Cataclysm++ Mod

It might be worth it to make an additional faction for half the gladiator NPCs to be on, and have them hostile to each other. Assuming NPCs can infight at all. Last I checked, NPC factions don’t matter at all, unless that has been resolved in the several months since last time I tested this.

I could make two factions, one for the mindless fighters and the ones that actually want to survive the cataclysm.

Either way, if it’s possible to get them fighting each other, you can at least stage a gladiator fight or such.

Making them into two faction would do that, it would be faction 1 vs faction 2 vs the player.

Maybe, assuming you don’t make one of the factions neutral towards the player. Which would be sensible if the player in this scenario gets dumped into the middle of a deathmatch, especially if the match is styled as team versus team.

The definition for hostilities is defined in the npcs themselves but I could make the npcs of one faction neutral towards the player, however this faction’s npcs would also spawn in the “wild” and would also be neutral.

a wild thug appears!

ba bada bah!
bada dabadada da dada bada bada bah badabahdah

So I am thinking of mainlining this mod but two major obstacles are in the way.

1. Fixes (spelling and bugs) and with recent PRs this will get worse.
    2.Format all of the files, the devs want the files to have a consistent styling for files and since this mod is a bunch of copy and pastes with edited content this will take a while too.

Once this is done and if its is accepted then this mod will be included with the game making maintenance and updates to it much easier. You all wouldn’t have to manually download and replace the mod every time there is an update or the mod breaks.

I could point out some of the spelling errors if it helps?

First off, great mod. so many goodies. heads up though, the monomolecular sword works a little too much like the cbm. you can’t unequip it.

You mean the crafted item? It should be able to drop, will look into that. It maybe that you somehow got the mononuclear sword that is the place holder for the cbm.

Nice mod, but how does the solar recharger work?

You walk with it in the sun and batteries appear.

Is this working with the experimental branch? I still get some minor errors, but nothing that causes CTD’s or anything too awful.

Did you put in the majority of the dialogues for NPC’s and what not? It seems like this mod really expands factions, as well.

[quote=“LoneTophat, post:414, topic:10523”]Is this working with the experimental branch? I still get some minor errors, but nothing that causes CTD’s or anything too awful.

Did you put in the majority of the dialogues for NPC’s and what not? It seems like this mod really expands factions, as well.[/quote]

I see no issues with the experimentals but I can test it again. I wrote npc dialoge and factions for this mod, I wish for expanding it and now missions might be fully moddable and I might give them to npcs, I want to mainline it is well but that requires a lot of file formatting.

[quote=“Noctifer, post:415, topic:10523”][quote=“LoneTophat, post:414, topic:10523”]Is this working with the experimental branch? I still get some minor errors, but nothing that causes CTD’s or anything too awful.

Did you put in the majority of the dialogues for NPC’s and what not? It seems like this mod really expands factions, as well.[/quote]

I see no issues with the experimentals but I can test it again. I wrote npc dialoge and factions for this mod, I wish for expanding it and now missions might be fully moddable and I might give them to npcs, I want to mainline it is well but that requires a lot of file formatting.[/quote]

It should be mainlained, absolutely. I wish you luck, I imagine such formatting is time intensive and monotonous.

The factions, NPC stuff, and dialogues make the game world really come alive for me! I liked to read newspapers before, just because they built the “story” for me.

Now I have actual things to do, not just boring fetch quests.

If I can get mission to work, you will have actual quest to do and get rewards for them as well. Glad you liked it.

That would be wonderful to see, Noctifer

So after json diving I see that custom missions are still not a thing, sorta. I could probably make “custom” missions but only in name and dialogue, you would still be doing what other mission have you do (find a book, find my dog, bring me my software, etc.)

Update the download to address some errors that some recent PRs caused and along with a couple of changes for flavar and PRs I myself submitted. Here are the changes.

9-Fixed debug errors at load.
9-Deleted Hardened Bionic Sniper.
9-Made Survivor Combatives scenario locked to “some time after” scenarios.
9-Deleted scenario Mansion Holdout.