CDDA Game Launcher (Automatic updates and more!)

Nope, no special characters, no “Ñ”, check screens, all are in english and there is no weird folder names or Alien-scaly-fuzzy-martian-hard-trash-emo-grindcore, trihop, funk style structure.

Edit: At last find it out. It don´t allow spaces in the folder names…
So have Cataclysm Dark Days Ahead, changing it to CataclysmDarkDaysAhead that fix it.
That should be added in the op.

Wow now this is neat :slight_smile: gonna try this out later once ive reformat and installed win 10 :slight_smile:

Thanks OP

O.o OH! Ima try and be the first to try this wineskined over for mac users :smiley:

(btw heads up prepare for headaches galore or simple “it works”) Only thing that has given me any trouble wineskined so far is steam. Which means I can’t play any of the Windows games I own. :frowning:

I am interested to see how this will work. Might even do that sometime today… or in 2 years. Whenever it happens.

I’ve just released version 0.2 which should fix this problem.

The launcher seems to hang on restoring previous config…

And it broke my old save… Oh well, he was op anyway.

it works! no errors so far

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:25, topic:11168”]The launcher seems to hang on restoring previous config…

And it broke my old save… Oh well, he was op anyway.[/quote]

This is one of the known issue so far. You probably have large save files that take times to copy. I will be working on finding a good solution for this eventually.

When you put the launcher in the same dir as the game then it craps out when you update the game.
When I changed that then it has worked as a charm so far.
Thanks

[quote=“RoboViking, post:28, topic:11168”]When you put the launcher in the same dir as the game then it craps out when you update the game.
When I changed that then it has worked as a charm so far.
Thanks[/quote]

Noted. You should be able to keep the launcher in the game directory. That will be added in an upcoming release.

Does the launcher update its self?

The updateception is not completed yet.

Yo dawg, I heard you like updates! So I got you an update to update your updates while you update!

glorious XD

I’ve added support for having the launcher in the same directory as your game. It will not be moved or copied away. It is in the last release.

I love it :slight_smile:

edit: Works great!

The tool is improving a lot, thanks for share it with us. But there is a more safe way to migrate the character with all his stats / knowledge (and maybe one vehicle) to a new world without breaking something?

It’s a bit of a pain…but I just delete the #Q files that don’t end in .sav from the save directory. Then I find the map tiles that have been most recently modified by looking at the timestamps (not of the directories, of the files themselves) and delete everything else. That usually leaves me sitting at my base with all my things, but the world outside the immediate area is completely different.
Back up your save first, ymmv, I am not responsible for damage to you files or your dog dying because of attempting this…

I just kinda skimmed. Sorry if this has already been asked. Does it update itself too? :stuck_out_tongue:
Really awesome idea, btw.
I’d suggest instead of just making a backup folder that you actually backup the entire thing to an archive file or some such. I usually was doing it manually with winrar.

[quote=“Miloch, post:38, topic:11168”]I just kinda skimmed. Sorry if this has already been asked. Does it update itself too? :stuck_out_tongue:
Really awesome idea, btw.
I’d suggest instead of just making a backup folder that you actually backup the entire thing to an archive file or some such. I usually was doing it manually with winrar.[/quote]

In a future update, yeah.

It’s slower to make a compressed backup of the whole game directory than just moving it in a sub directory. It also slow down the restore process. Backup for saves is a planned feature for the launcher.