Can you make foldable vehicles if you use the foldable frames?

If so how do you do it? I’m trying to make a foldable cart to throw into my vehicle.

I’m fairly sure that’s the idea, but it’s not implemented yet.

Correct, the only foldable vehicles you can make are the ones you can build with a crafting recipe. I want to change that, not sure when I’ll be able to get to it.

Foldable shopping carts with jet engines. I can see it now.

In all seriousness, though, exactly how portable will these foldable vehicles be? I certainly hope you find a way to keep people from hauling semi-trucks around in their pockets.

[quote=“Nighthawk, post:4, topic:7030”]Foldable shopping carts with jet engines. I can see it now.

In all seriousness, though, exactly how portable will these foldable vehicles be? I certainly hope you find a way to keep people from hauling semi-trucks around in their pockets.[/quote]

The volume would be the sum of the total parts (condensed if it’s a foldable frame :D) and the combined weight.

Look at the folding bycycle for an example, the stats are based on a real folding bicycle, meaning sticking them in a backpack is quite a stretch.
They’re mostly useful for sticking in a vehicle trunk, and other ones will be similar.

this is cataclysm: DDA, and welcome to jackass.

1 Like

is being able to fold say some parts of a car a thing like if i wanted to fold out my quantum solar panel out from a cover for when it acid rains?
or say fold out a turret cars wheels to move it around or would that be to hard to code in?

[quote=“ranger225500, post:8, topic:7030”]is being able to fold say some parts of a car a thing like if i wanted to fold out my quantum solar panel out from a cover for when it acid rains?
or say fold out a turret cars wheels to move it around or would that be to hard to code in?[/quote]

Right now folding doesn’t play too well with non-folding. If you or someone else were to write & PR the code for folding sections, though, we’d certainly be interested.

Folding is a nice idea but how am I supposed to carry a folted flatbed?

Same way you’d carry Skidbladnir. In your pocket.

It’s about the weight, loopy loops. :slight_smile:
Your 5-ish kW, 2-cylinder engine is over 35 kilos of road trouble, not effectively used power – and then you have the other 35 kilos of used parts. Remember, you can (G)rab some of the vehicles and pull 'em alongside, if you just need scraps.
Here’s what I’m thinking - what if I could load my small, electric scooter ON my shopping cart? Does that mean I can load any three or so frames onto any vehicle, knowing that the contents merely fit in terms of weight/volume? Can I really saw off half a truck and load it onto a Prius? It still feels like drinking chocolate, and eating fresh water.
It kinda loses its sense after some point, I dunno…

1 Like

[quote=“vultures, post:12, topic:7030”]It’s about the weight, loopy loops. :slight_smile:
Your 5-ish kW, 2-cylinder engine is over 35 kilos of road trouble, not effectively used power – and then you have the other 35 kilos of used parts. Remember, you can (G)rab some of the vehicles and pull 'em alongside, if you just need scraps.
Here’s what I’m thinking - what if I could load my small, electric scooter ON my shopping cart? Does that mean I can load any three or so frames onto any vehicle, knowing that the contents merely fit in terms of weight/volume? Can I really saw off half a truck and load it onto a Prius? It still feels like drinking chocolate, and eating fresh water.
It kinda loses its sense after some point, I dunno…[/quote]Trunks have a volume limit, and barring that the vehicle in question will be severely hindered by heavy weight.
Though, could folding vehicles be a way to get vehicles between Z levels, then, assuming you can carry it at all?

Yeah, you can totally take your folding bicycle from one z-level to another.

[quote=“KA101, post:14, topic:7030”]Yeah, you can totally take your folding bicycle from one z-level to another.[/quote]Hah, excellent means we can have folding minifridges, floodlights, etc and move them between levels with no problem!

Minifridges and floodlights don’t fold.

If even a single part isn’t foldable, the whole vehicle isn’t.

Oh, that’s a shame.

shooping cart basket is unfoldable too only wire basket

[quote=“iceball3, post:13, topic:7030”][quote=“vultures, post:12, topic:7030”]It’s about the weight, loopy loops. :slight_smile:
It kinda loses its sense after some point, I dunno…[/quote]Trunks have a volume limit, and barring that the vehicle in question will be severely hindered by heavy weight.
Though, could folding vehicles be a way to get vehicles between Z levels, then, assuming you can carry it at all?[/quote]

Why not add a bike rack vehicle part? You examine it, it asks if you want to store the nearby vehicle. The vehicle disappears into the rack and adds the weight onto the other vehicle, you can give it a maximum storage based on the power of the big vehicle’s engine or something. Would be cool.

Cargo carriers have 1,000 volume; that’s enough for most vehicles. That’s 100 folding frames w/o parts.