CDDA Game Launcher (Automatic updates and more!)

That feels kinda bad or cheaty. If you want to avoid evolved monster, you should adjust your evolution scale option. The map should be big enough for plenty of fun without having to move your character to a new world. Starting a new character should be fun enough that you shouldn’t have to move your character from an old world. There are plenty of way to start with an overpowered character with the debug menu or the initial points you can give yourself.

To[quote=“rremyroy, post:41, topic:11168”][quote=“Etherdreamer, post:36, topic:11168”]The tool is improving a lot, thanks for share it with us. But there is a more safe way to migrate the character with all his stats / knowledge (and maybe one vehicle) to a new world without breaking something?[/quote]

That feels kinda bad or cheaty. If you want to avoid evolved monster, you should adjust your evolution scale option. The map should be big enough for plenty of fun without having to move your character to a new world. Starting a new character should be fun enough that you shouldn’t have to move your character from an old world. There are plenty of way to start with an overpowered character with the debug menu or the initial points you can give yourself.[/quote]
Dang dude, he just asked a question. No need to get preachy.

Backup for saves is a planned feature for the launcher.

I was going to ask if that’d be possible (I keep a manual backup in case my computer crashes), and you’ve already thought of that!

The launcher now includes a soundpacks manager. If you know a soundpack that should be included, let me know.

why in the world is this fine piece of software left in the gameplay, tactics, and general discussion area, which this isnt? its not gameplay. tactics , or general discussion, shouldnt it be in the lab section of the forums?

This is cool :slight_smile:

A few questions :slight_smile:

I use the latest x32 tileset from Chezza whice is not PR`ed yet so I have to extract it into the GFX folder every time I get a new version does this overwrite all that I also use chezz sound set which I also need to extract.

Basically do I still need to update manually extracted files with this tool? :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance

today my antivirus say you launcher as a malware…

It should keep any custom tileset if the name is different from one of the ones provided by the base game in the update process. You can edit the [tt]tileset.txt[/tt] file in the tileset directory to make sure the name is unique.

This has been reported previously by another user. Like I mentioned on that comment, you can always build the compiled executable from the source and check the source yourself if you do not trust the built release.

Awesome work thank you so much.

just tryed it out and yep it keeps my mods etc but will need to change the tileset name so it dont overwrite it.

Any way this tool is so cool thank you

[quote=“stk2008, post:49, topic:11168”]Awesome work thank you so much.

just tryed it out and yep it keeps my mods etc but will need to change the tileset name so it dont overwrite it.

Any way this tool is so cool thank you[/quote]

The directory name should be different as well. In details, here is what the launcher does:

[ul][li]It moves everything in the preview_version subdirectory[/li]
[li]It extracts the new build in the game directory[/li]
[li]It checks every tilesets in the gfx subdirectory from the previous_version[/li]
[li]It will only copy a previous tileset from the gfx subdirectory from the previous_version if the name is not already part of the new build and if there is not already a directory with the same name in new build[/li][/ul]

:slight_smile: awesome thanks for this.

It should keep any custom tileset if the name is different from one of the ones provided by the base game in the update process. You can edit the [tt]tileset.txt[/tt] file in the tileset directory to make sure the name is unique.

This has been reported previously by another user. Like I mentioned on that comment, you can always build the compiled executable from the source and check the source yourself if you do not trust the built release.[/quote]

i trust you and you launcher…

Awesome, thanks a lot for creating this! Finally I dont have to manually update everytime a new experimental version shows up!

I can’t download it, I don’t know what… Somebody have an idea ?

You really need to give SOME information along with the statement that you can’t download it. I can assure you that, barring telepathy or remote viewing or time machines, no one has an idea…

haha, yeah… Ok, so I give informations…

number 1, the only one (I’m not the only one) : I launch my download, ok, everything is well. But at the end of the download, firefox say “échec” or “failure” (I’m french).

You can download from github but it fails at the end? I don’t use Firefox, but when something similar happens in chrome, it’s typically malware protection stopping it based on the low number of prior downloads. It’s a safe diagnosis I can assure you, but due to its relatively small target group and age (very new file) it gets flagged as unsafe by some programs.

I can’t say for certain if that is your issue without an error message though.

You could try downloading one of the older versions which still is capable of updating the launcher and are if you have any luck that way. Bon chance!

Thanks for your help. Finnaly, I turned down Avast and now I can download the files. rhaa, Avast = shit :slight_smile:

Pffft all AVG software is shit.

They all fuck up your downloads
They all slow your pc to a 20 year old pc
They all eat resources (suppose this was the same as last one tbh)
And…well there aint another reason because the last lot was so damn good.

Glad you got it worked out. I run a scan with bitdefender every few days. Really, the best thing you can do for yourself is get an adblocker and a noscript analogue for your browser. Those will prevent most risky clicks from every appearing on your screen.