CataTweaks [ 2014-12-19 ]

So I click on the CIM link in the first post and I get to the Git page for the CIM stuff. I press “Download ZIP” (The one with the cloud sign on it) and it downloads. When I open it there’s just a thing named “cataclysm-launcher”, but the file type is “file”.

Oh, links in first post are to the source code for people who wants to compile the game themselves. If you want to download already compiled game, there is link few posts up.

Here - CDDA_CataTweaksCIM - link is in the first post

Edit: I updated the fist post to be more clear and added the link to compiled game on it’s end.

Branches on Git and download of game are updated to current experimental version. Yay 0.B

Ah… Thanks.

Branches on Git and download of game are updated to current experimental version.

Ok I figured out how to stuff things in a sack, how do I stuff things in my pockets/clothing? Is that possible yet?

Why isn’t this being mainlined?

Git discussion.

Apparently this is limited to AIM and requires manually handling every item you want to put in a specific container, so that’s a bit too micromanage-y for mainline.

Single gloves/shoes/arm/leg pads aren’t an option for the same reason: we don’t have the UI to make them a non-chore.

Right. Discussion.

Ok I figured out how to stuff things in a sack, how do I stuff things in my pockets/clothing? Is that possible yet?

It is not, for this to work, there are other changes in code that needs to be done fist. I am waiting on these changes, but it is possible I will do the infrastructure myself if it takes too long.

Why isn't this being mainlined?

KA101 already posted link to the Git discussion.

To got CIM into mainline, I would have to fist make mentioned infrastructure, which is task in itself - Kevin himself said he is not looking forward to it, then I would need to make container from everything that is worn, i.e. no general inventory space, only containers (and I don’t agree with that, because that would really be too micromanage-y) and make some clever system to automatically select container for picked items, with user override. Such system would IMO be either annoying as hell for user, who would have to constantly battle the game where to put what, or very complicated to implement. And of course there is no guarantee that even if I do such monumental task, it would be deemed acceptable.

From my point of view:
Me: Hello, I’d like to add A into mainline
Kev: Sorry, it need to do also B and C
Me: But A really does not depend on B and C…
Kev: Either you do it as I say or it is not going to be accepted
Me: Well, not gonna happen. Good luck.

That is my side, Kevin might have completely different view.

I thought this was an open source project? I mean I understand that PR’s have some sort of thing where main contributors have to vote it in or something like that, but that just seems a bit asinine to me. But that’s just me.

Anyways I like your system. It’s fun to use. I’m going to fill a sack with explosives, throw it in a fire and see what happens now.

It makes sense if you look at it from perspective of copies. Kevin and company have their copy and maintain it as they see fit. It is open source, so I can make my own copy from theirs and make changes on my copy. If I want to change their copy though, I need to have their approval.

Thank you. In case you test does not go KABOOM, let me know.

Merged branch CIM into CataTweaks in preparation for work on HIS (Hybrid Inventory System).
Updated with latest experimental changes.

I don’t like spamming - and bumping my own thread with posts about mere updates with experimental, so I will just change topic name with actual date from now on if that is the only change.

Hybrid Inventory System is done!

Work on it went really fast, because lot of needed functionality was already done in CIM.

I tested it for couple of hours and it works really well - if I may say it myself. Anyway, I would love to have some feedback from you guys. So, if you are interested, check change log in the first post and download.

No doubt, there are some bugs, so please save often.

How does Hybrid Inventory work? Is this far from what Kevin envisioned?

Current Inventory System
Your inventory space equals sum of storage on all your worn items

Hybrid Inventory System
There is general inventory space that equals sum of storage on all your worn items
Wearable items can work as containers with defined inner space area.
They can be both simultaneously, one item can add bit of general inventory space and have internal space.
Details can be found in change log in the first post.

Unified inventory system (name is not official, but Kevin said they are looking for unified system, whatever that means)
No general inventory space what so ever.
Most wearable items will be containers with defined inner space area.
Details can be found in Kevin’s head, no idea if there is some document describing it.

Difference does not seem big, I could just redefine all wearable items in json to have storage = 0 and set them as containers, right?
Problem lies in completely removing general inventory space. If you do that, you have to completely redesign inventory screen, pickup of items and god knows what else.

We don’t care if you repeatedly spam your own mod’s thread. This is where the spamming rule is suspended.

This is fucking awesome. I don’t know what more to say. Please update daily because I’m going to play this instead of experimentals.

Trying this when I get the chance!

Thanks guys!

That’s the plan. Updated.