Contributor badges

Just a teensy feature I enabled, the forums will now look at the github project, and if it can match your forum account to your guthub account, it will award a badge based on your number of accepted pull requests.

3 Likes

Awesome. The people with actual skills deserve some recognition. I like it.

How does one go about linking their Github account? My preferences seem to only list connecting a Google account.

Looks like it wants to match email adresses to the ones listed in commits

not getting it… now to add forum/ github email debugging to my todo list. \(^v^)/
(cool addition though)

So I used different emails for my github and forum accounts…

I think you can add the other email adress without changing anything else about your account, then it’ll start recognizing your commits.

I’m not sure we can have multiple emails… I am trying to add my anonymous github contributor email, but I can’t, because it seems to want me to remove my confirmed email to do it :frowning:

Hah, it seems you can have multiple emails, but you can’t set them.
It’s evidently a wip feature.

What are the conditions necessary to get the contributor badge? Because I’ve had two pull requests merged, and have my github account linked. And I’ve checked, and the email is the same with all accounts. Is there a configuration that I am missing or something? Anyone got any suggestions to figure out what’s missing here?

Ah, I forgot these were a thing. I also have contributed several PRs that got merged. Same e-mail for here and Github. Linked my accounts. No badge for me, though?

Well, I thought I’m the only one without it…

I think mine went thru but I had contributed when I made this account thru the github account
Edit: yup, badge in profile