Cataclysm DDA 0.5 Released

What are you talking about? I haven’t seen they even considered putting music in the game.[/quote]
I believe what he’s talking about is this:
http://www.cataclysmdda.com/smf/index.php?topic=1264.0
Personally I’m looking forward to having some ambience to the game aside from my own musics.

[quote=“SuicideRey, post:39, topic:1210”][quote=“Nopkar, post:38, topic:1210”]yanking it free takes quite a few movement points meaning Z’s get strikes on you quite quickly.

I’m not sure about the blisters, do they do any real damage or is it just a momentary notification that goes away? also do you have anything covering your mouth that would make you too warm or cold?[/quote]
I see, still never really gave me any trouble…

Blisters make my speed go up to 25 I even took everything off to test it, they appear everytime I load a game and make my speed go to 25 sometimes puts me in a sticky situation… I don’t think cold makes blisters appear either.[/quote]

someone else may need to answer that, i’ve never encountered the blisters before (apart from being too close to a fire)

The main menu has 0.4 instead of 0.5.

Ruined it.

I don’t think that music and sound effects are necessary for this game. There are a lot of other things to do.

[quote=“Nopkar, post:42, topic:1210”][quote=“SuicideRey, post:39, topic:1210”][quote=“Nopkar, post:38, topic:1210”]yanking it free takes quite a few movement points meaning Z’s get strikes on you quite quickly.

I’m not sure about the blisters, do they do any real damage or is it just a momentary notification that goes away? also do you have anything covering your mouth that would make you too warm or cold?[/quote]

Blisters make my speed go up to 25 I even took everything off to test it, they appear everytime I load a game and make my speed go to 25 sometimes puts me in a sticky situation… I don’t think cold makes blisters appear either.[/quote]

someone else may need to answer that, i’ve never encountered the blisters before (apart from being too close to a fire)[/quote]
I just hope it will go away soon…[quote=“uzername, post:44, topic:1210”]I don’t think that music and sound effects are necessary for this game. There are a lot of other things to do.[/quote]
Yet it won’t hurt and would be pretty nice.

http://www.cataclysmdda.com/smf/index.php?topic=1273.0

[quote=“SuicideRey, post:39, topic:1210”][quote=“Nopkar, post:38, topic:1210”]yanking it free takes quite a few movement points meaning Z’s get strikes on you quite quickly.

From my experience with that bug, the blisters disappear in one turn. Are yours persistent? I think I will have time after work today to look into what is causing that strange bug.

I am not sure if this was fixed in the newest revisions already but I had some problems with the map in version 0.5:
I could see map info of a dead character, and now I lost all my map info as I loaded my game today.

Other than that stellar job.

[quote=“kradidark, post:48, topic:1210”]I am not sure if this was fixed in the newest revisions already but I had some problems with the map in version 0.5:
I could see map info of a dead character, and now I lost all my map info as I loaded my game today.

Other than that stellar job.[/quote]

Delete your save file and start fresh? If there is old information lying around in the folders it could be interacting in strange ways. Also, spray cans persist between players of the same world.

Yay! still doesn’t get me my “free” artifact back, but still pretty cool.

Hand me that flask of mutagen, will ya?

Takes several large gulps

Ahh. This’s gonna be a looong night.

EDIT - Hohoooooo, a Hardcore mode in the form of a trait, eh? That sounds amazing.

Now all I want is knockback and extra damage due to knockback from large enemies like hulks. It’d make fighting zombies so epic.

Quick check: are all zed-wounds supposed to trigger infection, or only some of them?
Never mind, checking in https://github.com/TheDarklingWolf/Cataclysm-DDA/commit/ed836648888b0c7a47ca3c29e4e6cd82e2dac0a1 indicates that it’s a 1/10 shot, line 1438 of monattack.cpp.

Note: Current version is still labelled as 0.4-git.

To pitch a second one…
Had a dozen spawns, and also checked out ones in character’s vicinity. Superb kick team! With natural resources and predators abound, this should be a hundred plus hour gameplayZ. :slight_smile:

Not sure if it’s been stated but wooden crossbow bolts are crafted under weapons, while wooden arrows are under ammo.
Seamed like it could have been easily overlooked.

Good catch about bolts, I’ll open up a ticket to fix it.

Luckily, it’s something that you can fix without recompiling now :). If it bugs you, all you need to do is open up data/raw/recipes.json, find the bolt entry (search for “bolt_wood”), and change the category from “CC_WEAPON” to “CC_AMMO”.

Cool, just figured I’d toss it out there. Didn’t think it would be THAT easy… but I’m going to bed so I’ll probably forget to change it. Night.

There’s a reason we went through all the trouble of moving lots of stuff into JSON data files :). Now, granted, the precise order inside the file does affect the order that they’re displayed in-game, but other than that, changing the category is as simple as changing one line (and I think that the order would be sane if you left bolts where they currently are, anyway).

Found a bunch of fungaloids and fungal zombies with no spire nearby, is that normal?

Fungaloids and fungal zombies can wander quite far from their spire. It’s fully possible to start encountering them without being able to see the spire at all if there is any sort of forests around.