CDDA Game Launcher (Automatic updates and more!)

Yep, I don’t know. Maybe I should get a noscript I’m going to download it.

I have an other problem… I can’t launch the program. When I launch it, a little box appears on my screen named Fatal error. There is a tex in the box and the text is : “lauch returned -1”.

Can you help me ?

P.S.: i have a Windows xp

I get that on my laptop, I gave up on figuring it out. Maybe remyroy has an idea?

At starting:
“Operation did not complete successfully because the file has a virus or potentially unwanted software”

I don’t think it has any virus, but it is still weird. Any idea why that happens?

Sorry the the delay guys. I’m far away from where I normally am.

If you have trouble downloading or launching the launcher, try disabling your anti-virus/anti-malware software or adding the launcher executable on your whitelist. That is the most likely cause of the problems you are having. Many free/low quality product might detect it as a problematic executable and block it. That is a false positive. If you do not trust my built release, you should build the executable from the source or run it with Python. If you are familiar with Python it should be easy but I’ll try to provide a building guide eventually.

I have many good theories as to why those low quality products detect the launcher as a problematic executable but that might have to wait for the next message.

[quote=“StopSignal, post:63, topic:11168”]At starting:
“Operation did not complete successfully because the file has a virus or potentially unwanted software”

I don’t think it has any virus, but it is still weird. Any idea why that happens?[/quote]

author probaly used something in code what look suspicious for AV software, i have problems like this with my own programs when i use system(“pause”);

some AV are paranoid and give a lot of false positives

Better safe than sorry i guess! Anyways, the program works wonderfully, it’s great!

Just downloaded this earlier today. Took me a little while to get it worked out with wineskin so I could have it on Mac. Now I have a launcher launching launcher. That’s a bit of a new one for me.

Your launcher was mentioned today in SilverDragonLord’s Youtube LetsPlay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzD-jNq0qfg

He really likes it :slight_smile: Great work on the launcher remyroy, it’s made updating so much easier.

It realy is awesome

Before i would have to redo my mod selection when i update but this keeps my default set and every thing.

Awesome work mate

Looking forward to what else u add to this great tool

[quote=“Malkeus, post:68, topic:11168”]Your launcher was mentioned today in SilverDragonLord’s Youtube LetsPlay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzD-jNq0qfg

He really likes it :slight_smile: Great work on the launcher remyroy, it’s made updating so much easier.[/quote]

I’ll check it out :slight_smile:

A new version is out with a Mods manager. You might need to manually update your launcher since it seems there was a bug with the updated version detection.

Holy crap mod support gonna test this beauty out thank you so much

I just use the launchers update itself feature and now the launcher does not work. It says that it is not a valid win32 application.

I’ve been having a bit a problem with the self updater the last two versions (.9&.9.1). I get notified, have it update and reboot, but not actually update the exe.

Just me?

[quote=“Fallingferret, post:74, topic:11168”]I’ve been having a bit a problem with the self updater the last two versions (.9&.9.1). I get notified, have it update and reboot, but not actually update the exe.

Just me?[/quote]
I have had a problem with it saying it is not a valid win32 application but I feel this has to do with access control settings.

The self-update process is not always working properly. I’ve created an issue about it if you want follow the resolution.

I wasn’t having any trouble with the launchers self update until this new build that was supposed to fix the bug with the self update.

Now it won’t self update. I tell it to update and it downloads the update, reboots, and tells me I need to update.

[quote=“proxiehunter, post:77, topic:11168”]I wasn’t having any trouble with the launchers self update until this new build that was supposed to fix the bug with the self update.

Now it won’t self update. I tell it to update and it downloads the update, reboots, and tells me I need to update.[/quote]

It should be fixed with 0.9.4 but only when that version will self-update. So, the next time I release a version, it should be fine.

Careful, whichever directory is set to host the output files gets wiped, as in anything that was in that folder gets deleted and replaced.
This is obviously unintentional but I couldn’t imagine the horror if I had set the output directory to my Desktop…

Woot. I can finally get Launcher to run nicely inside my wrapper. Apparently removing debug fixed somehow. YAY. Still can’t launch from launcher, but it makes DL’s easier.