Draw Your Cataclysms

He means the game in development.

http://bunker.game/

This one.

I wish those guys luck. My own project came to an end pretty quickly due to the problems with programmer.

He means the game in development.

http://bunker.game/

This one.

I wish those guys luck. My own project came to an end pretty quickly due to the problems with programmer.[/quote]

I looked at this game and it seems interesting, but no trailers or anything to show actual gameplay, just GIFs.

I donā€™t think that they got too far into development.
Thatā€™s why i wish them luck. I had a techdemo working, but still that didnā€™t keep the project from falling apart =(
Have a look if youā€™re interested =) https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7spPUC98zV0LVdPS3NXSmRhaTg

I donā€™t think that they got too far into development.
Thatā€™s why i wish them luck. I had a techdemo working, but still that didnā€™t keep the project from falling apart =(
Have a look if youā€™re interested =) https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7spPUC98zV0LVdPS3NXSmRhaTg[/quote]

Their tweets are pretty recent, most recent ones being posted at around October 19.
I checked how often they posted, and it was in 7-8 day increments.

Damn, you guys make me wish I could draw Marloss Man Rebornā€™s superhuman shenanigans.

John Candlebury has a thread where you can post your data character and heā€™ll draw it.

Marloss Man is basically a cataclysm legend. Iā€™m pretty sure theflame asked for him to be drawn.

I dont think this has ever happened.

Then you know what you must do! (Marloss Pony?)

I remember someone drawing him, but i donā€™t know where!

I might draw him this weekend. I live on campus at UC, but I go home for the weekends. All my drawing stuff is at home.

I know someone has drawn him, probably multiple someones, and I remember posting in that thread, but people have a different view of him than I do.

I really wish I could draw, I have some funny scenes Iā€™d love to see as an image.

Just go ahead and do it. Being like Xotto or Candlebury ainā€™t needed to post here. Any silly Cata art is good cata art.

edit: Silly me, forgot a ā€˜yā€™

Some of my favourite comics in this thread are done with nothing more than mouse-drawn ms.paint scribbles and bad selection-tool edits of stock images.

Itā€™s all about the storytelling, dude! That and having fun making something.

Iā€™ve heard about Marloss Man here and there but never discovered the story behind the name. Who or what is this legendary being?

Also is there a distinction between Mycus and Marloss?

Marloss Man, the original, wasnā€™t actually named that. He just had a generic name. What made him special was that he spawned next to a military corpse spawn with a 40mm RPG and ammo. Within a few hours walk was a fungal bloom. He applied the first item to the second and obtained a bunch of Marloss berries. Back then food wasnā€™t as common, so free infinite food on a first-day survivor was a godsend. Note that this was before Mycus, Marloss addiction, or any of the other Marloss items.

So using my free infinite food and my spore buddies (which stuck around until killed, unlike now) I cleared out a town, built the Solar Roller II out of a hippie van and a solar car, ground up my skills, got some sweet gear, and became a nomad. Marloss Man eventually became an absolute mutated BUFFS!!ed monstrosity, but he was eventually defeated when his save became incompatible with the new version.

Then followed several unsuccessful characters, and I eventually got bored and went back to Dwarf Fortress.

Eventually I came back and made a character named Marloss Man Reborn, in an effort to relive the glory days. I was extremely conservative and eventually cleared a small town. That town luckily happened to contain a garage and hardware store, and therefore a welding cart and a metal compactor. Living off junk food, I turned all the metal in town into the Solar Roller IV. Marloss Man Reborn became even more of a monster than his predecessor. I stopped at ten BUFFS!! because 80 strength was high enough.

I learned to save edit, and he passed from Delhi into New Delhi and then into Del Aire. Eventually Mycus was introduced and he lost all his weird mutations and became a Mycus. He built new Solar Rollers as he outgrew his old shell. Heā€™s still a monster and yesterday he passed 90,000 kills.

Really, only two things are exceptional about MMR. One, that heā€™s so old. Heā€™s originally from 0.8, I believe. Most of his power comes from being grandfathered in - due to years of nerfs, MMRā€™s like will never be seen again. And two, that Iā€™m so vocal about him. Other people have had even more overpowered characters, but they donā€™t talk about them as much as I do about MMR.

So basically, Iā€™m an egotistical one-trick pony who keeps bragging about this one thing he did years ago and nobody has the heart to tell me to shut up.

But you being vocal about it makes it good.
People want to read a good story, and a story that is bragged about is a story that is heard.
Sometimes, that bragged story is enjoyable and becomes known.

Could you show us his @ screen and inventory?

[quote=ā€œRot, post:4317, topic:441ā€]But you being vocal about it makes it good.
People want to read a good story, and a story that is bragged about is a story that is heard.
Sometimes, that bragged story is enjoyable and becomes known.[/quote]
Aww, thanks.

Heā€™s got a bunch of weird mutations, since turning off mutations via radiation is currently borked, so if youā€™re going to draw him, please ignore those. Plus heā€™s completely covered in clothes, so you wonā€™t be able to see them anyway.

[spoiler]

Thatā€™s my temporary bro Manuel there. I fed him and sheltered him and protected him and he robbed me of every single small, valuable item I had. He doesnā€™t even have any combat skills! Heā€™s going to live until he teaches me bartering 9 and then Iā€™m going into the nearest city.

This is the bare minimum of gear I carry. Iā€™m currently resting outside a mine, repairing my gear and vehicle.

I am very strong.

What do you mean, which bionics do I have? I have them all![/spoiler]

I see you two disable power armor.

So unbalanced.