Mod and a-like List

Hi Everyone,

After running into the issue of not knowing what mods are already out there I decided to make a little list of mods and sorts that are out here.
Before looking at the list to see if your mod is properly in it, please consider that it takes a lot of time to read every topic fully, so if your mod isn’t on this list or improperly portrayed please shout at me in the replies but hold in regard that I can’t read minds nor all the posts out there. As regarding to tilesets, seeing as none are currently working for cataclysm, I left them out for the moment, if you feel like they should be listed here tell me and I’ll get to it.

WARNING: As Cataclysm:DDA changes quite quickly some mods might not be compatible with the current game, if you see something really awesome listed here be aware that it might not be compatible.

[hr]
[hr]

[size=18pt]Data Mods:[/size]
These are mods that only modify the data files, in other words, you don’t have to compile to implement this mod.
[hr]
[hr]

[ITEMS] Guns An’Shit -yeah, now we’re cookin’with gas
Made by Sorenson
What weapons would you like to see in the game?
Made by Keksi
Are there actual files in the whole thread somewhere?

[hr]
[hr]
[size=18pt]Code Mods:[/size]
These are mods that modify source code and thus need another binary or need compiling.
[hr]
[hr]

running mod
Made by Toleraen
[hr]
DinoCataclysm mod
Made by DinoCat
[hr]
Fear And Loathing in The Apocalypse
Made by TheGrifter
[hr]
Cataclysm: Metal Gear Solid
Made by LazyCat
[hr]
ISE (improvising survival excellence)
Made by drake1storm
[hr]
Mass water purification
Made by drake1storm

[hr]
[hr]
[size=18pt]Mainline Mods:[/size]
These are mods that are (completely or in some form) in the main game. Still check these threads out though!
[hr]
[hr]

Cataclysm, classic Zombie Survival. In progress.
Made by Oddzball
[hr]
Shoes’ Temperature mod
Made by Shoes
[hr]
NPC overhaul
Made by Shades
[hr]
Clayton’s Profession Emporium!
Made by Clayton
[hr]
Soda’s professions
Made by sodapop
[hr]
The Future
Made by AerialK7
[hr]
Isy’s Archery Mod
Made by Isylwin
[hr]
Archery Expansion First Version Out
Made by Flare
[hr]
Stones Professions
Made by Stone94 with some help from Zireael
[hr]
Future Weapons Package
Made by Rivet
[hr]
A few recipes I’ve added to my game
Made by darth_servo
[hr]
Shishkebab
Made by Natures Witness and Inquisitor Dust
[hr]
The Great “Install Bionics” Rebalance!
Made by phaethon
[hr]
Warfare Package
Made by Rivet
[hr]
Metalworking Package ~or~ Blacksmithing After the Apocalypse!
Made by Rivet
[hr]
Better Energy Weapons!
Made by swwu
[hr]
So… Martial Arts
Made by swwu
[hr]
New England Victuals Package
Made by Rivet

[hr]
[hr]
[size=18pt]Lore:[/size]
These are lore made by users to make the game more immersive.
[hr]
[hr]

[hr]
[hr]
[size=18pt]Tilesets:[/size]
Tilesets, making your game look nicer since 1977. Some tilesets are left out because they are meant for cataclysm 1.6 and are no longer in development
[hr]
[hr]

Samscale’s Tiles
Made by Samscale1
Is this still in development?
[hr]
Tileset project
Quite different from all other threads, having a more detailed look later.
[hr]
Deonapocalypse tileset (Release 4)
Made by Deon
[hr]
Tileset - 16px Version.
Made by SirHoder
[hr]
minimalistic tileset
Made by Malcolm
[hr]
Jack’s 16x Tileset (Unreleased)
Made by Jack Bread

[hr]
[hr]
[size=18pt]Miscellaneous:[/size]
These are topics that are awesome but don’t really fit a category.
[hr]
[hr]

Android port
Made by utunnels
[hr]
Cataclysm: DDA World Server
Made by Decesus
[hr]
Austupaio’s Potential Buildings
Made by Austupaio
[hr]
Potential Buildings
Made by acidia
Is this included in the main game?
[hr]
3D visualizer
Made by CIB
[hr]
Dreams in Catclysm
Made by kilozombie
[hr]
New Building Ideas
Made by vache
[hr]
CataModder - Tool for editing Cataclysm files (r29 - 0.8 Update)
Made by BMacZero
[hr]
Your very own SQL database
Made by Livingstone
[hr]
NQT Contribution Thread
Made by NQT
It’s in misc because there hasn’t been any code released yet. It is an active thread though so worth watching.

