Create Your Own Melee Weapon

Something like this; http://www.silviculturemagazine.com/articles/winter-2013/ultimate-tree-planting-shovel

Not technically a melee weapon, but… why is this not in the game already?

Also, paddlesaw for when just one chainsaw isn’t enough

That paddlesaw is called a chainsaw lajatang and it’s already in the game.

Holy shit, I never knew. Trying that out immediately.

Though, technically, the paddlesaw is two chainsaws attached to a paddle while the chainsaw lajatang is two chainsaws attached to a quarterstaff. I demand a paddle be added to the game immediately!

Both are quite sci-fi weapons. Much emphasis on the fi part.

Do you realize what game we’re talking about here? Zombies, bionics, laser guns, nuclear mini-bomb launchers, mutations… I don’t think wanting to be able to attach two chainsaws to the ends of a paddle with duct tape is asking for much. It would have much better reach than the chainsaw lajatang so I can see it as a bit of an upgrade.

Besides, I’m not asking for a straight port of the futuristic Lancer from Gears of War into the game, just a gun with a chainsaw attached to it in a similar fashion. Das all I want, fam.

Do you realize what game we’re talking about here? Zombies, bionics, laser guns, nuclear mini-bomb launchers, mutations… I don’t think wanting to be able to attach two chainsaws to the ends of a paddle with duct tape is asking for much. It would have much better reach than the chainsaw lajatang so I can see it as a bit of an upgrade.

Besides, I’m not asking for a straight port of the futuristic Lancer from Gears of War into the game, just a gun with a chainsaw attached to it in a similar fashion. Das all I want, fam.[/quote]
Mininukes are real though.

That would be awesome, though. We need more guns that double as melee weapons and vice versa in the game. And not just the boring as hell bayonet. I’m talking like a quarterstaff with a rifle built into it.

So are paddlesaws. It’s also not infeasible to attach a chainsaw to the front of a gun (I mean, it’s not practical, but it could be done).

Someone could code a underbarrel chainsaw gun mod.

It’d be like a grenade launcher or flamethrower.

Oooooh. I’d love to see a good armored vambrace with a retractable blade inside of it. Think of something between a wrist blade used by the Yautja (Predators of AVP infamy), the arm blade Edward Elric from FMA manifests, and the weapons used by the Drake Fighters from Battle For Wesnoth.

It would essentially combine a retractable, long bladed punch dagger with full metal arm guards. I have no idea if that can be done, but if it could be, it would be phenomenal to encounter as a rare drop or as a top end hybrid fabrication-melee craftable item.

[quote=“CK_Kirbi, post:51, topic:12701”]Oooooh. I’d love to see a good armored vambrace with a retractable blade inside of it. Think of something between a wrist blade used by the Yautja (Predators of AVP infamy), the arm blade Edward Elric from FMA manifests, and the weapons used by the Drake Fighters from Battle For Wesnoth.

It would essentially combine a retractable, long bladed punch dagger with full metal arm guards. I have no idea if that can be done, but if it could be, it would be phenomenal to encounter as a rare drop or as a top end hybrid fabrication-melee craftable item.[/quote]

You mean like this?

or … a bayonet?

[quote=“Neonwarrior, post:52, topic:12701”][quote=“CK_Kirbi, post:51, topic:12701”]Oooooh. I’d love to see a good armored vambrace with a retractable blade inside of it. Think of something between a wrist blade used by the Yautja (Predators of AVP infamy), the arm blade Edward Elric from FMA manifests, and the weapons used by the Drake Fighters from Battle For Wesnoth.

It would essentially combine a retractable, long bladed punch dagger with full metal arm guards. I have no idea if that can be done, but if it could be, it would be phenomenal to encounter as a rare drop or as a top end hybrid fabrication-melee craftable item.[/quote]

You mean like this?

No, I mean like this, but with a single, non jagged blade that is mounted horizontally instead of vertically. Though your blade works great too, as doe the pair of blades from my gif.

And just cuz, here’s the video of the whole process involved in making the blades in the gif. It’s mildly humorous cuz IC shit.

Kinda bulky tho, for that much bulkiness, you might as well replace it with chainsaws… hmm. chainsaw claws. That has potential.

It’s meant to stand in as armor and a carrying mechanism for a retractable blade. I wouldn’t expect it to be slender or light.

It’s too tall tho, it’s what I mean, and it doesn’t even completely retract the claws. You could get something less unwieldy with thinner blades or a horizontal one while still maintaining the protection, or alternatively, embrace the bulkiness and go for chainfist/chainclaws.

Aye. My ideal would be a single blade mounted horizontally in a proper vambrace or gauntlet. The jagged edges are honestly a liability in a fight and the dual blades really don’t accomplish anything that a single blade doesn’t. That image is the best approximation I have for what I’d be looking to forge. Everything else is all Assassin’s Creed inspired these days, and I am not a fan of the underside blade.

All that talk about fancy chainsaws and such and i am thinking about making rock and cooper maces.

circular sawblade thrower counts as melee, right? i mean it’d be wrist mounted.