CDDA Game Launcher (Automatic updates and more!)

The launcher won’t update without player knowledge/intervention. You can select whether it checks for available updates on launch. There is a checkbox in the settings tab to turn that option on/off. You may have selected to NOT check for updates automatically and forgotten.

Yeah im pretty computer savy and I did have it checked to automatically check for updates on launch… Also i tried to manually have it check for updates which also did nothing. .however after redownloading i believe thay my launcher version was kind of old. Given that the updated zipped version was quite different to the totally contained exe that i had previously.

Appreciate your input though. Love your content vorm!

“If you like the CDDA Game Launcher, consider supporting the development by donating a few bitcoins”
I’m not sure what you mean by a few, I guess more than a couple (2) but less than several (5+?)… in my local currency (GBP) that’s over £15,000 ($20,000). I don’t have that kinda money

Not funny. Bitcoins are not atomic.

I suppose you could have said “a few satoshis of a bitcoin.” :nerd_face:

So I just tried to install the launcher and Windows Defender told me explicitly that there was a trojan. This seems a bit more than just windows thinking a file is suspicious.

ok so i’ve been having this problem with the latest launchers where every time i try to open the launcher
it says something along the lines of “failed to execute script launcher” and from what i can see a few others are having similar problems.

Version 1.4.2 works just fine for me. Consider downgrading?

ya i’m using 1.4.4 right now and its fine i just wanted to make the issue known.

This is most likely a duplicate of https://github.com/remyroy/CDDA-Game-Launcher/issues/429 . We are working on it.

1 Like

From the launcher FAQ:

Poor antivirus products are known to detect the launcher as a threat and block its execution or delete the launcher. A simple workaround is to add the launcher binary in your antivirus whitelist or select the action to trust this binary when detected.

If you are paranoid, you can always inspect the source code yourself and build the launcher from the source code. You are still likely to get false positives. There is little productive efforts we can do as software developers with these. We have a nice building guide for those who want to build the launcher from the source code.

1 Like

As mentionned in several places, issues for the launcher should be reported on github at https://github.com/remyroy/CDDA-Game-Launcher/issues

Ohh i don’t have a github account and thought i should just post that here sorry about that.

i will post any concerns on github in the future.

seems the most recent launcher has a Trojan virus in it. my compter detected one and stopped the download.
edit ignore this

1 Like

can someone tell me how to do that fix for anti virus system I have zero clue what its talking about on the FAQ

all your images are broken

Try uninstalling failed AV and using another one, or add launcher executable to whitelist.

CDDA Game Launcher version: 1.4.8

Type: <class ‘ValueError’>

Value: Humanization of the ‘weeks’ granularity is not currently translated in the ‘it’ locale. Please consider making a contribution to this locale.

Traceback:

File “C:\Users\Rémy Roy\Projects\CDDA-Game-Launcher\cddagl\ui\views\main.py”, line 774, in timeout

File “c:\users\rémy roy\virtualenvs\cddagl37\lib\site-packages\arrow\arrow.py”, line 1056, in humanize

anyone can help me and others with the same issue?

At this day many people have the same error and can’t use the launcher, we tried everything

This issue has been reported on https://github.com/remyroy/CDDA-Game-Launcher/issues/438 already.

1 Like