CDDA Game Launcher (Automatic updates and more!)

Download here

This is a Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead game launcher for Windows only. It initially includes an automatic game updating process that will preserve your configs, save games, templates, memorials, custom tilesets, custom soundpacks and custom mods across versions. It preserves your previous version and it can also easily restore it. There are many more planned features.

Implemented features

[ul][li]Launching the game[/li]
[li]Detecting the game version and build number[/li]
[li]Retreiving the available update builds[/li]
[li]Automatically updating the game while preserving the user modifications[/li]
[li]Soundpack manager[/li]
[li]Mod manager[/li]
[li]Save backups with automatic backups[/li][/ul]

What does it look like?

Where is my previous version?

Is it stored in the [tt]previous_version[/tt] directory inside your game directory.

I think the launcher just deleted my files. What can I do?

The launcher goes to great lengths not to delete any file that could be important to you. Whenever it deletes files that could be important, it will prompt a confirmation from you. When doing an update or installing the game, it will move all files from the selected directory into the [tt]previous_version[/tt] directory inside your game directory (unless you selected one of the settings to prevent that which is not the default behavior). When restoring the previous version, it will move all files from the selected directory into a temporary directory, it will move the previous version files into the selected directory and it will move the temporary files into the [tt]previous_version[/tt] directory. This means that restoring your previous version twice should bring you back exactly where you were.

It does not work? Can you help me?

Submit your issues on Github. Try to report bugs effectively.

How do I update to a new version of the game launcher?

Download the new release and use that executable instead. Alternatively, the later versions of the launcher include a self-update process which will overwrite the executable with the latest version.

Will you make a Linux or Mac OS X version?

Most likely not. The Linux official builds are known for being difficult to run on various distributions and most Linux players compile their own game. There are now official Mac OS X experimental builds. I might do a Mac OS X version if there is a demand for it. Follow this issue for news about a potential Mac OS X version.

I would like to thank you for this software.

Every thanks message is appreciated. You can also buy me a beer by donating bitcoins to 15SxanjS9CELTqVRCeEKgzFKYCCvSDLdsZ .

2 Likes

Huh, this seems neat. I am going to give it a try.

"will preserve your configs, save games, templates, memorials, custom tilesets, custom soundpacks and custom mods across versions. It preserves your previous version and it can also easily restore it."
Yes. [spoiler][img]http://i.imgur.com/6y6SytM.png[/img][/spoiler]

[quote=“Etherdreamer, post:3, topic:11168”]

“will preserve your configs, save games, templates, memorials, custom tilesets, custom soundpacks and custom mods across versions. It preserves your previous version and it can also easily restore it.”

Yes.

I can confirm that is works, made my life easier.

This is awesome, gonna try this tomorrow. I’ve really got to start an application section on the mods list or maybe a new tag…this deserves its own section.

Nicely done :slight_smile:
Edit: corrected a word. Swype is more trouble than its worth sometimes. Sleep eludes me./

Is normal it open an promt and stay there doing nothing?

You have to select the directory. It is done by the top. Then execute the game.

Yes I do it. Still it stays in promt unless and write cataclysm-tiles.exe (enter)

Is the .exe in the folder in the directory chosen?

Nice! I am testing it now.
It would be nice if you can check what features have been added to the game before you download the version.

[quote=“RoboViking, post:10, topic:11168”]Nice! I am testing it now.
It would be nice if you can check what features have been added to the game before you download the version.[/quote]

You can just go to github and check there.

Emm… I not that hurr durr obviously is there.

Just had to get the obvious out of the way.
Hmm, can you provide a screen shot?

Open.

Launch

It stays there forever. UNLESs I type cataclysm-tiles.exe (enter)

It seems the program does not make the command prompt execute the program automatically for what ever reason… Try running the program with admin permissions.

Already did it, same result.

Try messing with the options on the buttons. Or move the game to another folder and change the directory to there.

Actually The folder was first with other name (the name when you unzip the game), the launcher was first in other folder I have separated for dump the mods and other versions of the game. So I tested that already, same result. With admin perm etc.

I tried it, works great for me. Hope you figure it out. Thanks OP!

Any non-English characters in folder or user name, maybe?

As for me, it works like a charm!