Cataclysm++ Mod

It has neither of the flags mention. I simply took advantage of the new artifact effects jsoning and added artifact data to charge in the sun.

Looking at the solar firestarter though, itā€™s just an electric firestarter with solar in the name. It doesnā€™t have the artifact flag so it wonā€™t charge, right?

Like I said, I added the artifact data to charge in the sun, not a flag but artifact data. Tested and confirmed to worked.

Update 14 available for download!

Update 15 finished!

how do I use the survival station after I fold it LOL

Its to heavy to pick up and then activate? :frowning:

Thanks

You have to mount it on a vehicle, it runs off its batteries.

Hello, Iā€™m a bit of a newbie when it comes to Modding the game. When I try using your mod, my game goes a bit haywire, hah. Itā€™s obviously on my end, but I was wondering what I can do to fix this. My screen sayā€™s, " DEBUG: Error loading data from json: data/mods//survivor_mod/TALK_BFF.Json: line 2:5: unrecognized JSON oject, type: ā€œtalk_topicā€, and a few other things.

Iā€™m using one drive. Many thanks!

First, are you using the stable build? It only works in experimental.

Ohā€¦That makes more sense. I believe Iā€™m using a stable build, yeah. Thanks for help!

Iā€™m looking at these ideas and think that quite a few of them would be worth pointing over into the main game. A charcloth item as one example Iā€™d been pondering for More Survival Tools but never bothered attempting, and as soon as you mentioned solar powered gear I started wondering how best to add that in the main game. X3

I might go source diving and see if the code behind installing electronics mods can be adapted to add artifact properties, so the solar power can be implemented as an electronic mod. Failing that, just porting over your ideas for the selection of solar devices would be interesting.

Survival kit in a can would also be interesting. XP

Thank you! Yeah, having a solar powered mod for electronics would be helpful the construction of solar farms and then finding a rechargeable mod would no longer be necessary. (Would still be a better alternative if you have a mobile base.)

The Survival Can idea came from an actual kit I bought once. The idea is to have bare bones survival items and a tin can to boil water in.

Aye, the can seems logical, though can always look at what to pack in it. If it was ported over into More Survival Tools, then folding water bottles could be added, though it might be saner to mainline folding water bottles instead. o3o

I might have to look at how to do that electronic mod idea. One caveat that might hinder it is that solar artifacts donā€™t care if the item is stowed away in your pack, wielded, or worn. Or at least it seems to have no effect.

Well. as long as its in you person and outdoors then charging them should be permissible. As for the folding water bottles, survival kits usually include a large bag for water storage and either water purification tablets or a filter.

Ah right. Too bad the normal plastic bags canā€™t be used to store water in-game. ;w;

Also, hmm. Survival kit in a can goods good, though pondering some ideas related to it.

• 1 Swiss Army Knife (0 vol)
  • 1 Dust Mask (0 vol)
  • 1 Sewing Kit (1 vol)
  • 1 Folded Emergency Blanket (2 vol)
  • 1 Refillable Lighter (0 vol)
  • 5 Long Strings (5 vol)
  • 1 First Aid Kit (0 vol)
  • 1 Water Purification Tablet (0 vol)

Suggestions:

• Might be viable to bump up the kitā€™s volume to 2, since it turns into a 2-volume drinking can.
  • Long strings have volume, and this can cause oddities. Could opt to use short strings instead, but Iā€™m unsure whether or not to use a number of short strings equal to 5 long strings.
  • Folded emergency blanket could work, but replacing it with a folded poncho would allow the total content volume (if the long strings were eliminated) to perfectly match the volume of its container.
  • Could always add a few more water purification tablets. Stack size is 14, so 13 or less avoids volume oddities.

Other volumeless items that might or might not be viable to include:

• Some form of tinder-like item (paper?)
  • Typical amenities like sugar, tea leaves, vitamins, candy/gum, etc
  • Matchbook (possibly replacing lighter)
  • Razor Blade (not practical, razors lack a cutting quality)
  • Duct Tape (less than a full stack of 200)
  • Nails and/or fishhooks

-I agree with the strings,tablets and the folded emergency blanket idea. String reduction to 10 small strings, add 10 water tablets seem good and an added folded poncho seems good.

-The lighter is included so that you can have a constant source of fuel for fire, (matchbooks run out).

-Duct tape and fishing hooks seems like a no brainier, wonder why I did not include them. Is string fishing added in the main game? Is not and its mod doable, I might added it as well.

-I are antibiotics volume less? If they are then I might add them, next choice is bandages.

-The edible should be either tea bag or crackers (crackers priority but must be volume less.)

Thoughts?

Hmm. The only reason I suggested matches was due to that being more common in commercial survival kits/tins, so thatā€™s fine either way. X3

Antibiotics are volume 1 and stack size of 15, so 14 or less should be volumeless. Not sure how many survival kits include antibiotics though. Crackers are more awakward, they have a volume of 3 and a stack size of 8, soā€¦does the math, tests it 1 or 2 would be volumeless, but 3 crackers wouldnā€™t be.

And letā€™s see, you can make a basic fishing rod, but it takes 6 long strings plus a stick, in addition to the fishhook. A stick logically would be easy to procure and not an expected part of a survival tin.

This gives me an idea. Iā€™m tempted to PR a change to make string stackable to an extent, possibly so that they match the volume of short rope (with the caveat that 6 long strings equals 1 short rope).

In any case, the volume numbers can always be fudged a bit if needed. One can assume that they pack those things quite efficiently. XP

I already included a first aid kit (volume 0) so antibiotics will not be necessary. The string and the hooks go as planned. An the rest depends on volume.

Ah, nice.

Hmm, now to ponder string theory. o3o