ChestHole Tileset

Oh wow, you guys are awesome!

I’m gonna jump back in-game in the next few days, and guess which tileset I’ll be using… :wink:

Chezzo just posting to make sure you got my message and links. As I mentioned in my message, I didn’t see I had one from you until long after you had messaged me.

I also should mention that many of the thing at the beginning of the config file don’t actually exist in game; they are just tiles I had assigned to some Blazemod and More Locations mod items and some items (like ‘metal_stack’) are items I modded in so I could carry around ‘1 bunch of steel chunks’ instead of ‘50 steel chunks’.

Edit: And JazzGuru, thank you for the compliment but it is indeed Chezzo who is the awesome one. All I did was make a few (very few) tiles. And learn a little bit about Gimp in the process.

Boop beep. May wanna update the zombie cop sprites. Slap some ravaged riot gear on them.
Mumble mumble, in line with their description, grumble…

Awesome, yeah I got it Kedryn. I’m working on moving everything over to the new iso set I generated. I sent you the wrong size one, but I got it figured out now.

Omg I love you man, are you planning on making further mod support like Mshocks has or is it staying as cool as it is because I have to say I am not a fan of the 3d but I love your tileset man as it has brought alot of customization to the player and their attire (btw are you making more textures for hats as I am working on doing some texturing in my own time if you need a hand)

[quote=“Slax, post:283, topic:8933”]Boop beep. May wanna update the zombie cop sprites. Slap some ravaged riot gear on them.
Mumble mumble, in line with their description, grumble…[/quote]

Slax: something like this?

And sorry I took so long to reply; have had a friend in the hospital.

That looks quite great!

Since I was in an office building to take a screenshot of my weirdo SWAT cops I decided to take another shot at the ‘glass walls’ and doors. Made from Chezzo’s original glass walls and his windshield vehicle part.

Yea, nay?

Yay! Hooray! Kedryn, this is incredible.

I am in Chicago taking care of the kids while the wife takes care of her sick dad.

But keep posting, I really like what you are putting down. The riot cop is great, but terrain I am so bad at, and can’t “see” like I can items or creatures. And I really like that you fixed it at least in that one set.

I really really WILL put all this in everyone’s iso set. Love it. Thanks.

Sweet! :smiley:

Thanks for the compliments, Chezzo.

For me it’s items and living things that are hard. I think I can do some of the terrain things because I have learned irl a little bit about building (garden beds and fences).

I have some ideas for the walls and a way to make the windows not look so awkward when placed with some of them but I don’t know when I’ll be able to do it as my friend is out of the hospital now and I need to spend some time with him.

[quote=“Kedryn, post:286, topic:8933”][quote=“Slax, post:283, topic:8933”]Boop beep. May wanna update the zombie cop sprites. Slap some ravaged riot gear on them.
Mumble mumble, in line with their description, grumble…[/quote]

Slax: something like this?

And sorry I took so long to reply; have had a friend in the hospital.[/quote]
Very nice. :slight_smile:

Gonna play through and look for stuff like this.

Edit: I’m an idiot or a noob or both. Leaving this post anyway as evidence of my derpness and for anyone else that has ADD (no H) and fixates on things.

I need opinions. Screenshots in spoilers because they’re larger than usual to show what I’m asking about.

So with the diamond shape of isometric you can have short, thick walls and tall, thin walls. The short walls bug me because a door has
to be 11 pixels tall and and like 22 pixels wide to line up with the walls.

The tall walls bug me because when you get walls that are two or more tiles deep (like at the refugee center) instead of being solid wall you end up with what looks like a bunch of tiny, square rooms like in this screenshot of a barn I added a bunch of arbitrary walls to to show what I mean:

I fiddled around with all kinda of various ways to make that not happen and the best I could come up with was to add, umm… ‘things’ to some parts of the walls like in the following screenshot of the same place; it fills the ‘tiny rooms’ up but some of the corners now have ‘filler’ and I see one of my walls is crooked which I’ll fix later:

Anyway, my question is this: Which looks worse? Tiny not-really-rooms or wonky left-right (can’t do top or bottom) corners?

And I guess for fun, these are the walls I was playing with for the barn before I decided they were too ‘barn-specific’ or too ugly.

And one funny screenshot; yes, I use virtual boards to construct virtual things; mostly because remembering angles is hard:

Hmmm, tough. One does help with the “tiny rooms” issue but it looks weird in normal corners. I guess people are kind of used to the tiny rooms thing and just accept it? Even if it’s kind of immersion breaking if you realize about them.

Ah, I see something else I’m doing wrong that I would have understood if I’d only looked a little more closely at the way Chezzo does things.

Two parallel walls turn into ‘t-connections’ and I’ve been build t-connections as a whole complete ‘t’ instead of just a vertical or horizontal wall. I thought I was making lots more ‘tiny rooms’ than there used to be.

One of the reasons I can’t ‘art’; I try to apply real world logic to it.

Thanks, StopSignal. You’re right, it was a terrible idea.

Hey, it wasn’t terrible! It’s just that those are the limitations we have to work with, for now!
Also, don’t really worry too much: thinking about it, you don’t actually get to see the inside of the walls, unless you have the see through artifact, and that is really hard to get.

Derp. I’ve been using that so long for this that I forgot all about it and how things look without it and that how things look is what’s supposed to be important as opposed to how things actually are. I was trying to make something I shouldn’t be able to see look better by making things we can see look worse.

I’m not even sure why I’m doing these walls; as far as I know Chezzo is perfectly happy with the ones he already has. I think maybe it was supposed to have something to do with making windows fit in most of the walls?

I get fixated on the most pointless things; thanks for breaking me out of this one. :wink:

Edit: Now that I’m done trying to do the ridiculous, I finished these raising metal doors, rustic, rural, wooden walls and some brick walls.

it may sound dumb but… how to activate these cool isometric graphics?

Hahahahaha, don’t worry, it’s not dumb
Make sure you have the “graphical tiles” version of the game! Not the curses one.
First, in the main menu, go to Options.
With TAB, select the graphics tab. (I think it has that name)
Then, scroll down until you see “Tileset”. There, keep choosing until you see "ChestHole iso"
There it is!

Have fun playing!

thanks,with isometric chesthole tileset the game is even more amazing and immersive.