[hr]
[hr]
To do list (more lists!)

Add descriptions about the mods (compatability etc)
Make categories for different kinds of additions
Add most recent main post edit dates for the mods to give an idea for the compatibility

Again, please tell me if something shouldn’t or should be on this list, I’ve not thoroughly read through all mod posts, it seemed better to have a sloppy start than no start at all (knowing myself)

This is a nice list, but a few items don’t really qualify as mods.

Williham presents springs to mind, but Shoes’ Temperature mod is also already integral to the mainline.

Also, Cataclysm: Metal Gear Solid is not presently available; because Vorpal2 was mildly disrespectful towards LazyCat.

Still, it’s a nice list, and one you should take great care in keeping up to date.

Well the intend was to not necessarily create a list of mods but more to create some sort of index from where you could get an overview of what’s here.

As for Williham presents, I’ve was quite confused of whatever it actually was :stuck_out_tongue: (no offense), if you think it’s better of not being on this list tell me.

Also, if someone has a better idea for the current layout, please tell me, the [.list] is bloody annoying.

Sweet, I foresee stickying this sooner or later :). If nobody else beats me to it, that is.

A couple changes I’d suggest:

• Remove the “Williham presents!”, that’s more along the lines of lore for things that have been submitted to mainline, from what I gather.
  • Also remove Shades’ NPC overhaul, that’s entirely being done in mainline now, from what I know.
  • Break this into 3 lists: data mods (maybe compatible with current mainline code), code mods (requires a special binary), and stuff that’s made it into the core game (doesn’t require anything special!). I think I’d list them in that order, but up to you.
  • Pull these into the code mod section: DinoCataclysm, Android port, MGS mod (the download links appear to be public again, btw), running mod.
  • Pull these into the mainlined section: Classic Zombie Survival (a definite, distinct mod), temperature mod (there’s still enough active debate that I think it’s worth listing separately).

Might also be worth noting roughly what version the mods are based on, although that’s probably something that makes sense in the future when things are a bit more mature.

Anyway, thanks for compiling this list :).

Nice, this gives me a todo list for stealing incorporating changes!

Heya,

Thanks for the feedback Soron, I’ve implemented your idea of the lists because they are quite neat user-friendly wise.

I’ve also neated up the layout of the whole thing as it was horrible at first.

I’ll add the most recent edit date tomorrow hopefully, after that I’ll work on making the descriptions for the mods although that could take a while.

-Isy

Soda’s and Clayton’s professions are included in the experimentals.

I don’t think my professions were included in the experimental, but they definitely don’t deserve to be on the list, either haha. I abandoned the project once I started making things to contribute directly on GitHub.

i think most of these mods are part of the main branch now right?

Yup.

nice list. one change is that metal gear solid should be considered a variant. its completely separate.

IMO it should be removed completly seeing how the author been acting lately. Every single day he tries to make CDDA look bad. He makes new accounts when admins are sleeping so his posts can stay up a few hours. He don’t deserve to have his shit listed on here lol.

Are there any Fallout-or-Wasteland mods exist? I try to find, but pointless.

There should be.

Oh, and… i didn’t knew LazyCat could have made that. It is so… freaking awesome. That mod is really good.
And Tileset Project… well, it is not a tileset, because it was never actually made, but anyone could take the images and make it easily. Really.

please update

I’d say this died quite well.

Really, cataclysm’s core development is so fast that almost any mods get stuck in the dust and left behind.

I think this should be unstickied, as it’s too out of date to be any use to almost anybody, and any real good mods bubble to the top of the subforum right now (most of which are tilesets)