Question: Any way to "tow" a smaller vehicle with a larger one?

So I really want to make a mobile command center, basically a huge, heavily armored beast of a vehicle complete with multiple interior rooms. This would be highly impractical for driving through towns, so it would be relegated to driving around them. This vehicle would simply be a mobile base, enabling me to pull up stakes and move on to a new section of the map. I also want to have a smaller motorcycle or quad style vehicle for quickly getting around the more immediate area, speeding through towns, that sort of thing. Is there any way that I can bring the smaller vehicle with me by towing it or something, or will I simply have to disassemble it and store the parts and then rebuild it once I’ve chosen a new location for my base?

As an aside, does anyone else think that some sort of retractable ramp that enables you to drive a motorcycle up into some sort of transport bay(in a larger vehicle) would be an awesome high mechanics craftable? I love the idea of this big lumbering beast of a vehicle suddenly opening a rear ramp and then a bike shooting out the back.

sorry but you must disasemble and store inside and later asemble

Use the folding bicycle.

I feel as if the dragging mechanic we use to pull furniture/baskets around could be reconfigured to ‘drag’ attached vehicles on a larger vehicle, on top of adding the weight of the dragged vehicle to the larger one it can detach if it got knocked.

This has most likely been suggested before, but I think that it will find it’s way into cata sooner or later.

(Sirquote! I’ve missed you [Not so much as missed, but I haven’t seen you around for a while] !)

Well, try dragging a cart onto a car now. The bugs are real.

Does it have any storage? Can storage be added to it? Storage is really the only reason I use vehicles.

That’s what I figured, thanks for the confirmation. Not so bad really once you get a mounted welder, just a little time consuming.

Does it have any storage? Can storage be added to it? Storage is really the only reason I use vehicles.[/quote]

I think the folding bike lacks storage, usually if I’m going quiet ranging away from my wartrukk I carry a dufflebag or something similar in my inventory and just bike around, I put the bag on to store my haul once I’m done looting and because of maaaad strength bonuses, I don’t really worry about the actual weight of carried items.

Does it have any storage? Can storage be added to it? Storage is really the only reason I use vehicles.[/quote]

I think the folding bike lacks storage, usually if I’m going quiet ranging away from my wartrukk I carry a dufflebag or something similar in my inventory and just bike around, I put the bag on to store my haul once I’m done looting and because of maaaad strength bonuses, I don’t really worry about the actual weight of carried items.[/quote]

Yeah, but ~200 volume doesn’t really compare with 650+ volume… I’m going to try doing it both ways, see which one is better value for the hassle involved.

Yeah, true. I don’t think there’s any real mass storage option outside of making a hauler every time you set out to loot.

I just carry a disassembled shopping cart in my vehicle with a trunk instead of a wire basket, carries more plus makes it easier to keep track of with the tileset I’m using(Tsu’s).

folding bike has a basket. Not much, but better than nothing.

Is the folding bike hard-coded or it would be possible to mod in a few advanced folding vehicles?

It’s moddable, the main feature they still need is some infrastructural changes to let you build them.