Can you make foldable vehicles if you use the foldable frames?

When i enter a city that i want to loot i simply build a frame with a cargo carrier on top. The parts i have stored in my car and the assembly is quite fast.

Same, except I just rip some doors off a nearby car and build a frame with a trunk. I leave it behind when I move on.

Do folding frames weigh less than Extra Light frames? If so i will probably use them for misc purpouses instead as iirc it only needs a pipe or two.
Would be nice if we could be able to carry folded up floodlights though, as to be able to stow portable floodlights andsuch until needed for house lighting or whatever.

shoping car basket should be modable to be foldable shoping basket+8 scrap metal+8 nails/wire and hammer with welder and wirecutter should make it foldable

:smiley: Yay, folding vehicles are getting some more love! I gave them some enhancements a few weeks ago, so I’m glad more people are looking into them.

Headlights, blue lights and red lights are currently foldable, but I can add floodlights to the list. They probably wouldn’t lose much/any volume folded, but I’ll add the tag and folded_volume.

Also, thanks to another recent PR (that I can’t find to give credit to right now sadly), muscle engines (foot crank and hand rims) can now charge batteries when an alternator is attached. I’ll add alternators and batteries as foldable, but again they probably wouldn’t get any smaller when folded.

I definitely like the idea of foldable shopping cart baskets, so I’ll probably add them and a similar cloth storage part (think hotel laundry carts.)

Any other suggestions?

Oh this is great, I’ve thought for a while that moped style vehicles should be a thing.

Annnd pull request submitted!

I feel like solar panels shouldn’t specifically be foldable. Rather, that solar panels can be modified to be swappable like swappable storage batteries. Make the installation base the foldable component for a folding solar array and then you have to install the panels individually into the sockets but it wouldn’t require tools to install or uninstall.

His/her plan is to make them foldable but offer no reduction in volume.

A folded folding frame is 10 volume, a solar panel has 12 volume. a 3x3 square of nothing but folding frames and solar panels (9 tiles) is 186 (9x10 + 9x12). Seems fair enough to me.

Which is not to say that I disagree with you, I’d rather see solar foil as a new craftable item.

Yeah, I’m likely going to make a foldable solar panel as a craftable higher skill item, maybe an advanced version. I think it fits real world usage moreso than socket-able ones. If you Google “folding solar panel”, you’ll see examples. I’m not adamant on no volume reduction; I threw that out as a balance concession.

His, btw. :slight_smile:

Would you consider adding a lower quality or lower volume version of the stereo system that you can fold up? Or at least, make it so the stereo system is foldable.

Are wing mirrors foldable? Or at least able to not be scraped off when you drive next to a bush?

from cataclysm\data\json\vehicle_parts.json:
},{
“type” : “vehicle_part”,
“id” : “wing_mirror”,
“name” : “wing mirror”,
“symbol” : “o”,
“color” : “light_cyan”,
“broken_symbol” : “*”,
“broken_color” : “dark_gray”,
“damage_modifier” : 10,
“durability” : 200,
“folded_volume”: 2,
“item” : “mirror”,
“difficulty” : 1,
“location” : “structure”,
“flags” : [“VISION”, “PROTRUSION”, “UNMOUNT_ON_DAMAGE”, “FOLDABLE”],
“breaks_into” : [
{“item”: “glass_shard”, “min”: 0, “max”: 2}
]
},{

To answer your question: Yes and No.

I found that if you add “folded_volume”: and “FOLDABLE” in the correct places, ANYTHING becomes foldable. I ran with it and my current version has foldable everything that made sense. All the small parts and most of the crafting machines. I semi-balanced it by making the volume remain the same or even increase to simulate stands for the crafting machines.
It pretty natural. I can have each crafting machine folded up in my trunk, roll up to a new site and then set up a crafting area, with each machine a seperate vehicle, connected with jumper cables where necessary.