Draw Your Cataclysms II

Been playing Resident Evil 5 with a buddy recently.

5 Likes

Not gonna lie, I would die for a cataclysm anime/series

4 Likes

Late-game survivors:

(Nah not really its a comission for someone)

15 Likes

And I am here to ruin it with bad art.

16 Likes

ā€“Youā€™ll never become a good artist if you donā€™t practice again and again. Art is one of those things where you can only learn so much; in the end, personal experience is the biggest modifier.
ā€“Iā€™ll be honest, this looks terrible, but then again, werenā€™t we all terrible at first? And of course, some people just donā€™t draw that often, so they never get that much needed experience to actually be good at it.
ā€“I like to kinda half joke that my art is terrible, itā€™s actually pretty decent when I take the time for it. I feel like itā€™s anywhere near as good as I want it, and I know I can do better, but sometimes, those are a nightmare sometimes if you want to actually give them realistic physics.
ā€“Remember that people like me, John Candlebury, and lots of other good artists have been doing art for years. If they said they didnā€™t, I wouldnā€™t believe them.

1 Like

Now thatā€™s hardwork!

DragonBuddy, bad MSPaint doodles donā€™t ruin DYC, they are DYC. Donā€™t let the real art fool you.

2 Likes

Dont be discouraged, we can always do with more stuff!

Plus no one ever started our being good, you can check on my early stuff from the original Draw Your Cataclysms if you dont believe me.

2 Likes

Not a drawing but still something I made.

Summary

Sheā€™s not pretty or all that sharp but she is mine.

3 Likes

What is it? A pipe spear? Iā€™m a bit of an amateur knife/black-smith. Just 5 minutes a go I was grinding a couple of my knives.

Its a crude knife I hammered out of a 6 inch nail. It is also how I learned that a sledge hammer is more useful as an anvil when you donā€™t have a decent substitute.

2 Likes

Bench vices also usually have a small anvil surface on them if you have one of them.

Thats a good start, though it wont hold an edge for long because of the low carbon content of the steel. Stuff I use for knife making is strut coils, leaf springs. Pipe wrench heads, cv axle shafts, old steel tools. Its a lot of fun in my opinion, if you want to go further into it buy your self a cast iron anvil from harbor freight if you live in the USA, they are 50-60 . Its what I started with and it worked well enough. Now I have a 400 farriers anvil and about 500$ worth of grinders, hammers, sanders, and other tools. Iā€™m kind of addicted. Iā€™m been in the process of building a dedicated 12X16 shed so I can get the mess out of my garage and into a dedicated space.

2 Likes

The last thing youā€™ll ever see.download

9 Likes

Iā€™m not sure what Iā€™m seeing other than a moose with something on itā€™s antlers. Care to explain?

Moose have this velvety felt around the antlers for most of the year. I believe during mating season they basically rub the antlers against trees, rocks, or other antlers to remove the felt and get the hard bone or antlers beneath it. To gore and kill other males in competition w/ mates I think.

2 Likes

Ah, I recall learning about that before. I just havenā€™t seen an actual picture of it. Now I gets it.

1 Like

It also looks suspiciously like the gore one might see on a bloodthirsty moose ready for its next victumā€¦I think that was more the intended joke, though they overlap nicely

3 Likes

This guy gets it. Lol yeah, I couldnā€™t find a picture of a rabid moose, so this one worked well enough. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like
3 Likes

XD. NOoooo preetty sure you want to fight me. YOU LOOKED AT MY BABIES WRONG YOU MUST DIE!!!
I WILL NEVER LET YOU LIVE HERE!

truck people: O.o well that escilated quickly.

6 Likes