Folding Parts

I’ve seen this before, but it wasn’t until the mod for extra foldy stuff came out that I started to wonder what the deal is. I’ve never been able to figure out how to fold something, even if it’s ‘foldable.’

Anyone want to clue me in?

[quote=“Wally-kun, post:1, topic:10299”]I’ve seen this before, but it wasn’t until the mod for extra foldy stuff came out that I started to wonder what the deal is. I’ve never been able to figure out how to fold something, even if it’s ‘foldable.’

Anyone want to clue me in?[/quote]

You need to add Vehicle controls and interface with that to the foldable frame.
Even then you can only add “small” items to the framework. So adding a Truck altenator to the frame won’t work, but a motorcycle one will.

Thats about all you need to watch out for.

[quote=“Sundaysmile, post:2, topic:10299”][quote=“Wally-kun, post:1, topic:10299”]I’ve seen this before, but it wasn’t until the mod for extra foldy stuff came out that I started to wonder what the deal is. I’ve never been able to figure out how to fold something, even if it’s ‘foldable.’

Even then you can only add “small” items to the framework. So adding a Truck altenator to the frame won’t work, but a motorcycle one will.

Thats about all you need to watch out for.[/quote]

no need for controls. just 'e’xamine the foldable vehicle and you will have the option to fold it. Use it in its folded state to unfold.

[quote=“Dlightfull, post:3, topic:10299”][quote=“Sundaysmile, post:2, topic:10299”][quote=“Wally-kun, post:1, topic:10299”]I’ve seen this before, but it wasn’t until the mod for extra foldy stuff came out that I started to wonder what the deal is. I’ve never been able to figure out how to fold something, even if it’s ‘foldable.’

Thats about all you need to watch out for.[/quote]

no need for controls. just 'e’xamine the foldable vehicle and you will have the option to fold it. Use it in its folded state to unfold.[/quote]

I made that mod, and I have never found a way to fold a foldable vehicle without controls. If there is one, please share.

Edit: well, this information appears to be out of date. In the latest experimental, you can apparently fold a vehicle with no controls.

YAY!