Survivor Utility Belt

Git!

Introducing a brand new survivor-built utility belt!

It fills in for most non-powered hand tools and also houses a knife sheath.

Have fun making one for yourself in the latest experimental build, but a word of warning: the recipe is rather resource intensive.

Rivet, I love you so much.

Oh my gosh this is like the best thing ever! Rivet quality, b*tch!

Yay, My survivor shall be completed with a glorified fanny pack!

Thx Rivet, you’ve come a long way when it comes to keeping things improved, and balanced too.

You have any idea about implementation nested inventory for items?

[quote=“Reaper, post:6, topic:6993”]You have any idea about implementation nested inventory for items?[/quote]Why would you want that? It’d be more realistic, yes, but it would be such a pain in the ass to actually use. Way too much micromanagement.

I’m more then a simple fan of resolving encumberance with an IS_CARGO flag for items rather than having a Belted Layer workaround. Being that is, the solution already introduced is nothing short of interesting and functional, though the better solution could perhaps function substantially more pragmatic with Categories such as Tools and Tool qualities, Ammo and perhaps a few containers. My thoughts on vests and such are that they shouldn’t be treated as Armor and have any substantial coverage (unless intented explicitly, like some of the better Survivor and other custom solutions) yet they should preserve their Encumberance modifier.

Yes, i think about it too. Maximum interface innovation should be flags “no show in main inventory”, “no autopack items”, inventory screen with items sorted by container and ability to pack items into backpacks. I.e. main items interface is unchanged, but you can pack your tools (for example) in tool belt, drop/pickup it all and hide tools from main inventory window. As result - more inventory screen space. Micromanagement is not bad, if it good implemented.
I see one way:

• switch item pack mode for item container.
  • reduce total amount of volume in player inventory if mode is switched.
  • pack/unpack items and/or make autopack filters/inventory manager.
  • rewrite some methods who checks availability of items.
    As result
  • You can pack all you ammo to utility vest/backpack (for example) and quick drop it for melee without penalty.
  • More common realization and no more narrow specified item containers.

Now you pack weapons/arrows/knives in specified items. I want do common-pack-into-item code.

Good work it remove abstract inventory, pack all items into clothing, check damage when hit etc, but it is hard to code.

Hmm…You can just reload item to pack something and activate or [a]u[/a]nload item you want unload something (+filter for specific items like quiver/boots/…)

And it is not micromanagement. Picking up backpacks with tools/ammo by one item - it is micromanagement

[quote=“Reaper, post:9, topic:6993”]------
Hmm…You can just reload item to pack something and activate or [a]u[/a]nload item you want unload something (+filter for specific items like quiver/boots/…)
------[/quote]
The main problem with ®eloading and (u)nloading is that the loading code only allows one type of item to be loaded at a time, and unloading the object completely empties the object in question.

Basically, what an RPG player is already used to - an Armor screen, an Inventory screen, and a QuickSlot “belt” that makes full use of ©ategories classification and volume/weight restrictions.

The belt would not let me disassemble things that require a hacksaw :frowning:
It was a week since I tried, though.

[quote=“Murphy, post:12, topic:6993”]The belt would not let me disassemble things that require a hacksaw :frowning:
It was a week since I tried, though.[/quote]

Pretty confident Rivet fixed that. Try in latest and let us know if it’s not working.

Alright, im going to be the person who comes along and asks, “how i du tis?”, I got no idea how to install this.
So if someone would be really nice to me, can you point me somewhere where it is explained?

[quote=“gradusNL, post:14, topic:6993”]Alright, im going to be the person who comes along and asks, “how i du tis?”, I got no idea how to install this.
So if someone would be really nice to me, can you point me somewhere where it is explained?[/quote]

You need to download the latest experimental version of Cataclysm, found here (Just pick your OS, choose curses or tiles, then select the bottom-most link)
To craft it in game you need a fabrication of 3.

[quote=“Datanazush, post:15, topic:6993”][quote=“gradusNL, post:14, topic:6993”]Alright, im going to be the person who comes along and asks, “how i du tis?”, I got no idea how to install this.
So if someone would be really nice to me, can you point me somewhere where it is explained?[/quote]

You need to download the latest experimental version of Cataclysm, found here (Just pick your OS, choose curses or tiles, then select the bottom-most link)
To craft it in game you need a fabrication of 3.[/quote]

Thanks, i didn’t know that these mods where included with the latest builds.

Is this experimental fully compatible with my saves from the latest non-experimental version? I’d like to save some inventory space by having this…

I don’t think so, but you could try by downloading the experimental and just copying your saves over to it. That way if it doesn’t work, you still have your regular version to fall back on.

I don’t think so, but you could try by downloading the experimental and just copying your saves over to it. That way if it doesn’t work, you still have your regular version to fall back on.[/quote]

Only problem I’m aware of is if you’re augmented and have power storage. We unified the bionic and non-bionic power systems, but don’t have a savegame conversion, so pre-unification PCs will have old power reserves but be asked for the new (much higher) power costs. So cyborgs get shafted a bit.

Apart from that, they should be compatible.

Well, shit. I am a cyborg. I only installed a couple of power storage implants so far though. I imagine all future implants will be fine?