Cataclysm DDA Version 0.1

Windows Build
Mac Build
Source code is available at www.github.com/TheDarklingWolf/Cataclysm-DDA as always.

We’ve started using a proper versioning system, for convenience.

Changes
Not a massive amount in this release, mostly bugfixes, but we’ve tossed a couple new things in.

Palisade Walls and Gates - Pretty tough to bash down, and can be fired throguh
Log Walls - Basically the same as wood walls, different construction methods.
The ability to disassemble tshirts and tank tops by hand. - Handy for bleeding.
Revolver Shotgun - Not much to say on this.
A whole ton of misc fixes, to all kinds of stuff.

A bunch of new bugs for you to discover and yell at us about.

You guys are too cool.

Thank you. I’d like to play this version but some ants screwed my keyboard. And they’re still eating it.

Does the revolver shotgun use normal shotgun shells, or did you also add a new .410 round for it?

Thanks for the update!

Those children zombies are evil though. 3 deaths to them already. Spawn early and in large numbers, and they seem to be faster than anything but a fast zombie. Need to avoid parks like the plague when starting.

It’s a modded single barrel shotgun, so it uses standard shells.

[quote=“Master Darius, post:3, topic:275”]0.1

Thank you. I’d like to play this version but some ants screwed my keyboard. And they’re still eating it.[/quote]

I have so much rotting food matter [glow=red,2,300]and other stuff[/glow] in my keyboard I can see ants nesting in it.

The new release Is amazing, Thanks to Darkling and all the other amazing contributes!

i dunno if this was asked before (thus search yielded nothing):

how much elsewhere needed work would consume making the ‘use metric system’ option affect names and descriptions of certain items [size=6pt](like string - 3ft, wheel - 18", and CBM:internal temperature which has description of working between 0 and 140F)[/size]?

[quote=“unback, post:8, topic:275”]i dunno if this was asked before (thus search yielded nothing):

how much elsewhere needed work would consume making the ‘use metric system’ option affect names and descriptions of certain items [size=6pt](like string - 3ft, wheel - 18", and CBM:internal temperature which has description of working between 0 and 140F)[/size]?[/quote]

I think it would just be a bit of grunt work. There is already an option to change speeds and displayed temps in km/h and C. I think an extra line of code is all that’s needed, and for the coder to find all instances that need to be changed…

Come to think of it, my motorcycle with 13" wheels has been upgraded to a 1.02 liter engine…

Seriously, those child zombies are the worst addition you could have done to this game.

You miss them 90% of the time, they spawn befor the grace period and you even get a moral penalty for killing those buggers?!
Please release a vers asap where you can disable it…

They have made it harder admittedly, however I do like them as an addition. I think perhaps they should not spawn before the grace period but maybe that’s just me.

well, you don’t get any penalty for burning them aliv… undead with molotov or just spilled and then ignited gasoline :smiley:

EDIT: oh well, any thing that kills them with AoE effect doesnt imply morale penalty, as long as the center title aint on them.

There is in my opinion a difference between making something harder or annoying.

Mind not having cataclysm zipped? I can’t compile my own version and my new PC doesn’t like WinRAR.

Isn’t zip like the one single truly universally compatible archive format? I can’t imagine what you’d prefer instead.

Maybe you could try running 7-zip instead of winrar.

Hmmm, last time I was using WinZip, he was able to open RAR’s too…

Try 7zip.

It’s zip, doesn’t Windows (as in windows explorer) handle zip natively anyway? I thought it acted just like a directory in explorer although it’s been a while since I used windows for anything other than Steam.

Alternately if your new PC is running OS X and not Windows then on the command line you should have a tool called [tt]tar[/tt] which can extract zip files too with [tt]tar xf filename[/tt]

7-zip instead of winrar.[/quote]
Bingo

Absolutely fantastic work on this release, and better than normal announcement / documentation of new features in this post. :wink: :wink:

Glad to see the change to the version naming convention, as I was having a minor amount of difficulty figuring out what features were in which “official” releases, which were in various mods, etc. Makes both playing the game, and researching feature specific gameplay information on the forums easier.

This release is a BEAST. Feels kind of like a “turning point” in the official release; the bulk of excellent new content is finally all in one easy to find place. And it didn’t take very long for the dev team to pull it all together. This will make it easier for the casual player to find everything he/she needs in one place, and thus become fully addicted to this game.

Too many features to comment on individually. But they’re all great. Loving the resizing view window; it completely changes the game!