Hybrid inventory is spiritual successor of my previous modification of inventory system - CataTweaks I made 3 and half years ago.
It consist of 2 main parts.
- It does allow to move items in and from a container, not just liquids as in vanilla.
- Some wearable items, that add inventory space were converted and serve as containers. Mainly backpacks.
These two parts together allows one of the most requested feature, ability to drop backpack (and all items in it) before a fight and picking it after a fight, without hassle of dealing with dropped crap all over the place, to become reality.
There are other possibilities, of course, like
- better organize your loot into different containers
- not only you can drop a backpack on your back before a fight, you can also drop that duffel full of stuff you were wielding and grab a katana instead… or rather wield that katana and drop the duffel in the process
Details how it works can be found in CataTweaks thread, as well as opinions of people who tried it at the time. There are some differences though.
- no extra layer for backpacks
- no balancing of various items
- no labeling (i made a separate PR in the past, that was mainlined)
- no new items
- changed wearables do not split their volume between container space and general inventory space, I went full container space - it is easy to tweak split in the mod json files, and you are encouraged to do so if you play with character that relies on backpacks for general inventrory space, like bikini clad warrior with just backpack would be
- changes to items are stored in separate mod HybridInventory - to keep them separated from original game files
- to play with Hybrid Inventrory, you have to create world with Hybrid Inventory rebalance mod enabled, most of changes in game code check if the mod is enabled and either run original code or new code
is based on experimantal master from 8.5.2019 and can be found on my github fork, branch hcs.
for Windows x64 can be downloaded from my public Google drive folder, zip here.
Quick user manual for Advanced Inventory
- to access worn backpack for pane, press “B”
- to access held container, press “H”
- to access different worn container, like briefcase, press “W” for worn items, select row with container, and press “C” (you can also access you backpack this way, but why would you)
- you can access any container from any pane by selecting its row and press “C”
- you can return to parent of container you are accessing by pressing “BACKSPACE”
- picked up items are now automatically placed into worn backpack / held container, if you don’t have enough space in inventory, order is inventory->backpack->held container
- backpacks no longer gets more encumbrance from content as their base encumbrance already accounts for it
Extra features in compiled game
These are not official part of Hybrid Inventory. Features I either PRed or plan to PR in the future, that I compiled together with HI.
- zone for comestibles with FREEZERBURN flag (food that become mushy after thawing)