CDDA Game Launcher (Automatic updates and more!)

Many of the mods shown installed on my launcher isn`t available on my in-game mod manager, is it because they were outdated for the current experimental version?

How do I get the launcher to stop replacing my version of PKā€™s Rebalancing that I got from Github every time I update my game?

Actually this I to would like to know I have made my own MOD folder and what I do at the moment is update game delete mod folder downloaded using launcher and then paste me own one back in :slight_smile:

Seeking to slot mods unincluded in this, how do I do that?

I believe there is a link on the mod tab that allows you to leave your mod location. I guess it is all up to Rremy to upload the mod.

My brother attempted to install the files to his desktop. When it did, it randomly deleted various files and shortcuts on his desktop for no reason. Upon my further investigation, all the files have been moved to an unknown location.

Any idea what caused this, or how to get the files back?

Also, quite a while ago i downloaded the latest launcher version, which permanently broke my launcher. I forget what the error said, since i deleted it, and am re-installing it now.

I canā€™t seem to find my very old 0.A saves, I look at the ā€˜previous versionā€™ file and it doesnā€™t show my older saves or pictures.

This only recently happened after I re-downloaded and updated it yesterday. Iā€™m going to be real irritated if I just lost my saves from 2014.

I canā€™t explain what happened in words, but iā€™ll put it up as pictures.

[quote=ā€œlinkfanpc, post:126, topic:11168ā€]My brother attempted to install the files to his desktop. When it did, it randomly deleted various files and shortcuts on his desktop for no reason. Upon my further investigation, all the files have been moved to an unknown location.

Any idea what caused this, or how to get the files back?

Also, quite a while ago i downloaded the latest launcher version, which permanently broke my launcher. I forget what the error said, since i deleted it, and am re-installing it now.[/quote]

Do you know where the unknown location was located?

Hi, just wondering if there are any side effects of launching the game straight from the exe rather than through the launcher.

None.

None.[/quote]
Great

There is no easy way of doing this. The launcher assume that the mods provided by the base game are always better version than what was installed previously which might not be true for some mods like PKā€™s.

I might have to add some way of preserving a mod. We previously had some talks about mod versioning. Maybe we could use that and compare versions too. It is a work in progress.

There is no easy way of doing this. The launcher assume that the mods provided by the base game are always better version than what was installed previously which might not be true for some mods like PKā€™s.

I might have to add some way of preserving a mod. We previously had some talks about mod versioning. Maybe we could use that and compare versions too. It is a work in progress.[/quote]
Iā€™d say pisskop should change identifier of the mod.

Hey, I have a little problem. When I lauch the laucher, it propose to me an update for the 1.3.10. I click on the button, the laucher download the latest version and then, a cmd appearā€¦ And thatā€™s it.

Do you have any idea ?

Bug that had a long while ago, not sure if it got fixed yet, but itā€™s kinda hard for me to replicate.
Basically, if your ISPā€™s internet isnā€™t functional (not payed for the month, etc) all web browsing attempts lead to a walled garden.
Not an issue, normally, but this can cause issues for offline play, as the launcher does not seem to have proper error handling for when it inadvertently tries to read the walled garden page that the ISP feeds it.
Workaround is to disconnect the computer itself from the network in question before running the launcher.
Best way to solve it, launcher wise, would probably to have an ā€œoffline modeā€ on the launcher, to prevent it from accessing the internet when not needed, as well as providing error handling for when the urls it tries to load gives unexpected outputs.

Is it just me or are a lot of the mods listed on the mod tab out of date. Most of them seem to go threads that havenā€™t been updated in a year+.

I was using the CDDA Game Launcher and I accidentally clicked the ā€œRestore Previous Versionā€ button. >_<

When I launched the game all my current save data was gone. O_O

It was several weeks worth of gameplay is there anyway to get it back? T_T

[quote=ā€œrremyroy, post:1, topic:11168ā€]I think the launcher just deleted my files. What can I do?

The launcher goes to great lengths not to delete any file that could be important to you. Whenever it deletes files that could be important, it will prompt a confirmation from you. When doing an update or installing the game, it will move all files from the selected directory into the [tt]previous_version[/tt] directory inside your game directory (unless you selected one of the settings to prevent that which is not the default behavior). When restoring the previous version, it will move all files from the selected directory into a temporary directory, it will move the previous version files into the selected directory and it will move the temporary files into the [tt]previous_version[/tt] directory. This means that restoring your previous version twice should bring you back exactly where you were.[/quote]
Iā€™ve tried pressing the ā€œRestore Previous Versionā€ button again but it does not appear to bring back the saved game I was playing.

I think Iā€™ve figured out my mistake.

After clicking ā€œRestore Previous Versionā€ I also clicked ā€œUpdate Gameā€ to bring the version of the game back up to the more recent release version.

The CDDA Game Launcher then replaced the game files and also the saved games being stored in the ā€œPrevious Versionā€ directory with the ones that existed prior to the update.

Thus I permanently replaced my more current saved games with the older ones from the last time Iā€™d updated CDDA.

Although it is frustrating I donā€™t think there is anything to be done about it except to start a new world and explore. :slight_smile:

can we get a confirmation on the restore previous version button, or move it away from launch game? i keep on clicking it by accident

I canā€™t update from 6736 to 6743. The launcher says the game is already up to dateā€¦