Coleen's Tileset [UPDATED Sept 8, 2014]

Phew, ok. It’s been a busy week with holidays and company.

Now! The Coleen24 should be properly updated with file structure and all the useful bits.

Thanks for your patience, and yes, this is still being worked on.

Cheers!

Thank you for this, you are a god. I struggle horribly choosing this or RetroDays, for now I think it’s this.

Sorry, dumb question incoming: I didn’t get the meaning of last posts so i just ask “there are more graphics too”?

If you mean more tilesets than this one, yes, there certainly are. Tzu’s, Hodor’s, the RetroDays mentioned above, and so forth.

no, sorry. Ahw, my stupid english… I meant if you had updated this tileset graphic, adding more graphics.
But well, i can just download it and see it by myself, so no problem.

Just want to chime in and say this is a really nice tileset, I like the large size ones because it means I don’t have to wear my glasses at the computer.

Nice, detailed, good colour scheme, and far more complete than the ones that ship with CDDA, excellent work.

Is it normal to not have rain displayed with this pack?

That’s weird, it displays for me and I’m using this pack. Are you using 24 or 32?

I’m using 32, I’ll try 24.

Can’t think of anything else that could be causing it, as soon as I turn tiles off it works. I’ll do a bit of research and come back.

Also getting a bunch of these lines. Perhaps it’s the build I’m using, I’m starting to think it’s not your packs.

Great looking tiles by the way It really captures the moment for me, especially the vehicles.

[quote=“Sirquote, post:69, topic:5455”]I’m using 32, I’ll try 24.

Can’t think of anything else that could be causing it, as soon as I turn tiles off it works. I’ll do a bit of research and come back.

Also getting a bunch of these lines. Perhaps it’s the build I’m using, I’m starting to think it’s not your packs.

Great looking tiles by the way It really captures the moment for me, especially the vehicles.[/quote]
That is so strange, I’ve never run across that sort of issue. It probably would be a result of the build you are using not working properly, maybe try downloading it again or downloading the newest build and try again

Aside from that im not sure what you can do to fix that.

Updated to latest and tied again. 32 and 24 work flawlessly.

It was horrible running around noticing that I was getting random ailments out of nowhere, all because I didn’t see that it was raining. Acid rain made me realize what was happening pretty damn fast, haha.

[quote=“Sirquote, post:69, topic:5455”]I’m using 32, I’ll try 24.

Also getting a bunch oif these lines. Perhaps it’s the build I’m using, I’m starting to think it’s not your packs.

Great looking tiles by the way It really captures the moment for me, especially the vehicles.[/quote]

this lines also shows to me if you turn the “Software rendering” to True

I only use latest experimentals and the rain animation is not showing at current build im using (1417)

I believe that animations (rain, bullet pathing, etc.) are broken in the experimental at the moment after the upgrade to SDL2. This will almost certainly be fixed before the next stable release.

I haven’t confirmed that this is still an issue, but it certainly was a week or two ago.

DL the latest version 1446 there is animation now…

Still working on this - I expect to release another set of tile additions by the end of the week.

Cheers!

[quote=“Coleen, post:75, topic:5455”]Still working on this - I expect to release another set of tile additions by the end of the week.

Cheers![/quote]

Good job!

Does anyone else have a problem with using this tile set? Every time i select it in the config of the game it gives me a json error. Is there any way to fix this? or is it just a problem on my end.
Thanks and i hope i can figure this out because it is an awesome tile set.

[quote=“Ginjo, post:77, topic:5455”]Does anyone else have a problem with using this tile set? Every time i select it in the config of the game it gives me a json error. Is there any way to fix this? or is it just a problem on my end.
Thanks and i hope i can figure this out because it is an awesome tile set.[/quote]
You using the stable release or experimental build of Dark Days Ahead?
For the Experimental you need to go in to the tileset.txt file for the tileset, and delete “gfx/” from the JSON and TILESET lines. Leave the rest of the text after and before where it says “gfx/”.
See if that fixes your issue.

[quote=“Gideon, post:78, topic:5455”][quote=“Ginjo, post:77, topic:5455”]Does anyone else have a problem with using this tile set? Every time i select it in the config of the game it gives me a json error. Is there any way to fix this? or is it just a problem on my end.
Thanks and i hope i can figure this out because it is an awesome tile set.[/quote]
You using the stable release or experimental build of Dark Days Ahead?
For the Experimental you need to go in to the tileset.txt file for the tileset, and delete “gfx/” from the JSON and TILESET lines. Leave the rest of the text after and before where it says “gfx/”.
See if that fixes your issue.[/quote]

That worked, Thanks! I had looked earlier and saw one of the paths was missing the gfx/ and i added it to the one missing but i never thought to take them both off lol.
Now i can finally play the game. ^^

Sorry for the delay. Have a couple tiles I’m polishing - should have a release tomorrow after I come home from work.