’d probably still be playing it.