Cataclysm++ Mod

Noob question: I assume your mod doesn’t play well with PK’s Reimagining, as there seems to be a lot of overlap? Am I correct?

Loading this mod before pk’s makes pk not work, but if you load this before it pk’s will work, the diffrence is that you won’t see this mods monster’s outside “special” zones like in the cities.

We could do a patch for that.

Malkeus was keeping a patch for various mods but he seems to be gone.

Thanks, I don’t think I am the only person looking forward to such a merge patch! Will such a patch then need an update of that overmap rebalancing mod to add in the locations/stuff for Cataclysm++, as I don’t think that dude uses your mod Noctifer, probably because its not obviously compatible with PK’s mod.

What I mean is will your locations show up in the overmap using that overmap rebalancing mod? (I am still a little confused exactly how that overmap mod functions, I know what it does in-game first hand and I really like the results.)

(Malkeus hasn’t fixed his other mods like Jury-Rigged Robots for months… )

If overmap compatibility is ever introduced to the games code no such patched would be necessary but would probably beak mods in the process, for now a patch should do.

As far as I know, there is no overmap conflict with mods so using any overmap mods with another should have no problem.

He hasn’t been here for months, he just disappeared, hope everything’s alright.

I am sure he is alright, probably have moved on to other things. I am sure I am missing in action in the Skyrim modding scene and everyone there thinks I am dead too, nah, just moved on to other games.

Ive been meaning to steal your work on NPCs anyway :o , so have a patch:

^^ this is the patch. To use it simply pop it into your mod folder and make sure it is the last mod loaded. After both pks or cata++

I should mention its intended to be used with my forum version…

So are you able to create a new class of npc and supply them with item_lists of your own devising?

For classes I haven’t done it myself but you should be able to by copying the classes.json in the game’s NPC folder.

And as for Item lists, I haven’t been able to get it to work, I assumed it was just putting the NPC id in the item_list file and it would match it but it seems to not work. Hence why I use default classes.

You are able to specify custom factions, dialogue and the attitude the npc has when the player encounters them.

Hey, great mod! i always used this mod (survivor combatives FTW!) but may i ask… how do i know the other factions are active??
My factions screen just shows “Your Followers” and “Captives” is that right?

Thanks in Advance!!

[quote=“GabeXS, post:431, topic:10523”]Hey, great mod! i always used this mod (survivor combatives FTW!) but may i ask… how do i know the other factions are active??
My factions screen just shows “Your Followers” and “Captives” is that right?

Thanks in Advance!![/quote]
Glad to hear you are enjoying this mod! As for the factions, they show up once you meet one npc from that faction.

Thank you very much for the quick answer!

Not a problem!

Did a quick fix for issues at load, its really to download.

Did another fix that required the removal of an item that was outdated a long time ago anyway. Here is the changed log.

10-Fixed loading issue.
10-Removed MX-84 full select fire mod.
10-Made MX-84 laser sniper have a mechanism mod slot.
10-Added Paracord Bracelet.
10-Added Paracord Survival Watch.

the Cataclysm++/pks_rebalancing monster merger update

[quote=“pisskop, post:437, topic:10523”]the Cataclysm++/pks_rebalancing monster merger update

Very much appreciated!

Noctifer,
Very neat additions! I however noticed an issue and wanted to make sure it wasn’t just me. I’ve been playing a world using the latest experimental and only your modification. When I make it to a “Makeshift Command Center” after opening the gate all of the NPC’s inside race out and leave, including the center leader. Is this intended?

[quote=“Fenris, post:439, topic:10523”]Noctifer,
Very neat additions! I however noticed an issue and wanted to make sure it wasn’t just me. I’ve been playing a world using the latest experimental and only your modification. When I make it to a “Makeshift Command Center” after opening the gate all of the NPC’s inside race out and leave, including the center leader. Is this intended?[/quote]
This has been an Issue I have not been able to solve…I tried making it so only the player can open the doors and making the place bigger away from all hostiles but they all still rush.