ChestHole Tileset

I’d suggest you to take a look inside the GFX folder, then into your tileset of choice. There you will find a file called “tiles.png” On there, change anything you want! I’d strongly suggest, as this awesome tileset has paperdoll (the clothes you wear are seen on your character) that the new drawing of the character you want to use should more or less be of the same proportions! If I recall correctly, you should see some more player sprites in tiles.png itself, as i think this tileset changes your looks depending on profession.

Xd forgot what thread I was posting in, for some reason I was thinking it was a general thread. Sorry.

Greetings
I have one or two questions about the Chesthole tileset 24x24 (Standart one).
last picture on the tiles.png is at “fg”: 3944, it is a mon_dilophosaurus. I guess its for the dino mod.
Few Month ago i started to play the pk mod and added its tiles manualy on my own. I started with the next free “fg” picture which is the 3945. And everyting works nice.
Now today to my surprise i found out that chesthole already uses the fg’s above 3944 for many different stuff that do not exist in the tiles.png.
Examples: mon_parasaurolophus (3945), mon_dimorphodon (3946) those would be invisible in game!
And from 4000 till 4051 there are a lot overlays, but those pictures do not exist in the tiles.png.

Now i have the feeling i shouldnt have placed my own pictures on fg:3945 till 4029.

Can someone explain me why there are that many Id’s that point to empty fg’s ??
will i get any problems?

I am working on a huge update to the set, where I add status effects like boomered, drunk, stoned, being on fire, smoking a cig and asleep.

(That’s smoking, asleep, blind, warm, chilly, drunk and stoned.)

Also, I was able to fix the black lines caused by software rendering.

Zenzen2: The jump in tile_config of fgs is because of the oversized tiles. There’s another png called tiles32.png that appends onto the set, and the fgs of tiles32.png start where tiles.png left off.

So my tileset (the new one on my computer) is 384x9000 which contains 6000 tiles. So the fgs from tiles32 start at 6000.

Thanks for letting me know about the dinosaur thing.

Carlosdmc: Yeah, the tileset is being changed in the main game. I don’t see where in the launcher updates the set, though.

Bainin: ChestHole32 (examples above) has a white male character. I might have to change it to totally white people anyways for the status effects to look good though.

Hello Chezzo,

thanks for the fast answer!
If i move my own pictures to fg 4060 and up in the tiles.png (the overlays from tiles32.png go up to 4051) will this work correctly?

PS: the external tanks Id’s changed in core game recently, see in vehicleparts tank.json

If you increase the size of tiles.png, you have to increase the fgs for tiles32.png.

For example, for the tileset I am working on on my computer, I just increased the height from 6000 to 9000, and I had to change the oversized tiles from 4000 to 6000.

Now i got it.
Thanks a lot for your help and for your Amazing work!

Wait, Chezzo, how do you add sprites for states like on fire or sleeping? If you could tell me, I’d be really glad!

Just like mutations or clothes, but write effect instead of wielded or worn or whatever.

Will only be Iso updated or will the 2d ones get some love too? :slight_smile:

Minor bug that I’ve seen. vp_board_ne and vp_hdboard_ne should use fg:2649 not fg:2648 I believe.

Hey Chezzo, how your amazing work is going? :smiley:

Just wanted to point out that for some reason weapons wielded are not showing anymore in ISO mode.

As always, thanks for everything!

I dont know what github is or what a commit does. I followed this link - github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/18350 that was dropped one page back, and could not find a download link nor did I begin to understand what was going on there. Can some one tip me off on how i can find the most recent version of this tile set. Also what version of dda is this set for? Im not a complete noob and have gotten past tilesets working with out to much trouble, but yea, i have no idea what a commit is, and github is a mystery to me. Any links or pointers would be much appreciated. Very much need this tileset in my life.

You can get it in the most recent experimental:

http://dev.narc.ro/cataclysm/jenkins-latest/Windows/Tiles/

Much thanks!

I was wandering in huge Lab playing DDA, and even made the map on a list of paper in rlf. Then I found charcoal, made marker and write some directions on ground. But graffiti is not visible on tiles.
Also, it’s a good idea to mark ground near empty cars without fuel and seatbelts.

Is it possible to implement visible graffiti sign?

Not without someone going in the code and letting me. You are just thinking to put a sign there? I think you can build signs in the * menu pretty cheap, especially because it uses fabrication now.

Yes, just some kind of sign, i could place specific items, like multivitamin or calcium tablet… But it is not cool. We have markers in game, they are easy to use, very compact and weighs almost nothing, sad they are useless.

btw may i say about some issues with tileset?
Weapon “qiang” don’t have any picture when wielded.
And vehicle external tanks 100 and 200L looks like symbol “O”, which is not cool )

I want to thank you all contributors to this tileset - it is awesome. Maybe because of it I still play Cata for years.