Create Your Own Melee Weapon

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”~Cave Johnson

Explosive Lemons.
Enough said.

well… there’s also the waterballoons, no clue how it’d realistically work, closest i could think up would be a black hole generator inside of them, when thrown compresses the water enough to create a hydrogen bomb style explosion.

An awl pike that ends in a drill-head

A circular saw cestus

Those crazy coiled swords from india–Urumi

Harpoons, because I want to be able to pull zombie hollows to ME.

Exploding javelins? Bonus points if they explode from regular melee hits or operate under dynamite rules.

Vehicle mounted melee weapons, like a jackhammer turret (Just a pneumatic spear that targets approaching hostiles and stabs like the dickens)

Poisoned/Envenomed weapons?

A hypodermic dagger that you reload with bleach

Steel folding chair that can be activated like a brazier or cot to become furniture

SILLIER IDEAS*****

Turning laser rifles into laser swords

Plutonium powered atomic armaments like nuclear knuckles or a gamma axe

Living weapons cultured from blob, attack on their own at random similarly to mutations

Blunderbuster - A hollow handled hammer that is also a primitive shotgun

Stuff like that actually historically exist. Saw a picture of a mace with a hollow handle that predated firearms… that someone refitted with a single-shot pistol mechanism sometime in the 1600’s ish.

So yeah, that’s not nearly as silly as you think.

Instead of adding a recipe for each weapon, just make a set of weapon mods and a couple of highly configurable weapons. For example:

Modded War Hammer: 4 bashing slots, 2 shaft slots, 1 handle slot.
Modded Scythe: 3 cutting slots, 2 shaft slots, 1 handle slot.
Modded Sword: 2 cutting slots, 1 handle slot.
Modded Caestus: 2 bashing slots, 1 armor slot.
Modded Shield: 1 bashing slot, 3 armor slots.

Bash mods: Shotgun/Flamethrower/Pistol (2), Rocket Launcher (4), Single Shot Shotgun/Flamethrower/Pistol (1), JackHammer (2), Electrified (1), Flaming (1)
Shaft mods: Reach (2), Sniper Rifle (2), LightWeight (1)
Armor mods: Guard (1) add Block1, Sheath (2) add 2L sheath
etc…

As well as more mods for normal guns
Handle mods: Rope (1) add Reach, Revolver (1)
etc…

With maybe 10 moddable weapons and 20 mods, you could create most of the weapons listed in this thread so far, including a wearable shield with a sword sheath, scythe sniper rifle, shotgun gauntlets, bayoneted pistol with a rope attached, rapier with a revolver… might as well throw in elemental bullets for each caliber while we’re at it :). For the sake of balance, each mod should have a drawback (slower swing, weight, lower natural damage, -tohit) and each modded firearm would have lower stats than the item it is based on.

Sniper scythe and shotgun gauntlets? Rapier? Chained bayonet pistols?
Hmm I wonder
Where have I seen these before.

How about explosive-tipped spears?

Sure, you only get to use it once, but if you can put the explosion inside your target… :smiley:

[quote=“Umbral Reaver, post:67, topic:12701”]How about explosive-tipped spears?

Sure, you only get to use it once, but if you can put the explosion inside your target… :D[/quote]

Mother Khador has molded you well.

One staple cyberpunk weapon I’d really like to see is a vibro sword. Basically, take a weapon with the stats of a broad sword or arming sword, give it a battery charge, and give it an on/off mode. When on, the bashing damage it does would vanish and it would gain an equal amount of cutting damage. Additionally, when active, it would drop the chop flag for the slice and messy flags, gain the metal sawing property, and make an appropriate amount of noise.

I think vibro-swords are silent. If you’re going for gameplay balance, then I suggest having it UPS-powered. And have it burn through UPS extremely fast. Considering the rather prototype-y states of many in-game advanced weaponry, it’d make sense that it hasn’t been optimized yet.

UPS would probably be best, yeah, but I’ve never been under the impression that a piece of hardened metal with a reinforced edge that vibrates so fast that it chews through metal will be quiet. I expect the sound would be something like a really high pitched whine, not loud like a chainsaw, but more like a tuning fork.

Vibrating Rocket Powered Spiked Electrified Flaming Sledgehammer. Diamond coating.
Mass: 30kg.
Damage :smiley:
ToHit D:

Not sure if suggested yet but

Nuclear Spears
Javelin that are tipped with plutonium and upon penetration of skin can mutate targets into more advanced versions of themselves (i.e. zed into irradiated zed types, NPC’s into irradiated wanderers) which would have no practical use other than to improve zed for pheromone treatment.

Tossing this in here because I made it the other day…

{
“type”:“GENERIC”,
“id”: “kubotan”,
“symbol” : “|”,
“color”: “dark_gray”,
“name”: “spiked kubotan”,
“name_plural”: “spiked kubotans”,
“description”: “A thin pointed metal spike made to be held in the fist with two smaller spikes protruding from the fingers. It is very durable and damaging when used to enhance melee strikes.”,
“material”: “steel”,
“price”: 10000,
“volume”: 0,
“weight”: 90,
“to_hit”: 3,
“bashing”: 12,
“cutting”: 2,
“flags” : [“UNARMED_WEAPON”, “DURABLE_MELEE”]
}

Maybe a little OP, but I start out a few of my custom professions with it and it helps a lot in the early game! Especially day 1 before you find a real melee weapon.

I personally want more brass knuckle or fist weapon variants. Maybe spiked knuckles or special fist weapons?

Unarmed is unarmed, but it’d be nice for me to have some variation in weapon choice.

You should check out the power fist that I made, up earlier in the thread. One of the best mid-game weapons, especially for unarmed-based survivors.

made a karambit. the previous month. Formatted my phone its gone now though.